RED Debt Collection - threatening court action

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3934 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - fresh from winning an SD set aside with costs with CapQuest i have just received a letter from the above asking for an old debt which is borderline statute barred: the letter says they will take legal action leading to bankruptcy etc. if I dont respond. My initial thought is that they are trying it on and to just ignore them as they potentially know its statue barred. I dont want to CCA as it apparent to me that from other RED threads that any form of contact appears to generate an SD after the letter that I have received as a bully tactic. I definately aint spoken to anybody re: the debt since 2002/2003 so is it worth biding my time to make sure it hits the 6 year mark before I have to send the letter?

Does anybody think they will hit me with an SD if I ignore them?

Thanks

If anybody can help, the original debt is from from HSBC for 5k from a loan I think. Whats the best way to find out when I last made a payment as this will have been my last contact? equifax? experian?

Having done more reading I am expecting an SD on the doormat this week.

I would do nothing. If you respond you are confirming that you are at that address and as you suspect that will give them what they need to issue a SD.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

get the info from a CRA if youmust but i would just ignore them, they're on a fishing trip...........

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Quick question: if a debt is statute barred and i tell a dca that, does that re-set the clock for another dca to come and chase me?