lancasterchelsea

Business account successes

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3599 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Just noticed that this thread has been moved and made into a sticky.

Although I don't wish to detract from lancasterchelseas' great win (congratulations again:D), I do think it may be a bit misleading for anyone coming to the business claims forum.... as they may think there has actually only been 1 business account claim win ?

Would it be possible for someone to create a sticky that can be used as a catalogue of business account wins?

If someone could make such a sticky, I would be happy to help compile a list of such wins by trawling through some of the business account threads and adding any wins I come across to the list.

PM

---------------------------

ARE YOU A BUSINESS CLAIMANT?

CAG NOW HAVE A BUSINESS CLAIMS FORUM !

GO HERE !

CAN'T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR?

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

Visit this thread to help others.

-----------------------------

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

If you will do that PM I (or someone else will stickie it)

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

If you will do that PM I (or someone else will stickie it)

Would be happy to start one.

You may have to wait a little bit though, (due to time of year), but once i've got it mostly done I'll let you know.

---------------------------

ARE YOU A BUSINESS CLAIMANT?

CAG NOW HAVE A BUSINESS CLAIMS FORUM !

GO HERE !

CAN'T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR?

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

Visit this thread to help others.

-----------------------------

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi everyone, i have 5 business claims to make, i have sent proof of my hardship by the CCCs, but they dont seem interested. Can anyone tell me if business claims are succeeding??:confused:

ATM, no, except for one or two which have very specific elements (eg limitatin issues).

The problem is that business accounts have never been subject to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 but have relied solely on penalty arguments. In the current test case, the judge has ruled that bank charges cannot be regarded as penalties and this has left business claims with no legal basis (although we are working on another tack which we believe does give a legal basis for business claims. It is not tested yet, though).

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

ATM, no, except for one or two which have very specific elements (eg limitatin issues).

The problem is that business accounts have never been subject to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 but have relied solely on penalty arguments. In the current test case, the judge has ruled that bank charges cannot be regarded as penalties and this has left business claims with no legal basis (although we are working on another tack which we believe does give a legal basis for business claims. It is not tested yet, though).

Steven

I note this post is about 1 year old - anything further to report re panalties argument in Business Accounts?

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor