Thank you Dave, Bankfodder and the site team

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's been a troublesome year and not just for the banks. You guys and gals have had a hard time too, but the forum strength is in the team behind it and for that I wish to say thank you. Many people have joined throughout the year and some very knowledgable people have crossed our paths and given guidance.

We don't always agree on everything, life would get boring if we did, but the general debate, information and vehicle 24/7 which has provided such a lifeline - as do all of these forums which have sprung up across the internet, competing, copying even plaigerising, but generally all there for the same reason - to help people are a wonderful asset to the public's general good.

So for that and all your contributions throughout the year I thank you all, every last one of you because I can see the benefits people have gained from the community of CAG.

Have a Happy New Year

You have all given me the strength to take control of my debts and make a start at reducing them. You have empowered me to fight the big banks against bank charges. You have all been here 24/7 and offered me help and advice. You have picked me up when I have got stuck or down and you have made me laugh.

CAG and the members that visit this wonderful site make such a huge difference to peoples lives and I thank you all for that.

I hope that everyone can get through Christmas and New Year with family and friends around, the most priceless of all presents.

I wish you all a big thank you and good luck for the new year.

Eat and be very merry.

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

agreed

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I had a very significant victory in court last week and I couldn't have done it without CAG and it's members. Alleged debt written off and defaults removed by court order.

This site gave me the knowledge and the courage to go into court with the bank and win.

From the Peasant family to all

A very happy Christmas and happy bank hunting in 2009

Thankyou you saved my daughters sanity, special thanks to Ell-en

xxxxxx

Regards

LilyLou

If I have been helpful please tip my scales

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

Without you guys I doubt if I would still be alive

You gave me the courage and the will to climb that long ladder

Ok - So Im only on the second rung

But I will soon get to the top

Love to you all xxx

2.gif

well i thought you were at least on the third but if you know better then iam sorry. Just remember it may only be the second run but it is more then u were b4 you joined.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I may be priveleged to be on the site team, but I'm also a cagger and would like to echo the sentiments on this thread. Dave and BankFodder started something special when they started CAG, but it's all caggers who continue to keep the CAG spirit going, and everyone is there for each other. So from me, the thanks go to Dave, BF and caggers, one and all.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I absolutely wouldn't be where I am today without the CAG.

That's the Simple fact of the matter.

When I found the CAG I was £15K in debt and didn't know any better

than to give in to whoever the debt collector of the day was.

These days, I phone the debt collectors and MAKE the threats.

Thanks to the knowledge I've gained from here I've learned that

£13,700 of my alleged total debts are completely unenforceable.

And just recently I've started doing the charges thing, with Vanquis

rolling over and offering a complete refund after just ONE letter.

So, thanks everyone, I'm a strong believer that we are a collective mind

acting as one.

Best wishes, and a very happy Christmas to all... :D

I felt I must add my two-penneth to this, I stumbled onto this site when I was in dire need...I really was at my wits end and was sure that I would end up, homeless, jobless and bankrupt!

Six months later, I am self assured and almost welcome contact from DCA's in order to flex my Cagger muscles!

The site and specifically, 42man, ODC, Babybear, Godmother and all the others who calmed me down and walked me though the procedures of having SD's set aside etc, have been my constants this last six months..so much so that I now feel confident in giving advice to others as well as dealing with my own finances.

Christmas has only been possible this year in the MONX household due to the help and support I've recieved here....so from me and mine, heres to a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).