Black Horse Finance ??????

daryl koch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ???

I'm sure Black Horse are something to do with Lloyds and i've got history with these guys for £75 charges for returned D.D's.

I've looked through and can't see a great deal on Black Horse and i'm sure they've have a quite few customers that they have charged excessive amounts on their finance agreements.

Does anyone know of anyone else dealing with Black Horse???

Does is not count because they may not be seen as an actual bank as such???

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED :? :? :? :?

I'm not sure about this, but I am sure that somewhere on MoneySavingExpert.com ad-free, free to use, Consumer Revenge! there is information about how to find about old accounts.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes Black Horse are indeed Lloyds tsb and yes the same principal for reclaiming penalty charges

Just follow the same steps just amend the letters as there are not a bank but a finance company

Letter 1 Requesting details of charges

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

Letter 2 Preliminary approach for repayment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-letter-preliminary-approach-repayment.html

Letter 3 Letter Before Action

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-letter-before-action-consumer.html

Then its Court time Moneyclaim online or N1 through local court

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

• 2 months later...

any update?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

un1boy,

Sorry for no updates for so long.

I sacked off the idea of finding out anymore re: the relationship between Black Horse and Lloyds TSB and just started the process.

I asked for it all back, NO REPLY!

Rang and asked if they had received it? Some bloke in accounts said they had nothing on their system to say they had, but I thought sod it and sent the LBA but this time by Recorded delivery. 14 days and NO REPLY so I checked to see if they had signed for it on the Post Office website (which is brilliant by the way, shows you the signature and everything).

Rang them again and still said there is nothing in the system (computer says no), then spoke to accounts dept. and I told him about the name on the signature, he looked on the system and found that person so I said you have received it then? So then he went on to say about their "dip" system where letters get scanned and filed for a later date (that's what it seemed he was on about anyway???).

He then offered to put me through to the local branch where I got the loan (at a healthy 28.9%) but I declined knowing what that conversation would entail. So I put in a claim online and I am waiting for a responce with 7 days to go!!! I bet they won't put that through their "dip" system??????

So that's the story so far, how are you or anyone else getting on (or got on) with Black Horse?

D

Hi everyone,

Hope you dont mind me joining in this thread, i have just done my MCOL to Nationwide, and after reading all the views on this site, which is brill by the way, i am about to start claiming against Barclays and Black Horse. I am about to send my S.A.R off today and would love to know how things end up with anyone claiming against Black Horse. Just one thing does anyone know which address to use, i have the Holbrook House, 116 Cockfosters Road, Barnet. Is that the right one?????

Good Luck all and heres to a better christmas this year when we have our money back. ha ha

Also i have been told about being able to claim back the personal protection insurance can anyone shed some more light on the matter.

Thanks guys,

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

Hi everyone... hope you dont mind me butting in I need some HELP with Black Horse Secured Loan. We had had a re -moergage on our property and everything was more or less set up just needed signing...Black Hose were detering from forwarding the Deed of Posponent to release the funds this they did as there were arrears on the account. But we were prepared to meet their demand of bringin all the arrear up to date from the re-mortgage AND further more to give them all the balance of the monies left over as payments in advance ALSO the re-mortgage Company were ready prepared to look further in giving us a further advance at the end of this year to clear them off for good. I wrote a harsh letter to Black Horse with my concerns and blamed them 99% for the re-possession of our Home. Friday last week a Tony Blackburn telephoned us after receiving our letter stating that they were not to blame and that our Solicitor had informed him that the morgtage was not to continue because the Council were demanding the 1st charge, this is not true and our Solicitors know this. I was asked for the person that we had delt with in getting the mortgage to telephone him today which he did, again a phone call to state that they were not in fawult and that it was our Solicitors fault that the Home was re-possesed as he did not relate to them the information that they required at the time and again stated that the mortgage has not been successful. I requested Tony Blackburn to put these issues in writing to me so that I have somethinfg in bl;ack and wgite to take to our Solicitors to sort this out. Blaci Horse REFUSES to put our conversation in writing to us. Can they do this? and I still say that they are responsible for the re-possession ... I was told that it was in their polcy to withhold the deed of postponent if thew account was in arrears...but all these were to be bought up to dat AND payments in advance of about 6 months hopfully by the end of this time the whole amount cleared. What are we to do? what is our Rights

tarotcards,

That sounds like a hell of a problem! To be honest I would only be guessing what your rights are. I would suggest you contact on of the moderators or even citzens advice. I can't stand Black Horse and I wouldn't go near them again, they caused me loads of problems, getting the charges back of them will feel so good. Sorry I couldn't help.

Mark Prince,

The address I send my letters and was told by Black Horse to send my letters was:

Black Horse Finance Ltd.

St. Williams House

Tresillian Terrace

Cardiff

CF10 5BD

I would advise you send them recorded delivery as they put them through their strange "dip" system and because they don't respond this is good proof that they have actually received them. If they choose to ignore them and file them in their "dip" system then thats up to them.

Good Luck you guys

D.

Thanks Daryl kock,

I have sent them now but thanks for the address, that is the forth different one i have been given now, so i just sent them to the one a had and i guess it will get to the right department, meaning "the dip". I guess they all end up there but i have sent it recorded delivery to cover myself. Do you have a thread so i can follow your progress against them? Thanks again, Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

• 2 years later...

