DDWales vs Barclaycard***WON***

DDWales
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Id just like to thank all of you on here for your fantastic advice.:) After reading all of the forums and stickies i sent off for the SAR to Barclaycard two weeks ago and recieved the documents back yesterday. I am now in the process of adding all the charges up and making the next step. Will keep you all informed. I think this will be the first of many.......:-D

Hi DD,

Keep us informed and shout if you need any help or advice.:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update. Sorry i havent updated for a while....work!!! :evil: All charges added up (with and without interest). I am about to send the template letter. Just one question. Having read the threads should i ask for the charges with interest or not? It seems that those who do go through a long drawn out process as apparently Barclaycard will fight all the way. Im happy to settle for the lesser amount (without interest) but would obviously prefer with interest:) Any ideas will be appreciated!

Hi DD,

If you seek repayment of just the charges, BC will usually add on a token flat 8% bonus on top. They'll normally repay without you having to File a claim at court. Use this letter for your Prelim and LBA - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/586-credit-store-card-letter.html

If they miss your deadline to repay or reply, you can File at court and claim the s.69 8% Statutory Interest on top. This will be higher than a flat 8% as it relates back to the date of each charge. The s.69 int't is calculated on the Site spreadsheets but you shouldn't include this on your Prelim Letter or LBA.

There's no easy way to claim the higher rates of interest. BC will refuse to pay and you'll have to File at court, pay the AQ and Hearing Fees and prepare Court Bundles. BC will only negotiate just before a final Hearing date.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks Slick. Im going to send the prelim letter today. I dont think il bother with the interest if BC draw things out. The figure without interest will virtually wipe the outstanding amount anyway (especially with the 8% bonus you mention :)).

One final thing though, what is the correct address to send it to? I get confused by all the different ones on here..sorry! And also shall i send it by recorded delivery? Thanks for your help...its been a long day......:D

Use the address on your statement for starters and then use the address from which they reply if different.

If you come to file a court claim against them, then you must use their full trading name and the Churchill Place, London address.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update. Had a reply from Bcard. Im unable to scan at present but the gist of the letter stated the usual-'as an act of good will' and 'we disagree but....' Anyhow i did not decide to charge interest-was happy with the basic amount as this would basically wipe out what was left. The letter also stated that they would pay £16. I thought that this meant £16 out of the original £20 charges-they added up to around £100 so i thought ok. Read my statements today and theyve simply given me £16!!!! The cheek. Theres nearly £300 in charges!!! Not happy!!! :-x They obviously think that they can fob me off but this is not going to happen!! What do you think is the next appropriate action to take?

Hi DDW,

Send the appropriate Rejection Letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Send a separate LBA giving them a final 14 days before you file a claim at your local court.

Send the 2 letters off together.

• 4 months later...

Just to update LBA and rejection letter sent with schedule of charges etc. Its taken a bit longer than expected but better late than never!

Barclays have until the 24th of July to sort things out. Will keep you updated

Good.

If they are late replying, take the opportunity to File your claim quickly and you'll get the 8% s.69 Statutory Int't on top.

This will be a nice bonus, especially if you have charges going back several years. :)

Good.

If they are late replying, take the opportunity to File your claim quickly and you'll get the 8% s.69 Statutory Int't on top.

This will be a nice bonus, especially if you have charges going back several years. :)

Thats great will do. The charges go back to 2003/04 so that would be very welcome :)

An update! Sent off the LBA on the 10th of July. Had a reply today (letter dated 16th). All charges refunded in full with £55.22 interest on top being credited to my account. :):D This wipes out the amount left in the account which was entirely made up of all charges so very happy!! Thanks for all advice given. Donation to CAG coming shortly :D

Mods please move to 'Successes'!!! :smile:

Hi DDW and congratulations on your WIN. :D

Thread title changed to **WON**

Thanks for the donation you're going to make. :)