• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

jalex

Hagen isn't being arrogant, or at least i don't take it that way he has strong views, which oppose mine in this issue, but he has a point.

As you do too.

Its good for other people to post opposing views, makes us all think about our claims and the issues we need to be addressing.

I haven't seen your posts much but this thread doesnt seem dull or uninteresting, but i respect Hagen's views, they are honest and to the point, something to be valued.

Pliny isn't bad either,

thats enough blowing smoke if you get my drift.

JMHO

Glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jalex

Hagen isn't being arrogant, or at least i don't take it that way he has strong views, which oppose mine in this issue, but he has a point.

As you do too. Its good for other people to post opposing views, makes us all think about our claims and the issues we need to be addressing.

Glenn

Glenn, well anyone who says "Thank goodness you came along when you did though - how stupid do we all feel now having done it so wrong all this time?" is being pretty arrogant and sarcastic IMO, but never mind. Maybe he's just got bad manners...

I love a good debate, and opposing views are very welcome as they further understanding and add perspective, but I don't like being put down, especially by someone who wants to criticise but seemingly isn't that interested in constructively discussing problems and solutions.

Anyway, peace. I didn't come here for an argument, but to work out how to claim back some £29k from my ex-bankers :rolleyes:

And not forgetting ofcourse that there have been +6 year claims thrown out where banks have sent a cheque for the 6 years and the judge has refused to look at the unlawfulness of the charges when determining the limitation issue. It all seems to hinge on whether you can successfully reject a part-payment tendered without admission of liability for a refund of the charges/court costs/8%.

Jalex, I think its good that you are investigating new options but basing your claim on the Bank's Return on Capital is an absolute minefield. In any given year not all the Bank's profits are added to capital (capital requirements are about 12% of lending). In any year the Bank could use profits to; pay dividends, add to its capital base, launch a share buy back, complete an acquisition etc etc. Personally, I'm claiming CI on the basis for the same rate they have charged me on the basis that 1) I have been unable to repay debt elsewhere whilst they have my cash and 2) they are unjustly enrisched.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Glenn, well anyone who says "Thank goodness you came along when you did though - how stupid do we all feel now having done it so wrong all this time?" is being pretty arrogant and sarcastic IMO, but never mind. Maybe he's just got bad manners...

Hagen can speak for himself im sure and i dont presume to do so, maybe it takes two to tango, but as you say youre here to get you charges back and nowt wrong with that.

I love a good debate, and opposing views are very welcome as they further understanding and add perspective, but I don't like being put down, especially by someone who wants to criticise but seemingly isn't that interested in constructively discussing problems and solutions.

Anyway, peace. I didn't come here for an argument, but to work out how to claim back some £29k from my ex-bankers :rolleyes:

Bong has raised some interesting points too, one thing is certain the route you and others are choosing is not simple nor for the faint hearted.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Your arrogance is kinda breathtaking, along with your immediate nay-saying. I'm sorry I began discussing the idea here, as you obviously know best. The barrister I'm working with to develop this strategy begs to disagree with you too, but I doubt his professional opinion matters much to you.

It's not much of a discussion or debate when all you do is relentlessly proffer your own opinion and disregard that of anyone who questions you is it? As for arrogance and sarcasm, maybe you should consider what you have written above before casting such aspersions. You have made it personal, which usually indicates the last preserve of the desperate man. If you think I am wrong, then debate it but drop the insults, I have thick skin and broad shoulders.

The strategy you have suggested is deeply flawed in a number of key areas yet you refuse to accept that. There is a certain zeal to this thread and the enthusiasm is laudable but sorely misplaced.

You may make a claim for anything you wish, but it must have some legal basis to it, it must be recognisable in law and the remedy you seek must also be recognisable.

Perhaps you are being secretive and not revealing your full strategy here, but what you have revealed thus far is bound to fail.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

It's not much of a discussion or debate when all you do is relentlessly proffer your own opinion and disregard that of anyone who questions you is it? As for arrogance and sarcasm, maybe you should consider what you have written above before casting such aspersions. You have made it personal, which usually indicates the last preserve of the desperate man. I'm sorry hagen site helper or no but I think your sarcastic post to jalex got the response it deserved If you think I am wrong, then debate it but drop the insults, I have thick skin and broad shoulders.

The strategy you have suggested is deeply flawed in a number of key areas yet you refuse to accept that.Then give us the argument There is a certain zeal to this thread and the enthusiasm is laudable but sorely misplaced. Why?

