bitesizedeals.co.uk - Refusing to cancel order!!!

SMJones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't panic! The main thing is that you've canned the card. Write to the BSD support line outlining the time and nature of the call and asking them to confirm their policy regarding such calls. Ask them to confirm the despatch date of the order. Make sure if you can that your emails are tagged to request 'read' and 'delivered' receipts.

You should also make sure to advise your bank that the call (supposedly) from BSD was the specific reason for binning your card, so that they are fully aware of the situation. Given current general advice about not disclosing details of cards to unsolicited and unknown callers, the banks must surely acknowledge that there is something highly irregular about BSD's practice of calling customers and asking them for this detail.

The other thing is not to worry unduly about this. It's difficult as they've got your money and have duped you into giving them your details but it's water under the bridge now; and you're not the first or last person who will be caught out like this, as these postings show. None of us are idiots or careless; we've just let our guards down. The main thing is to stay cool :cool: and make sure you have all the facts to hand about what has happened. Keep contacting BSD and keep copies of any responses; keep checking the website regarding the status they post there. Print hard copies of the relevant website pages.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Keyboardface for helping me I feel so daft.

But anyway I`ll do as you say regarding emailing,checking the web site satus and keeping hard copies of all corispondence with them and keep my fingers crossed but I wont be holding my breath though.

"You should also make sure to advise your bank that the call (supposedly) from BSD was the specific reason for binning your card, so that they are fully aware of the situation." OK

I`ll post back to this thread if I hear any thing from them.

Thanks again

Kim

Edited by kimbo123
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Hello kimbo123 ! I'm waiting for the same type of camera and....nothing !

Ok. I’ll make’ it short for you, the next buyer from www.bytesizedeals.co.uk – they are not from UK, they are from USA so pretty hard to “touch” by the UK laws. They are taking the money from your card instantly and deliver the goods at Saint Keeponwaiting day, meaning month (two and up)!

Tricks – usually they appear the first on a Google search for a lot of stuff especially digital cameras and software, best prices, .uk domain and first on Google – this is the trap!

Just take a look at their site: no phone number, just an address (States) and an E-mail with an automatic response system. That’s it ! I was stupid enough to order from them a digital camera (still waiting like a moron in the rain) , don’t do the same mistake! Now I have to try a chargeback and to write a complain at the BBB

Here is the page with other complains

Bite Size Deals LLC - General Merchandise Retail By Internet - Pasadena, CA | BBB Business Report

For the chargeback , ask for advice from your bank, even if U used a debit card. Don’t wait! It’s in your disadvantage ! Even with a debit card you are protected ! Of course it is not a “snap your fingers” move but it is your right as a consumer so…fight for it Read here:

Visa Debit Chargeback - The Facts | Consumer Information

I bought a lot of goods from the internet from all over the world. No problems ! Just some minor delays… So, buy from UK sites, even if it is a little bit more expensive, there is a reason for that.

Good luck ! (I’ll be back when I have news)

Hi mrfjolly, I recieved a email from them yesterday despite emailing them every other day asking to cancel. First contact since this mess started.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Our sincerest apologies for the delay in your order. Unfortunately, we had a few products out of stock. However we do have an order coming in with the product. It will be arriving within a week. Once the product has arrived we will expedite your order.

Regards,

James

Don't believe them kimbo123 !! It's their standard answer! I am not crazy and of course I can understand a “stock problem”. But if U don’t have the product, don’t take my money! They took the money in the next minute from my account! Even now (2 min ago) the stock on their webpage is fine, 12 pieces !

Maybe in this very moment another UK citizen is getting conned. Just type Panasonic FZ28 – first site un Google…is this one... THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS !! Next week I will call the bank for a chargeback, at least if I do that they know I’m here and I’m aware of their illegal system.of course I will write a complain on BBB site as well.

(By the way, good choice Kimbo123, Lumix FZ28 is a good camera)

I don`t believe them!

The bank told me I have to wait a month before they`ll investigate (halifax) So i`ll do the chargeback thing then. I`m going to write a complaint on BBB site as well.

They must be doing this to a lot of people

Don`t know if you`ve seen these sites about THEM :mad:

bitesizedeals.co.uk claims

Bite Size Deals, www.bitesizedeals.co.uk Review in Online Camera Shops at Review Centre

"(By the way, good choice Kimbo123, Lumix FZ28 is a good camera)"

Been itching to get me hands on it :D and all this happens lol

Yes, the web is full with complains about this bastards. Yes, you can trigger the chargeback procedure after 30 days (the same at Barclays). in the meantime keep copies of all your messages sent to them and their responses - EVEN THE AUTOMATIC ONE !!! It is very important to prove to the bank that this site is nothing but [problem]. Good luck my friend ! Also some other users said that when the bank start squeezing them, they made an immediate refund but for that I still have to wait and dreaming about that camera. Also maybe tomorrow, if I have time I will post a short movie on YouTube so the users can know even in this way about them. I want me to be the last stupid person who used their plain-rubbery-site (no offence my friends, I am talking about me) .

• 2 weeks later...

They may send there lawyer after you :D

BiteSizeDeals : Why has this thread been suspended? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

I recieved a tracking number from DHL today

EVENT CATEGORY

21 Jun 09 2:38 AM - Clearance processing complete - East Midlands,United Kingdom

So I should get some thing tomorow, I`ll let you know what happens.

