• Tweets

• Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand. if you have their engineers report, thats good enough. it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace. but they must under CRA do one of the above. to date how have you been in contacting the manu?  
    • Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

If you seriously want to quit smoking ...

borisbcs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks. I had a quick read through and it does make alot of sense. It's also nice to know I am not the only one who *used* to fall victim to such excuses.

It certainly has given me a new perspective on things.

For Sale: Parachute

Used once, never opened...slight stain:-o

That link talks about addiction. If you really were addicted, you wouldn't last the 8 hours during sleep, but would wake up wanting. Does anyone wake up craving a fag? I didn't think so which means if you can last 8 hours, you can last 24 hours which means you can last 7 days etc:

I do crave something awful during the night and first thing in the morning. Sad I know. It was probably the worst part of my last quit attempts because come the morning I was exhausted.

But I've made it this far. It wasn't easy, but if i give up now then it will all have been for nothing (or a very good lesson in never ever putting myself through quitting again - says my unconscious mind).

NOT LISTENING!!!:D

Edited by ruby0167
Spelling - Ooops

For Sale: Parachute

Used once, never opened...slight stain:-o

• 2 months later...
That link talks about addiction. If you really were addicted, you wouldn't last the 8 hours during sleep, but would wake up wanting. Does anyone wake up craving a fag? I didn't think so which means if you can last 8 hours, you can last 24 hours which means you can last 7 days etc:

This IDIOT obviously has never smoked or know many people that do! To say people don't wake up wanting a fag! Most smokers I know have to have a fag first thing in the morning, and I know I have one myself within 45 minutes of waking up when I am working.

Excuse me shacklegob, don't come on here calling people you don't know names.

I have smoked 40-50 per day for 20 years, so stuff that where the sun don't shine.

You are obviously attempting to deny that the main part of quiting is 'will power and I said 'wake up' not get up in the morning.

I wasn't obviously trying to deny anything ya numpty? I didn't mention quitting or will power? All i said was to say smokers don't wake up wanting a fag is simply stupid, nothing else?

The point I was trying to make is that it is mostly will power and not need.

If the 'body' desperately needed a fix, then it would wake in the night wanting one, but as it doesn't then that shows the desire is more in the mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

this is silly

forget the gum/patches etc

if they work for you, so be it

there is only one way to give up smoking

WILL POWER

AFTER SMOKING 20 A DAY FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS, IME NOw CLEAR FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS.

smoking is all in the mind, even though there is an addiction, its not as bad as you think, just break the cycle

the down side is ive put on over a stone

its a reflex action, keeping my mouth and hand occupied, so even after this long, the habit is still there, not the craving

anyone got any tipps about this compulsion to eat without even thinking about it

realy do need to loose some weight

Edited by postggj

• 4 weeks later...

I have been smoking since the age of 11 and I've decided that for my babies health, as well as my own I want to quit smoking, as working out what it costs for a packet of 20 cigs considering I used to smoke 40 a day, I spend a lot of time on my computer so I thought okay I'm gonna try a different method and if that dont work then I'll be damned.. This may sound a bit weird but my computer runs three monitors so I installed a rotating wallpaper changer and then got images of what smoking actually does to your health. it mind sound a bit crass and morbid, but hey it helped cut me down to 20 a day. who knows I might make a screensaver and upload it to the web though for everyone elses security I will upload it to viruscan jotti first to ensure that no virii has been embedded into the screensaver first.

We should stop smoking because according to the studies smokers have a higher risk to have colon cancer. If we love our life, we should strive too hard to stop this type of addiction.

Th #1 information on colon health

http://colonnews.com

Edited by quinroxanne
errors

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I had my first cig when I was 13. Realized I couldnt stop at 15. Was diagnosed with cancer at 21, and again at 23. I finally quit after my second diagnosis and have been smoke free for about a year.

spammer.jpg

Now No Spam

Edited by slick132
Link removed from quote

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I agree with the willpower. I have been smokefree for 7 years now after starting at 11.

One thing that was different this time though was the amount of work I did before i stopped. in the past I had picked a date, thrown all the cigs, lighters and ashtrays away and tried to force myself to stop not really knowing why i smoked in the first place. what I mean is i always believed what I had been told about smoking and quitting but that is just one side of the argument, the tobacco and pharmacutical side.

I needed to look at why I smoked, what did I get from it and what a cigarette ACTUALLY did. once I had both sides of the argument then i could make an informed decision.

Willpower is a starnge thing. I like to think of ot as the Angel and the Devil sat on your shoulders. The Angel telling you "stop, it is killing you, you smell and you are spending a fortune" and the devil telling me "you dont want to stop, if you just quit how will you cope with difficult situations, how will you feel normal again without a cigarette" and do you know the devil was always the loudest

That was until I made them both agree. Then I could use my willpower to do what I wanted rather than this internal conflict going on inside me.

If you think of it like a seatbelt. If you lean forward too quickly while wearing a seatbelt it will lock. No matter how hard you try to move forward after it locks, it will not move. If you spent all your energy trying to move it you would get exhausted in the end and just stop trying. Well guess what. if you lean BACK slighltly the seatbelt will release and you can move effortlessly forward.

The same applies to stopping smoking. use the willpower in the same direction with the strategies to cope with anxiety and stress and you will move forward without effort.

I had never before since the age of 11 wanted or needed a coping strategy for stress and anxiety, why would I when I had cigarettes that would appear to do it for me. Learning new techniques allowed me to do what normal non smokers do when the feel stressed or in a difficult situation. Deal with it. not run away and give all the responsibility to a bunch of dried out leaves rolled in paper (oh and I found out there is no magic dust in tobacco - it is just dead leaves)

Someone mentioned deep breathing. Sounds simple but it is one of the most effective ways to cope with stress and anxiety. You may think that sounds silly. "i know how to breath" but doing it correctly makes all the difference

try this

Place your tongue on the roof of you mouth.

Then breath in deeply through your nose until you lower tummy starts to rise.

Then blow out through your mouth as if you were blowing a balloon up

Make sure it takes longer to breath out than in (good way is 7-11 - breath in to the count of 7 and out to the count of 11)

Repeat until you feel your shoulders start to drop.

Once you have mastered this you can then start to say a word in your mind on the outward breaths. for intance I use the word CALM. I just repeat it over and over in my mind as I breath out. Eventually your body will start to remember how you felt when you said your word. Soon you will be able to just say the word in your mind and your body will react by relaxing without even doing the breathes.

It is the reverse of what your body is doing when you subconcioussly think about smoking. whenyou get into a situation the first thing your mind will think is smoking will help. And your body will start to remember how you feel when you want a cigarette. the shoulders and face will tighten up, there will be a hollow empty feeling in your stomach and the fight or flight reaction will be triggered. The only way to switch this off will be to deal with the situation or run away. 9 times out of 10 a smoker will run away i.e smoke.

I hope this helps

Ian

• Haha 1

Hi,

No. On previous tries I had all the usual side effects. annoyed at everyone, making excuses to start an argument with someone just so i could have a cigarette and it "not be my fault". However, this time I decided to wait and see what it really felt like without any pre-conceptions. and do you know what it didn't actually feel like anything really. I think in the past I had expected to wake up one day and feel different, like a non-smoker I suppose whereas this time I decided not to wait. I decided it was different from the minute I had my last cigarette. After all the only thing that made me a smoker was the fact that I smoked. As long as I did not light up again I was a non-smoker.

I did have some physical side effects. The most pronounced being constipation and broken sleep paterns.

I dealt with each situation as it came and coped with it. I stopped giving the repsonsibility to cigarettes and finally grew up.

I managed to give up smoking for 2 years using nicotine gum - I say give up smoking but i didn't give up nicotine as I ended up addicted to the gum and know other people in the same situation. Its not good but better for you than smoking and I didn't put weight on as I was replacing smoking with gum instead of eating more. I did feel at lot better and the gum is cheaper than smoking.

I started smoking again at a very stressful time and now need to stop again - I think the psychological/willpower route is the best one as at least you aren't replacing one addiction with another unlike NRT. Its like giving up twice really, giving up the smoking, then giving up the gum/patches.

I've heard people talk about alan Carr but don't know what that's all about yet.

I am of the opinion if one seriously wants to quit smoking he or she need a lot of willpower. It think it is very difficult to stop if you do not have enough willpower. Besides this it is important that the persons quits smoking because he or she wants to stop and not because anybody else wants the person to stop. It is definitely a long way but if you make it it is a great feeling.

Acupuncture certainly works for pain relief, can't see how it will work on smoking but has to be worth a try.

There is really only one way to stop - first determination to do it and second will power to keep it up.

Thee are no medicines or magic potions, and patches etc are not prescribed to make you stop, they are just an aid to taking away the urge and craving.

Edited by Conniff

woops sorry for not replying but been for the acupuncture and then to work - well i aint had a you know what since 12 oclock!! not craving at all but dont really know wat todo with my hands - hence on computer - hopefully i'll be ok - will take it a day at a time

Well done. It's avoiding the things that normally make you have a cig like after a meal, so as soon as you have finished the meal, get up and do the washing up (not in a restaurant though), to break the cycle, the habit.

Most of all, stop thinking about it.