Ticket for Parking In a normal bay with disabled bages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been given a ticket for parking in a normal parking space in a council car park in Bolton Town Centre. In all the car parks in bolton you can park in any space you like with disabled badges. But for one of the car parks only they have now added an additional sign on the post saying that if you have disabled badges and you cannot park in any of the 5 disabled bays you are not allowed to use your badges and that you should purchase a ticket from the machine. is there anything that can be done with regards to this. I.E as it is an additional sign that has been put up are you suppose to check every sign before you park. Why is there been an additional sign been put up for this car park only stating that you can't use your tickets in normal bays only in this car park. Am i just clutching at straws? :(

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

We need to see a photo of the sign, and your PCN (minus personal details).

I'm assuming they need a Traffic Regulation Order for this custom bay, which the council might not have.

But let's see the photo first...

We need to see a photo of the sign, and your PCN (minus personal details).

I'm assuming they need a Traffic Regulation Order for this custom bay, which the council might not have.

But let's see the photo first...

Ok i will scan the ticket onto the system and go take a picture of the sign. What do you mean a traffic regulation order for this custom bay? It is a council car park like all the others over town say with 50 car parking spaces and 5 disabled spaces. They have the proper blue sign with all the information on it with regards to what you can and cannot do like all other car parks and then above the normal sign is a yellow sign just letting you know that if you are a disabled badge holder and park in a normal bay you will have to buy a ticket.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Every parking restriction needs a Traffic Regulation Order, which are a matter of public record. If there's no TRO for the bay, the ticket will be invalid. The stipulation about no disabled badge holders will have to be in the TRO.

There is no automatic concession for free parking for BB holders in Car parks so technically there is no need for any sign saying you need to pay since there should already be a sign saying 'pay and display' for able bodied drivers that also applies to everyone else, if that makes sense? If the change is a recent one it should however have been clearly signed and the off street parking places order ammended.

• 2 months later...
There is no automatic concession for free parking for BB holders in Car parks so technically there is no need for any sign saying you need to pay since there should already be a sign saying 'pay and display' for able bodied drivers that also applies to everyone else, if that makes sense? If the change is a recent one it should however have been clearly signed and the off street parking places order ammended.

Id like to give an example here.

Newbury in Berkshire had four car parks in the central area of the town. They had disabled bays and allowed free parking for blue badge holders. Over xmas 2008 they decided to change 3 of the car parks so that disabled had to pay. They extended the number of disabled bays in the 4th car park which remainded free.

They did all the correct stuff like getting the rules changed, and advertised the new changes. They even put up notices at the entrance that bb holders had to pay in the 3 car parks. Temps were even employed to help advise disabled people as to the new rules.

As for not being allowed to park in a normal bay ? Well if you cant park in a disabled bay, because they are all full, then where the hell are you supposed to park ? Your entitled to park in any bay. The only reason there is disabled bays is because they are bigger, allowing you to get in and out of your car better.

If the free bb bays were full and you had to park in a car park where disabled had to pay then technically you would have to pay. But then its all down to the discretion of the attendents if they are about at the time.

Id like to give an example here.

Newbury in Berkshire had four car parks in the central area of the town. They had disabled bays and allowed free parking for blue badge holders. Over xmas 2008 they decided to change 3 of the car parks so that disabled had to pay. They extended the number of disabled bays in the 4th car park which remainded free.

They did all the correct stuff like getting the rules changed, and advertised the new changes. They even put up notices at the entrance that bb holders had to pay in the 3 car parks. Temps were even employed to help advise disabled people as to the new rules.

As for not being allowed to park in a normal bay ? Well if you cant park in a disabled bay, because they are all full, then where the hell are you supposed to park ? Your entitled to park in any bay. The only reason there is disabled bays is because they are bigger, allowing you to get in and out of your car better.

If the free bb bays were full and you had to park in a car park where disabled had to pay then technically you would have to pay. But then its all down to the discretion of the attendents if they are about at the time.

Unfortunately, your example is moot. Newbury is not DPE. Thus parking matters are enforced by Police/Traffic Warden FPNs and ECNs. There are no, and never have been, parking attendants (RTA 1991) nor Civil Enforcement Officers (TMA 2004)

As for not being allowed to park in a normal bay ? Well if you cant park in a disabled bay, because they are all full, then where the hell are you supposed to park ?

You can park on street on a syl or dyl or in a pay and display bay 'free'. The main intention of issuing a blue badge is to allow you to park close to where you need to go because of limited mobility not to provide free parking in a car park.

Unfortunately, your example is moot. Newbury is not DPE. Thus parking matters are enforced by Police/Traffic Warden FPNs and ECNs. There are no, and never have been, parking attendants (RTA 1991) nor Civil Enforcement Officers (TMA 2004)

You are correct and wrong. The car parks are enforced bu the council and employ car park staff to enforce using (i think) ECN. As from april 6th, the highways parking is decriminalised and being taken over by the car parks staff and 20 CEO's (of which I am one).

You are correct and wrong. The car parks are enforced bu the council and employ car park staff to enforce using (i think) ECN. As from april 6th, the highways parking is decriminalised and being taken over by the car parks staff and 20 CEO's (of which I am one).

Since its now march and not april how is Pat wrong?

Since its now march and not april how is Pat wrong?

If I read correctly, which I probaly didnt, but in the top post is "I have been given a ticket for parking in a normal parking space in a council car park" Then patdavies said "Unfortunately, your example is moot. Newbury is not DPE. Thus parking matters are enforced by Police/Traffic Warden FPNs and ECNs. There are no, and never have been, parking attendants (RTA 1991) nor Civil Enforcement Officers (TMA 2004)" If you park in a car park in Newbury then they are enforced by the council car park staff, not traffic wardens. Traffic wardens are employed by the police and enforce the highways, unless the highways have been decriminalised. Please correct this if Ive made a small error. So my post (slightly misleading) was about the car parking by council parking staff, and how they will soon be taking over the on-street parking from april 6th. Any advice I offer is in good faith, and explaining how berks does things. This MAY help people, and I use the word "may" lightly, as other councils may do things differently. But I could say something that could be worth trying in your area, or at least finding out if a certain rule exists etc. I could mention something that you normally wouldnt have thought of trying.

Any advice I offer is in good faith, and explaining how berks does things.

I presume that you mean West Berks. Berks is no longer a council (although it remains a county).

Newbury's road markings are so defective that I look forward to free parking from next month.

They have only just made the bus stop outside the Post Office compliant - after several months of it being unenforceable..

• 4 weeks later...
I presume that you mean West Berks. Berks is no longer a council (although it remains a county).

Newbury's road markings are so defective that I look forward to free parking from next month.

They have only just made the bus stop outside the Post Office compliant - after several months of it being unenforceable..

Now your just getting picky, as I tried to give you a slap wrist. And now west berks DOES have PCN's etc, etc, etc.