Re: Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I understand what everyone is saying about just ignore the fine, but where do I stand if they can use cctv to prove that I was driving and did not purchase a ticket. I really want to fight these bastards, what they do is nothing less than extortion just like loan sharks, so how do a company like them get away with it and stay on the right side of the law?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they can prove you are the driver, you have nothing to worry about.

Excel don't do court any more, as they've lost every time they've tried it, for example:

Judge quashes £300 parking fine...because it set out to ‘frighten and intimidate’ driver | Mail Online

The judge ruled that the amount claimed did not represent a reasonable pre-estimate of the actual loss and therefore was an unlawful penalty charge. He also ruled against them on other grounds, too.

but where do I stand if they can use cctv to prove that I was driving and did not purchase a ticket

Judge would not entertain sitting around a TV in court so that Excel can check they have the right person in the room. Complete abuse of the court process.

CCTV means nothing - it's just a method they use to scare people. This is a [problem] - everything is designed to trip up the uninitiated, whether it's scary old 'CCTV' or the dreaded 'CCJ', which strikes fear into far too many people.

Regarding the not buying a ticket, they would only be entitled to the cost of the actual ticket (a pound?). The scamsters like to think the world works along on the grounds of "If your name begins with S and your favourite colour is purple, you contractually agree to pay £10,000 and pour custard down your trousers."

So if they have no right to fine people, how do they have a right to charge people to park there. Does this mean I can charge my friend for parking on my drive?:lol:

Thanks for all the advice people, I'm really getting into this now and am going to make it my mission to keep spreading the bad word about Excel

So if they have no right to fine people, how do they have a right to charge people to park there. Does this mean I can charge my friend for parking on my drive?

There's a difference between charging for a service and a penalty for an action or alleged breach of contract.

If you cancel your broadband early and are in a contract, you have to pay off the rest of the term ie. their actual losses incurred. They cannot charge a penalty for you cancelling.

You can charge your friend to park on your driveway, just not charge him a penalty for overstaying or if he parked with one wheel on your lawn.

How bizare, My friend has just been done on the same car park. Ive explained to him not to pay so im quite proud that ive recruited my first anti Excel member.

Can Excel or the land owner make a request for the 50p parking ticket, which i believe is all they are entitled to? Id be more than happy to pay that!

How do we know when they have given up? Expecting a letter very soon. Thinking of replying saying I was not the driver and am not prepared to tell them who was, also that I will not be replying to any future letters or threats that I suspect they may send so they might aswell stop waisting there time and my time.

Also I have been back to the carpark and their signs state that failing to display a ticket will result in a £100 pound charge, does this mean that they could take u to court? as the charges are on the sign so part of the so called contract

Anybody can anyone to court, but their sign threatens something which isn't enforceable in law. The driver is agreeing to display a ticket, but if he doesn't he breaches that contract. The remedy for breach of contract is damages ie. actual loss. Buying a ticket, but not displaying, costs them £0. Not buying a ticket costs them £1. At no point have they lost £100 - it's an unenforceable contractual penalty charge.

Parking companies like to think the world revolves around signs saying "if you do x, you agree to pay y". By that reasoning a sign demanding £100,000 would be enforceable.

Also I have been back to the carpark and their signs state that failing to display a ticket will result in a £100 pound charge, does this mean that they could take u to court? as the charges are on the sign so part of the so called contract

Judge quashes £300 parking fine...because it set out to ‘frighten and intimidate’ driver | Mail Online

• 2 weeks later...

well .. i went and paid it .. the stress of other things going on in our lives meant this would've broken the camels back as it were ... but I did request a list of registrations for that day and got one ... for some reason, the registration for the time we were there just shows the numbers and no letters, its obvious it ours to us as we know what time we there ... but they say no further appeals will be accepted .. still no answer to the several times we've overpaid because of a faulty machine! they do say there was no fault reported on the day of 'the contravention' ...

Blee,

Real shame you fell for it, I'm sure your money could have been much better spent than giving it away to [problematic] - sadly it's because of people like you that these cowboys & their ilk are still operating. You really should have listened to the advice liberally posted on this & other forums.

Have recieved my first letter from excel today stating that I now owe them £100 and if not paid within 7 days proceeding will be taken against me. They also quote £30 court fees and £50 solicitors fees. Respond or just ignore. I feel like I need to send them at least one letter basically telling them to **** off!

whilst you may feel inclined to write to them, any contact is only bad contact for you. They will not take any notice of what you write to them, but will take it as a good sign that they are starting to wear you down.

Excel are well known. They follow a model similiar to every other private parking company.

Excel have also had the distinction of several high profile failures in court which have been reported in the press. Judge says Excel parking fines illegal - Mansfield Chad

So yes ignore them....

Edited by pin1onu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore them it is then, I take you have all had similar experiences with these crooks?

Ignore them is the way to go, give them nothing to go on. It really hurts them most when you don't play their game.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

It's the time of year Excel traditionally ramp up their warning letter campaign.

Heed the advice - ignore.

If you do contact them, be prepared for legal looking explanations you will receive of all the criminal Laws you have allegedly broken. Go straight to jail, do not pass go and DO NOT pay them £200.

Although their replies do provide you all the evidence has to why they won't be asking to sit with a Judge anytime soon.