*fingers crossed*

Well I got the camera on 23/06 just over 3 weeks it took. No customs charges and the camera is the one I ordered, not white box.Filled in the online waranty no problem. So all`s good but I wont be using them again.

Good luck everyone

kim

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost speechless with regard to this company and am having the same bad experience as many of you. I ordered a Lumix FS15 blue digital camera from them about a month ago and noted delivey weas quoted as usually between 2 and 4 days. Have sent numerous e-mails to them and appart from the usual automated responses have only had one from them indicating they expected to have the camera in stock last week and they would e-mail me. have heard nothing since. Would now like to cancel my order as I am totally disgusted with their attrocious attitude toward me as a customer. Have asked for immediate dispatch or immediate refund but have had no response. My bank not interested to persue them until 30 days have expired so it doesn't look as if I'll have the camera for my hols as intended. Would be interested to know of any USA consumer agencies which may be interested in companies appalling service.

Edited by maningham
remove capitals.

"Would be interested to know of any USA consumer agencies which may be interested in companies appalling service."

You can file a complaint against them here The better business bureau BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings - U.S. BBB

This has had results for others

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks kimbo. 2 weeks ago they said I would have my camera by end of this week and would e-mailme with dispatch info. No e-mail so have told them that as they obviously cannot fulfil contract, I wish to cancel and have immediate refund. Some hope bysounds of it. Will write to both scouces you mention. Shall I track them down on the w.w.w.? Thanks Ian.

Had a similar problem with this company, they sent the wrong software item which was not in the manufacturers packaging (no invoice sheet either) and want to return the product which was sent. Does anyone know the address because the one on their website doesn't match the one on the package and they are not responding to my emails?

• 2 weeks later...

HAving exactly the same issue as most of you - Ordered 32gb ipod touch for 253, the after 2 days no change in progress, despite 12 in stock, and usual dispatch time quoted as 24-48 hours. Emailed them asking for an update, and had the email stating "Thank you for your email. Our sincerest apologies for the delay in your order. Unfortunately, we had a few products out of stock. However we do have an order coming in with the product. It will be arriving within a week. Once the product has arrived we will expedite your order."

Responded " Thanks for your email, however I am somewhat confused by this, given your website clearly states you have 12 in stock, and have had since I placed my order 9 days ago. Also, you have taken the money off of my card, despite not having the goods!

Can you also please give me further claification on the delivery you are awaiting - arriving within a week of when exactly? I note from your website that this item is "normally dispatched within 24-48 hours" is this a reasonable expectation when you recieve the goods or is this relating to business day ie if delivery is recieved thursday 6th, it may not be dispatched until the following Tuesday 11th, and thus not recieved by me until perhaps 5 business days after that - 18th August - some 27 days after purchase."

Still no response from them, despite sending emails for the last 5 working days. Have today found this site, and teh ongoing problems, and have given them a deadline of 17:00 to contact me, and will then be cancelling order (If I can!) and starting proceedings with my bank (barclays) to recooperate the funds they have taken. Have tried to cancel the order online, but get a message telling me it can't be done during the "holiday period" - what holiday period!!!!!

Any advice on best ways of dealing with them??

:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi new here... Should have registered and searched these people's names....

There may be action against them, but they are still doing it!!!!

I placed an order on 12th August...For a camera because they were first on a comparison site. I'll never use one again I swear! I realised what was going on when they sent me an email saying my payment was fraudulent and then did the search and found this thread and so many more.

I called my bank straight away and I have cancelled my card and they are sending out a claim form so they can pursue them. It may say they have ceased trading but they haven't. I was scammed and I feel like a complete idiot because of it. I would have had a phone call too had I not put zeroes into the telephone number field on my order/reqistration.

These people are still trading! Beware!!!

I too have had issues with this company.

I placed my order for £554 and then stupidly did the research, rather than the other way round!

Anyway short story is I am still waiting for my refund.

I created a blog, www.bitesizedeals.co.uk Suck! to highlight my concerns and to make others aware and today I received a threatening letter from their legal team telling me to pull the blog down or they will take legal action against me!

Am off to see the Citezens Advice buearu today to seek advice.

I'm in the same situation as everyone else it seems.

There is a similar thread at money saving experts

bite size deals - Page 2 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

which will hopefully bring some light to the matter.

As for myself, I've requested a cancellation and refund (for a £129 Lumix camera), but I'm not expecting that to happen. It seems your product eventually arrives a month or so after you place it regardless.

Just an update on my sorry situation...Have now cancelled my order, and the status has been updated to cancelled on 6th August. Here we are on 24th August, and still no refund.

I instructed my bank to start fraud proccedings against them almost 2 weeksa ago, so am hoping for some good news anytime soon, but to be honest, am not really expecting it!

STAY AWAY FORM WWW.BITESIZEDEALS.CO.UK - Bunch of Theiving b@stards!

• 2 months later...

I also am having problems with Bitesizedeals and have discovered that there is a ongoing civil case against the company in the US (Civil Action No. 09-CV-5276). The people who need to know about your experiences are as follows :

Staff Attorney

Division of Advertising Practices

Federal Trade Commission

600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, NJ-3212

Washington, DC 20580

1-202-326-3244 (phone)

1-202-326-3259 (fax)

www.ftc.gov