Hmm not sure I want to go this alone

helpisneeded
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Not sure I want to go down the CCA route on my own

Is there and sites or services that other people can recomened have used which will take on the process on my behalf? After looking on this forum for a few hours there is so much information I would not know where to start.

Thanks in advance

Having the time to look after the process and dealing the the stress. I dont mind paying a fee if it all goes well.

Getting the CCA sounds like it is straight forward it is all the work afterwards that sounds like a real pain.

OK, simple here you go your first letter complete and send of by recorded delivery

Loan or CC Company

Address

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request.

I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Hi Help

You have all the help and advice you need here without paying anyone anything. Take it from me (and I really do know) the companies dont really know what the hell they are doing. One company published that out of 4000 cases they had been successful in 2.

Also banks are being more retiscent with regards to claims put in by CMC's as they dont want this industry to take off.

Start a thread labelled helpisneeded v (cc provider) in the relative forum and there will be people flocking to help you.

the letter above is fine - I would include in the letter though that the £1 postal order is not to be used for any other purpose other than as the fee for the information - some cheeky beggars actually just pay it off your balance.

Also remember do not sign the letter or any correspondence with them. There is rumour that some unscrupulous individuals (obviously without the knowledge of the company concerned) may be tempted to photoshop some docs using this signature

Welcome and first off "Don't Panic" :D

The advice you will find here is as good as it gets and as already stated it has the advantage of being free.

All of us have been through the CCA route and you would be surprised at how many companies cannot provide an agreement.

Some of us have been to court and won.

Some of us have been to court and are now in the appeals process.......I'm one.

Stay calm, collected, and above all focused on what you want and dont speak to the debt collectors directly, keep it all in writing.

And if you need something then just ask.