cap quest follow up advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted on here back in Nov, re: a debt alledgedly purchased from Halifax by Cap quest. not sure how long it dates back but at least 5 years. Anyway requested CCA from CQ and i received a letter back dated the acct was on hold for 28 days while they retreived the relevant docs. Not heard anything back yet and the 28th day is Wed 24th dec.

Just need to know what i do next if these docs do not appear by wednesday? i am aware of the xmas hols and everything else so need to be prepared for them arriving or not !!

thanks in advance for any advice

Hi Klei

Not seen your original posts (& it may be better if you ask for this to ba attached to any thread you have ongoing on this matter anyway) so to fill in

1. When did you last make any payment on this alleged debt with the Halifax? If more than 6 years ago, it is statute barred.

2. Assuming it is not statute barred, did you send CQ a letter putting the account in dispute after the 12+2 days? If so, you need do nothing more until CQ produce a CCA or threaten court action. No CCA, no enforceable debt. :)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

hi foolish girl

1. When did you last make any payment on this alleged debt with the Halifax? If more than 6 years ago, it is statute barred.

no idea - can't recall having a halifax card

Assuming it is not statute barred, did you send CQ a letter putting the account in dispute after the 12+2 days? If so, you need do nothing more until CQ produce a CCA or threaten court action. No CCA, no enforceable debt.

yes - sent the ' i do not acknowledge debt letter and dispute it ....' used template off this site .

thanks for getting back to me

how do i link prev threads to this one???

As you've sent the bog off letter, you don;t need to do anything more. Suspect they'll just crawl back into the mucky pond they came from. Enjoy your Christmas!

To add these posts to your previous thread, just click the red triangle at the bottom left of your post & ask mod v. nicely to do it for you. :)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.