Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first thread on the site. I hope someone can advise. I called in at motorway services and I missed the entrance for the car park (it was dark and there was heavy rain and I'd never been in these services before) so went in the next entrance which was the coach park. I popped into the bathroom and came out within 10 mins just to see a man from CP Plus Ltd putting a £80 charge notice on my window. My ticket says ' parking in a restricted area' was the reason. The car is a company vehicle so not registered in my name. If I pay in 14 days I get the fine reduced to £45. Should I pay ?

Thanks

No.

Read the stickies about private parking tickets.

As yours is a company car, you need to write to your employer and the lease company to inform them that any invoice from CP Plus should not be paid as it is not a parking ticket. Stress that if they do choose to pay, you will not reimburse them either directly or via deduction from salary.

You just have an invoice, which can be safely ignored. Private companies have no powers to issue 'fines'.

Receiving a 'parking charge' for parking where you apparently weren't supposed to park is a contradiction in terms in itself.

Come to think of it, has anyone actually used that in one the rare court cases we see once or twice a year? How can a 'Parking Charge Notice' apply to anything other than in an area where parking is allowed?

How can a Parking Charge Notice mean anything if you're being invoiced for not having a permit, for example?

Edited by Al27