Firstplus ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some advice needed. My husband stupidly arranged a consolidation loan over the telephone with firstplus in January 2007, for £52.000.

After getting into financial difficlulty and looking on these forums I decided to check if we were paying for ppi. My husband does not remember being told anything about ppi and he did not have any copies of the paperwork.

I requested a copy of the loan agreement along with any details of insurance monthly payments and interest charges applicable.

After receiving a copy of the loan agreement and a copy of the leter that was also sent it shows that ppi has been added for £12734.80. This is for a 5 year payment protection Policy.

The copy of the loan agreement was not very clear the key financial information part was all black so I have requested another copy from them, to which they said they did not have a clearer copy and would need to get a copy from their solicitors?? so I am waiting for that to come through. Also there is a box that has a preprinted x in it but can not read what that is for!

While I was waiting for firtsplus to send a copy of the loan agreement I decided to call them and ask what the monthly payment for the ppi is. He asked if this was because I wanted to cancel it and if so he would send me letter with some details on what the refund would be.

While I was waiting for this I sent them a letter for misselling me a policy as:

1. my husband does no recall being told anything about ppi and I did not speak to anyone at any time about any information.

2. A 5 yr policy it not very suitable for a 17 yr loan.

Then on the same day I recieved a letter from firstplus stating that as the loan and isurance was actually sold by one of their brokers (my husband thought he was dealing with them direct) that they were unable to investigate and have forwarded the details to Central Capital.

I have also recieved a letter from Firstplus stating if I want to cancel the insurance they are prepared to make a refund of £1807.51 in respect of the premium paid.

What is my next step do I wait for central capital to come back to me and ignore the letter from firstplus.

I also believe that the correct procedures were not checked when the policy was sold i.e proof of income and expenditure as if they had they would have seen that we would find it difficult to repay the loan.

Any advice is appreciated.

Central Capital should get in touch ,though it may be Central Trust as they are now.

As this was 2007 they were regulated by the FSA so you will have the option to go to the FOS if Central disagree you have been mis sold.

Though I do know people have had successful claims againt Central.

Were you given Centrals details to check First plus did contact them?

Good Luck:)

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Hello Pilla,

S

ome advice needed. My husband stupidly arranged a consolidation loan over the telephone with firstplus in January 2007, for £52.000.

After getting into financial difficlulty and looking on these forums I decided to check if we were paying for ppi. My husband does not remember being told anything about ppi and he did not have any copies of the paperwork.

I requested a copy of the loan agreement along with any details of insurance monthly payments and interest charges applicable.

After receiving a copy of the loan agreement and a copy of the leter that was also sent it shows that ppi has been added for £12734.80. This is for a 5 year payment protection Policy.

The copy of the loan agreement was not very clear the key financial information part was all black so I have requested another copy from them, to which they said they did not have a clearer copy and would need to get a copy from their solicitors?? so I am waiting for that to come through. Also there is a box that has a preprinted x in it but can not read what that is for!

While I was waiting for firtsplus to send a copy of the loan agreement I decided to call them and ask what the monthly payment for the ppi is. He asked if this was because I wanted to cancel it and if so he would send me letter with some details on what the refund would be.

While I was waiting for this I sent them a letter for misselling me a policy as:

1. my husband does no recall being told anything about ppi and I did not speak to anyone at any time about any information.

2. A 5 yr policy it not very suitable for a 17 yr loan.

Then on the same day I recieved a letter from firstplus stating that as the loan and isurance was actually sold by one of their brokers (my husband thought he was dealing with them direct) that they were unable to investigate and have forwarded the details to Central Capital.

I have also recieved a letter from Firstplus stating if I want to cancel the insurance they are prepared to make a refund of £1807.51 in respect of the premium paid.

What is my next step do I wait for central capital to come back to me and ignore the letter from firstplus.

I also believe that the correct procedures were not checked when the policy was sold i.e proof of income and expenditure as if they had they would have seen that we would find it difficult to repay the loan.

Any advice is appreciated.

Bang in a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and give them all the details.......

Financial Ombudsman Service

all of the contact details are in the link above

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

You should not accept their pathetic attempt at a refund. They need to refund the lot and adjust the remaining loan balance accordingly. The steps to this are on my thread here, but the first thing you need to do is send a SAR to get proof that the PPI was mis-sold.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/128548-first-plus-ppi-reclaim.html

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

You should not accept their pathetic attempt at a refund. They need to refund the lot and adjust the remaining loan balance accordingly. The steps to this are on my thread here, but the first thing you need to do is send a Subject Access Request to get proof that the PPI was mis-sold.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/128548-first-plus-ppi-reclaim.html

I second what Goldlady say's! They have mis-sold PPI to thousands of people and they know it!

They will give in, as they don't want bring to much adverse publicity to their parent company 'Barclays' - just be firm and stand your ground!

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

Who do I send the subject access request to firstplus or central capital?

I have received a letter from central trust saying they are investigting and will respond within eight weeks.

Should I Send another letter to central trust detailing the amounts i want bAck?

thks x

I know it's an extra £10, but I would send it to both, then you may be able to see the paper trail and if it ever got to court you would have a much better understanding of who did/implied what (call recordings/transcripts etc.)

From what I understand, if it's central trust that sold you the loan/PPI then they are responsible for the mis-selling and therefore would have to reimburse you.

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

they don't want bring to much adverse publicity to their parent company 'Barclays'

Well I didn't know that - how interesting;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

I agree with Bog on the SAR's going to both as they will each have a record of all the discussions - hopefully!

BANK CHARGES

Others