Like many others on here i am finding Black Horse very annoying. I requested they remove the PPI off a loan i took out with them in 2007. The PPI amounts to £2500 on a £4000 loan. They have point blank refused so i stopped the direct debit until they remove the PPI, however they have gone to the local magistrates court and have applied for a warrant of distress to remove goods from the property. I have contacted the court bailiff who was really helpful but his hands are tied. I don't want to pay them the £185 they want each month knowing how much i am being ripped off but don't know what to do. They won't accept reduced payments it's £185 or court proceedings so not sure what to do...

Any ideas would be appreciated....:-)

I looked into stopping my ppi and was told that they buy the insurance off a broker and add it to you loan so you only have the 30 days or what ever it is to stop it.That is why they dont want to take it off the loans because they have bought it and want there monies and interest back crafty i know but i wont be caught againlike it tbh.As far as you case goes not sure how to proced maybe someone else can hlepyou with it.

• 5 months later...

STUSCFC - you can get your PPI cancelled but the amount you get refunded will depend on how long your account has been running - ring 0292029600 ask for PPP CANCELLATIONS TEAM.. as it is now centralised. Under FSA guidelines and their Treating Customers Fairly initiatives you have the right to cancel at any time.

Hope this helps..

• 4 months later...

I did get my PPI back from Black Horse,through a company that are really good,I cancelled it myself but still had charges,so went to this company,I think if,you took the loan and thought the PPi was a condition f this,or were,nt aware of it,it was useless to you for other reasons,then which are specified somewhere,then you can claim it back as being mis sold.

if you want to e-mail me privately,i can give you details of the company,they also got 1200 back for me from Capital One for Charges,admittedly,they got £300 of it but it is money that i would not have had otherwise,this is genuine,not trying to advertise,which is why I have not given the companies name on here.

now to my second part,I took a loan out,to help me out financialy after loseing my husband,untill I got my pension in a few months time,as the government dose not give much support for widdows,(i had £80 per week to live on and had to pay £30 back in rent and council tax,)anyhow,I thought ok I can repay £100 per month but had,nt bargained for the PPI which added another £19 per month and got into difficulty,in the end I went to a company that pay my debts and I pay them a fixed amount,Black Horse agreed to take £33 a month of me,so in November 2009(i had been paying it up till then with a struggle) my loan amount was

£2436.36 then I recieved a statement dated 17th May 2010 and my balance was £2435.56 so although i had been paying as agreed,less than a pound had come off my balance,in fact I am paying interest upon interest with no end in sight,is anyone else in this position and can offer me advice please.

Wiggle

• 3 months later...

hiya guys ,hope you dont mind me joining this thread...we got finance threw black horse..A week after we informed the garage that car needed fixing ...to cut long story short .we rang black horse to say we had problem with car ...we were then advised that we should stop payments to prompt action from finance ...how dumb were we to believe them ..they have came and taken our new car and put it in the local manheim car auction at the end of this month...we have tax ,insurance and the v5 docs for vehicle .

we were told if we made small payments we could have car back ...we rung today to arrange this and were told it is too late the car is going to auction ...PLEASE PLEASE HELP...

my partner recently had a stroke and I am worried it could happen agin due to the stress...thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi guys.... :madgrin:.... I have issues with blackhorse. basically 2 car payments. I got the the 36 month but I have paid every month without fail but when lloyds bought out BOS, for some reason pocket to bank no problems but from teller to accounts no records. Went to the FOS and waited a year and a half, had a big debate with the adjucator and eventually received a £75 payout and BOS told to sort themselves out basically.

Lloyds took over the account then started the whole harassment thing again... back at the FOS but I really feel like I want to take straight court action.... Does anyone know if this is possible??

My dispute is that 1. I feel I should not be added to a defaulters list.. 2. I should not be considered as being in arrears as i have paid on time and it's actually within the bank house where they have a problem. (not from my pocket) 3. My credit rating ( I want them to correct and restore my credit rating before I finish paying) 4. I told them their company is in breach of section 40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970 and are also in breach of the Harassment Act 1997... Does anyone know about these acts?? 5. I've witheld the final payments on the 2 accounts hoping they would correct the late payment charges and other charges that have been added that cant be correct if they are at fault...

Can I basically pass go and collect meaning can I go straight to the courts?? Is there even a way of taking them to court?? A lot to write but just trying to give a brief account.. Any advice/comments :!:...!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi further to my ongoing saga with BH...I disputed the amount at court and requested to have the CCJ removed from my name. Unfortunately on the day of the court hearing I was in hospital as a result of a heart attack. My wife contacted the court by phone but the judge who was presiding wanted a sick note for me not attending. Obviously i was still in hospital and couldn't get a sicknote to him that day. He threw my case out and said i would have to pay again and reapply for the judgement to be removed. In hte meantime Blackhorse have contacted me and agreed to remove the PPI in good faith without any admission of mis-selling and if I agree to this they with give me a £75 payment.....what a joke....I now have to pay the court again to take it back and fight for a refund...

• 1 year later...