PCN on DIY painted yellow lines?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if any one had the answer to this one?

Yesterday i recieved a ticket for being parked on double yellow lines, except they had been sprayed on with a hand held spray can they are very sketchy and wobbly to say the least. (if any1 can tell me how to put pics on that would be great)

I wouldnt have normally parked there but the day before i asked the traffic warden if a restriction applied when lines had been painted very obviously by hand with a spray can.

He told me that lines had to apply to specific regulations with regards to width and colour and that the type of paint used was a particular type too, he called it "plastic paint".

I dont know how true this is as i cant seem to find anything on the tinter net about yellow lines only white lines, i would imagine things are pretty similar but you never can be too sure.

I have taken pics and a video but light isnt great as it was 1 AM when i returned to my car but you can see the distinct differences between actuall yellow lines and the FAKES.

Will the ticket be able to be held up if i appeal and if i do so should i send pics as evidence.

I really wanted to get the standards or regulations related to double yellow lines too so i could put them all in a letter and tell them to retrain their traffic warden etc.

Many thanks in advance

Danny

Pictures would be good.

Scan it into your computer and open it in Paint or similar program. Edit out the personal information and save it

Open an a/c on Photobucket, (here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket ),or Tinypic here: (TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting ) download the file of your scan from your computer onto Photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG Code link from Photobucket in your thread here.

See how to in section 1.16 (Attach Documents) here:

How Do I....? A Dummies Guide to the Forum

Courtesy of Michale brown

• Haha 1

Check here The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002

that should give you the details regarding the road markings.

Also I would check the TRO at the local council - it may be that these are temp lines which were put in place during a specific period (during roadworks etc) and which may have expired, they may also be just a disgruntled resident/business man who thinks people are parking where they shouldnt and got a can of paint during the night.

• Haha 1

Hi, thanks for the advice but i dont know what tinypic is sorry to be such a dunce.

Funnily enough i just walked to Boots in the station to get the photos printed from mobile and on the way i saw a traffic warden.

I crossed the road and simply asked her opinion, i showed her the pics and she said the only terminology i should be using in my letter is "incorrect street furniture" regarding the painted on lines.

Does any one know if she has given me good advice?

She also said i should request the photo of my car which should have been taken at the time of the ticket issue.

i looked on the link it was 1 of the things i had been reading through earlier it seems to have a section on lines but they are white lines ie, give way, no over taking, zig zags etc...

Many thanks for the help.

Ever grateful,

Dan

Thanks i was looking for written confirmation.

It did cross my mind to look at the images but i started writing my representations against the pcn and didnt get round to it.

Many thanks, defo some rep points for everyone whos hepled.

Two threads merged.

Please keep to one thread per claim, or else other users will not know where to post help.

Also, there is no point in different users posting the same information on different threads.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Cheers,

i do not know how to merge threads or that it even existed until now, plus the other thread went dead and i thought i was more likely to get a response from a new thread with the pics that i couldnt manage to attach before.

Sorry for any inconvience or confusion.

Dan

I actually asked the traffic warden if parking there was legal and he said he would not give me a ticket.

I must have mugged printed in a clearly visible place somewhere about my person.

I've written my letter and included some pics and will be registered posting it in the morning.

We shall see how it turns out in due course.

Thanks everyone.

ha ha ha ha, how can they class them as propper lines?, its obvious they they are the product of either:-

A) a marked out section for a repair that has not yet been completed.

B) someone with a can of spray paint and too much time on their hands.

C) a traffic warden whos looking to meet his monthly target.

id deffo dispute this one.

• 1 month later...

Hello again it has been some time but i have had my response from the local council, this is it:

RE: Penalty Charge Notice:

With regard to your previous correspondence in relation to the above Penalty Charge Notice, your comments are noted. Earlier observations that your Penalty Charge Notice was issued correctly, remains valid and stands.

There are only a limited number of grounds on which a Penalty Charge Notice may be cancelled and unfortunately your explanation does not satisfy them.

On this basis the ticket must stand and the penalty charge paid. If paid within ten days of the date of this letter then the charge will be at the discount rate of £50.00. Beyond this point the full penalty of £100.00 will become due.

However, if you do not wish to accept this option a Notice to Owner will be issued to the Registered Keeper at the full penalty of £100.00. Under current legislation you will be entitled to further representation to the Council’s Appeal Services. Should your representation not be accepted you will then have the option to make a further appeal to the Parking and Traffic Appeals Services. This is an independent adjudicator whose decision is final.

Yours sincerely

Parking Management

Should i pay or take it further after all they have been painted on by hand and i was genuinely told by the traffic warden that it would be ok to park their? Also their is no parking restriction sign on the lamp post, does that make a difference?

I am worried as i can not really afford £50 let alone £100?

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!

Edited by dandoogle
additional info

Hi. I personally think you should take this further. From the pics you have posted the yellow lines look very dodgy to me although i cannot be precise as to the legality of them although the council seem to think its ok as per your letter. From my experience Councils are mostly reluctant to go to court due to the expense, possible adverse publicity etc- unless they know they will have a very good chance of winning. IMO this looks very shakey but perhaps the other posters could advise better. Best of luck.

Thanks,

I was actually told by the parking attendant that i could park their.

I dont know if anyone is sure but should there be a sign to state what the parking restriction actually is?

These lines have definitely been painted on by hand but the council say that their is a clear restriction in place and that the pcn stands.

Thanks.

No problem although it looks like youve been mugged if you were told it was ok to park there. Unfortunately this is not uncommon as i had problems recently with a broken down vehicle and got very short changed by a very arrogant and rude CEO. I appealed with all the neccesary evidence and it was recinded however. I would suggest you contact the council/ go onto the council website and see what Traffic Regulation Order relates to that street and take it from there. This will hopefully give you the information to see if what has happened is technically legal or not. As noted earlier most councils dont like going to court over £60/£70 etc and rely on the standard 'sorry but you must pay' letter.

Keep us informed of what is going on.

id deffo take this furthur, as by the councils definition, it would be perfectly fine for me to nip outside with a can og yellow spray paint and put some double yellow lines outside my house, and then make a few bob on the side from clamping and charging people fines who park outside.

yet again, we have another instance of councils trying to generate revenue by any means, this time by charging someone for painting grafitti on the road....hmm

it would be perfectly fine for me to nip outside with a can og yellow spray paint and put some double yellow lines outside my house, and then make a few bob on the side from clamping and charging people fines who park outside.

This the point i made to them in my letter, i was told by the traffic warden that the lines were classified as incorrect street furniture as the paint was the correct paint he said it should be plastic paint and he wouldnt give me a ticket.

I feel like it is so stressful dealing with this when there are so many other things i would rather be concentrating on.

if anyone has a definitive answer as to wheter or not any type of paint can be used or it must be specific type or if a sign must be placed at the site of the restriction. i would be so grateful. i will add some more pics i also have a video of the area and lamp post etc... to try and strengthen my case, i really cant afford to lose.. especially as the fine will now go up to £100 if i try to go to an independant adudicator and dont pay immediately.

i think its unfair that the charge goes up if you challenge them surely they only do this to deter people from challenging their authority?