Jump to content


BarCard CCA request from Australia


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Tomorrow brings up day 14 after my CCA request to BarclayCard and another. These were sent and tracked by a co-combatant in the UK, however my BarclayCard address is in Australia.

 

Does the 12 +2 apply regardless of international circumstances?

 

Am I also correct after much reading here that I am being too kind, and could simply ignore the remainder of the (5k, now 2k) debt (am now on full interest and several years of occasional charges)??? Perhaps offer them a settlement?

 

Next payment is due 12 Jan, I will allow this time for the CCa to appear...any recommended next step?

Many many thanks,

J2020

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jaystar and welcome to the BC forum.

 

I've moved your thread from the Barclays to the Barclaycard forum.

 

I can only confirm my understanding of the UK situation - whether it applies strictly to Australia where I assume your card was issued, I cannot say.

 

If they fail to supply the credit agreement within 12 + 2 days, they are in default and cannot demand payment etc until they comply.

 

If there is no credit agreement, you can repay the debt at a rate which you can afford and they cannot enforce the debt in court.

 

However, it may take months to reach that stage and, if you fail to keep up payments, they may still refer the debt to DCA's or take court action against you, even though they should not.

 

They'll not accept any offer to settle at this stage.

 

Have you reclaimed all penalty charges on the a/c to reduce the debt.

We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

 

Thanks !:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Slick132

I have noted some of your previous posts with interest...(and charges lol).

 

The card(s) was from time in the UK, am now in Australia.

 

The S.A.R. is the next step...Should I wait, no CCA, refuse payment, trigger their demands, then send S.A.R., or get going now?

 

I have the same situation with MBNA - same actions?

 

Would love to know what the quickest route might be to come to a settlement with these 'people' - paying off the whole amount is not possible right now, however partial as F and F is...?

 

Many thanks

J2020

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi JS,

 

Do you know what you have been charged in penalties in the last 6 years, even roughly.

 

These can be easily reclaimed from BC to reduce the debt.

 

In my opinion, you're a long way off from getting BC to take any F&F. In fact this is only likely once they've sold the debt to a DCA (for a pittance).

 

I think you should focus on getting back any charges. If it transpires that BC don't have a valid Credit Agreement, they should stop adding charges and interest to the a/c and you can then repay the debt at a rate you can afford.

We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

 

Thanks !:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, are you using a UK address to d/w this matter at the mo.

We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

 

Thanks !:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Slick132,

Sorry, missed your last post. Update -

Have CCA'd, and next week will SAR both Barclaycard and MBNA, so that is at least a month away.

 

No CCA from Barc as yet, however MBNA have replied - in a fashion. Please check out the post at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/174370-mbna-cca-request-australia.html#post1902347,

if you have any advice, fantastic.

 

No, address is a PO Box in Australia, for all.

 

Am waiting for Barc to respond to the CCA request. I have little idea of charges, would say hundred plus? Same for MBNA. Awaiting SAR to clarify this.

 

Regards

 

J2020

PS I have some good memories of The Planet, playing cricket in the summer evenings. Lovely. The Rec, though, not sure about that wicket!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...