Mis-Sold A car!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I think I have been mis-sold a car and would like to know where I stand. I bought the car from a dealer about 6 weeks ago and since then the car has been sat on my drive under a cover as I work away and this was a project of sorts. I have done nothing to the car as yet but the plan was to turn it into a street legal track car for a bit of fun. The car I found from a dealer was bought largely for the parts I was told it already had on, and from the limited view I had when viewing it all looked true. So I bought it.

Last week I went to work on it and when I had taken the wheels off and had the car in the air I could see that one part that I was told it had (worth around £500 new) wasn't there at all (it is there but it's standard instead of a performance item, so not as described) and the other part was from the same manufacturer but a cheaper part, basically a street spec part instead of track spec as I was told it had. I have proof in writing that these parts should be on the car.

The other part of the deal was that if I| paid the asking price then the dealer wold have it fully resprayed for me, which loked great when I picked it up but after only a month has shown itself to be a poor job. The dealer also had so wider arches put on for me so I could widen the track while keeping the wheels under arches, hence keeping it street legal. This was also done poorly now that I can get a good look at it while the car is in the air. Obviously if these things were immediately apparant when picking the car up I wouldn't have accepted it, put only time will tell with the paint.

I want the car to go back for a refund because althought the dealer has offered to take it back to be repainted I don't trust the painters (this will be the 3rd time they have done it, they messed it up once before I got it and had to redo it which I put done to a simple human error element where now they seem incompetant) but he is saying that he won't take it back because of the arches that he had put on. I never asked for him to put these on, he offered as part of the deal to have them fitted if I bought them. He has said he will swap the street spec part for a track spec one but the part that isnt there at all he is ignoring. I still just want to return it now, I've lost all faith in the dealer.

Any help much appreciated.

Sam

Hard one this as the product has had changes from the original that was purchased.

I'll have a look around and see what I can find, but don't think it's very hopefull.

The changes were done before I handed over the cash and were offered by him. Since I actually bought it I have done nothing with it apart from cover it up.

Surely his offer can't affect my statutory rights?

Edited by Team_Awesome

I think conniff means the changes you have made.

You say went to work on it and took off the wheels.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I think conniff means the changes you have made.

You say went to work on it and took off the wheels.

Ida x

Ah right, but wheels are only 4 bolts and they are off, once I saw the problems I put the wheels back on and decided not to do the work. So no work has been done.

Has he refused to give you a refund? have you asked? you need to write to him explaining the reasons etc. and give him 14 days to respond or you will take him to court under SOGA, vehicle or parts not as described or agreed; misrepresented etc.

If you cant agree some settlement this may be you only way forward.

Coincidence but am taking action myself against Awesome imports in bristol for misrep on a car.

Has he refused to give you a refund? have you asked? you need to write to him explaining the reasons etc. and give him 14 days to respond or you will take him to court under SOGA, vehicle or parts not as described or agreed; misrepresented etc.

If you cant agree some settlement this may be you only way forward.

Coincidence but am taking action myself against Awesome imports in bristol for misrep on a car.

Haha quite the coincidence, althouh Team Awesoem is my race team name, it's meant to be ironic as we are definately racing for fun and not victory!

Yes I have asked and yes he has refused, because of the work he offered to do for me.

Just heard back from him that he doesn't know whether the exhaust is performance or standard, all he knows is its made by a different company to standard, but he put it in the list of performance modifications anyway. So now the advertisement has been misleading too.

I'm going to get some details of the parts so I can hand some hard facts should the case go to court. Does anyone have anymore inut into what I'm legally entitled to, bearing in mind that I have done nothing to the car since it was bought, it's exactly how I received it. I'm wanting to return it for a refund.