Advice needed for LLoyds mess up!

charliemoggs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, not sure if this is in the right place but i'm sure someone will move it for me!!! sorry

right are you ready this is a long story and has gone on for nearly 4 months!!!

LLoyds offered us back a refinace package to consolidate our overdraft and loan we had with them, we were unsure and spoke to someone who asdviced us this would save us money, we signed the papers and returned them by recorded delivery, after 2 weeks we phoned as nothing had been done, they sadi they lost the papers and we would need to sign them again..

after many calls telling them we had not received them, someone told us we could visit the branch and we could sign them there!! this was not the case after 2 hours we were told that it was a waste of time and the branch manager had messed up as he had erased our orginal loan and set up the refinance packeage but we saw no money.

we called the collections dept and asked to speak to the manager, he said that the branch had messed up and we had to wait for that to be sorted before they could re print the refinance package papers for us to sign.

a few more weeks later and another load of phone calls we were told that because the refinance package was set up by the local branch we now have to make the payment for that instead of our old loan!!! we were furious that we now have to pay for something we don't have... the manager told us if we didn't it would affect us when we actually do get the papers!!!! (we are sure they are never going to arrive)

so now we are paying for a loan we don't have and overdraft charges that the loan was supposed to pay off.

what do we do now? someone please help we are at our wits end we have made so many phone calls

Write, to the head office, not the branch. Send 'recorded - signed for' and clearly mark the envelope and letter 'complaint'.

Set out in order exactly what has happened. Keep it all as factual as possible, give dates and times where you can.

At the end add a paragraph detailing the effect their 'mistake' has had on you, e.g. stress, not sleeping, worry, anything else you can think of.

After that write down exactly what you want them to do to resolve the situation, i.e. get their paperwork sorted out properly plus reimburse you for the cost of all the telephone calls etc.

Finally, are you absolutely certain that refinancing is the best or only option? It's not generally a good idea to borrow more to repay debts.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

hi thanks for the advice,

we are not borrowing anymore money they are just joining the 2 together to make our payments per month lower, don't think we will ever borrow money again!!! we are saving and putting it under our matress!!!!!!!

hi thanks for the advice,

we are not borrowing anymore money they are just joining the 2 together to make our payments per month lower, don't think we will ever borrow money again!!! we are saving and putting it under our matress!!!!!!!

Are you sure? Have you compared the total amount payable under the new loan with what you already owe? At the very least the lower payments imply a longer repayment period and so extra interest. You are likely to end up repaying an awful lot more than you already owe. If you want some impartial advice, try ringing National Debtline.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.