You may make a claim for anything you wish, but it must have some legal basis to it, it must be recognisable in law and the remedy you seek must also be recognisable. But it is surely just not against the banks yet

Perhaps you are being secretive and not revealing your full strategy here, but what you have revealed thus far is bound to fail.

I don't agree I believe the argument has some merit

I'm sorry hagen site helper or no but I think your sarcastic post to jalex got the response it deserved

No need to be sorry, as I have said I really don't mind. But it does indicate weakness and lack of sound legal arguments that he found it necessary to attack me personally and more than once.

then give us the argument

I already have. Read my posts again.

Why

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming-75.html post #1488

But it is surely just not against the banks yet

I don't understand the point you are making here, please expand on this.

I don't agree I believe the argument has some merit

And I don't agree that it has any merit whatsoever, yet for some reason I am to be castigated for my view, yet you permit yourself to air yours - consider why that is.

If words on a screen are considered arrogant and sarcastic and can elicit this sort of wounded response, then I would have to wonder how you will fare in front of a legal team from a bank or a Judge. You will learn about a whole new kind of arrogance and sarcasm which gets charged at several hundred pounds per hour.

If you have some ideas about how to make a claim for an account of profits I'd be keen to hear them, let's try to keep this on track as we have a common enemy here.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Right...... I Would Appreciate Others Arguments I Can Use To Put Along With My Documents In The Hope Of Having A Reasonable Chance Of Being Considered For Ci....... Has Any One Else Been Through This And Was Granted Permission To Continue...... If So Please Please Contact Me.

can you be a little clearer - did you submit a claim and then apply to amend it to add in contractual interest?

if so, what reasons did you put in your application?

My Initial Claim Was A Little Basic And I Asked For It To Be Amended By The Courts. The Interest Had Been Miscalculated And I Asked For The Judge To Consider Ci. I Am In Receipt Of Council Benefits And The Bank Has On Occasion Left Us With Nil Monies Afteer Taking Out Charges Etc.....did I Do The Right Thing......so Now I Suppose I Will Have To Justify My Application For Ci.... Have You Any Suggestions On Docs To Provide, Etc....

how did you ask the judge to consider CI? presumably you set out your reasons on the application?

sorry I don't follow what you mean about a bundle based on the charges alone.

I Did..... It Was All Set Out On The N1....my Original N1 Was Amended Due To Lack Of Information. So The Amended N1 Has Loads Attatched To It Including Ci .... So When I Attend Court Next Month I Will Be Asked (i Assume0 To Provide My Reasons For This? Am I Wrong..... Im Confused Now...

bong, if you are around would appreciate your advice. Claiming charges and CCI from cap one, issued court claim, received letter offering to pay me charges, 8%, total purchase interest paid on account in last 6 years and court fee, leaves my claim short of just under £1,000. Now they have repaid my credit card without me accepting this either verbally or written and sent me a balance by way of a cheque. Now I have wrote back saying they have not paid the full claim and the claim will continue have rejected funds that have been paid on my card and am planning to send the cheque back. I want to keep my claim intact but am struggling I think because of the credit card being paid up.

Personally, I don't consider 8% enough compensation considering what the bank would have made on my money so i am claiming 16.9. However the trouble is we have no figure for how much money the bank has made out of the use of our money do we but I bet it's more than 8%. If I don't put 8% as an alternative on my N1 do i run the risk of getting no interest at all?

Aoife

bong, if you are around would appreciate your advice. Claiming charges and CCI from cap one, issued court claim, received letter offering to pay me charges, 8%, total purchase interest paid on account in last 6 years and court fee, leaves my claim short of just under £1,000. Now they have repaid my credit card without me accepting this either verbally or written and sent me a balance by way of a cheque. Now I have wrote back saying they have not paid the full claim and the claim will continue have rejected funds that have been paid on my card and am planning to send the cheque back. I want to keep my claim intact but am struggling I think because of the credit card being paid up.

hi doo, have they paid the 8% that has accrued since you issued the claim? If not, and this goes to court, you have a valid reason not to have settled and withdrawn your claim. I think I have seen cases of Cap One paying CI so it seems likely you will get it. You might want to check the cases already won.

I'd be interested to see the figures credited to the account and paid by cheque compared to the breakdown of your claim, just to see if there are still charges/dr interest/court costs still outstanding if you are forced to accept the account credit part.

The only other thing I can think of is that you could inform the court that as their payment into your account was made without admission of liability, did not fully satisfy the claim and was made without your prior agreement, you saw fit to accept it on your terms i.e. you applied it against the oldest charges and the CI on them.