lost my court case but unable to pay. HELP ME PLEASE

yellowt5r

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not sure if this is in the right section but follows on from my "private buyer is taking me to court"

Hi all

i lost a case the other day from a buyer who bought my motorbike (private sale) i ended up owing £450,the problem is i havent got this sort of money and xmas round the corner dont help either.

as it was a civil matter (county court) what will happen to me i know the claimant will insist payment within 14 days as he made it loud and clear in the court.

even though my job pays ok it is nearly all gone each month on my house, 3 children, bills etc....

what can/will happen to me?

if i do the installments form and they are excepted by the judge can the claiment still demand payment in the 14 days?

thank you for any help

try to pay 450 pound asap

you have 28 days from judgement.

if not, you will have a ccj on your credit file for six years,

if paid with in 28 days, no ccj

i know its no help if short but you dont want a ccj, believe me, and for such a minor sum in comparrison

try family if you can

try to pay 450 pound asap

you have 28 days from judgement.

if not, you will have a ccj on your credit file for six years,

if paid with in 28 days, no ccj

i know its no help if short but you dont want a ccj, believe me, and for such a minor sum in comparrison

try family if you can

hi its 14 days far as im aware.

as for payment i just cant get it thats why im asking the must be something.

thanks for the help but i was hoping someone that can tell me the process as i cant pay in 14 days.im fully aware you can do installments my question is. Is it down to the judge to decide or the claiment if the offer is accepted or not and if not what is the next level it will go to.

You should write a full income and expenditure list and give that to the judge who will come to a payment you can afford.

I don't remember you asking for assistance in a defence, did you attend the court in person ?

You should write a full income and expenditure list and give that to the judge who will come to a payment you can afford.

I don't remember you asking for assistance in a defence, did you attend the court in person ?

hi conniff. it was a while ago when i started the topic.

i did attend in person.

the feedback from here was positive in that i wouldnt have to pay but it didnt quite work like that.

just a reminder about the issue.

sold a 2nd hand motorbike, deposit was left 3 days approx i delivered it to the buyer as a favour as his son didnt have insurance, i get a letter from the buyer saying the speedo didnt work the day he started to ride it, so he asked for the repair £288 which included a battery as the one i recently bought before i sold it was not the right one (i took the battery to a shop and got a like for like) far as i was concerned it was as the shop worker sold it to me, so this is the reason im having to owe this money other costs are court fees,expenses etc...

Hello

Sorry to hear you lost, what was the problem with the Motorbike?

If you have been ordered to pay the whole judgment in one amount or you have been ordered to pay by instalments which you cannot afford, you can ask the court to vary the order and reduce the instalments. This is called a varied order.

Use Form N245 to ask for a varied order. You can get this free from any county court office, or from the website of Her Majesty's Courts Service.

Fill in all the details about your income and spending. Remember to write in the amount you can afford to pay. You will have to pay a fee to apply for a varied order.

Keep a copy and send the form and fee to the court. The court will send the form to the claimant, who will decide whether to accept your offer of payment.

If the claimant accepts your offer, the court will make an order for the instalments you said you could pay.

If the claimant does not accept your offer, the court will look at the information you gave and decide how much you should pay. The court will tell you how much to pay and when.

Have a read at the court leaflet here:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex326_0405.pdf

You must act quickly though, don't leave this too long.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers