Another Unhappy Halifax Customer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a Halifax customer for most of my life and since I opened a "proper" account with them about 5 years ago (I had one of their accounts with a Solo card, as opposed to Switch) they have given me nothing but grief.

My husband and I have got ourselves into a right mess money wise. I got pregnant and was off work for a year and my husband's salary wasn't enough to cover all the bills so we lived on credit. Needless, to say that after a while the credit ran out and we can barely afford the weekly food shop let alone credit card bills.

Anyway, the Halifax have been totally unsympathetic and refuse to lend us any more money on top of our mortgage but they are quite happy to keep piling on the charges. I have had a quick look through the last 18 months worth of bank statements (that's all I have) and the total so far is roughly £1700. So the amount over the last 6 years is going to be a lot more.

The amount of charges on my credit cards are around £700 for the same period of time.

If this works and I get all this money back, I will be so chuffed! I sent all my letters on Monday so fingers crossed!!

Today my statements arrived with same letter that many people seem to be getting.

They have sent me a report showing all transactions on my account since it opened only it is ridiculously confusing.

I know I have to look out for 94d but it's not just a striaghtforward list of all transaction, there's other stuff too. Does anyone know how it works? I want to make sure I claim every penny!

best of luck, I am just so excited about this whole thing!

Scooby

every dog has its day

29th Mar Requested statements

14th April Rec'd statements

16th May Request for repayment letter sent

23rd May Bla Bla letter rec'd offering £435

30th May Sent LBA

5th July Money claim online request

11th July Deemed served

ROLL ON 9TH AUGUST

• 4 weeks later...
Just completed the MoneyClaim form, paid my £120 fees and I've just realised I've claimed for £5044.12 - over £5000. Admittedly, it was the court fees that took it over the £5000. What's going to happen now?

Hi Maddyrose was just interested in your welcome finance claim, as i'm having few problems with them...Do you have thread?? Good luck with Halifax

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

From my reading of other posts the claim limit of £5k excludes court costs and interest.

Halifax Joint A/C - Data Protection Act letter sent 2 May 06.

Preliminary letter sent 6 June 06.

LBA sent 27 June 2006.

Halifax Standard Derisory Offer received 12 July 2006.

MCOL Claim Filed 1 August 2006.

Got this reply from my LBA yesterday morning.

Dear Mr and Mrs X

Thank you for your letter dated 13th April 2005. I note your comments and am responding in view of my particular responsibility for Bank accounts administered by Newcastle Customer service Centre.

I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the charges, which have been applied to your account.

Like other organisations, HBOS incurs additional costs when an item is returned unpaid, or paid against an unauthorised overdraft. Rather than pass these costs on to unaffected accounts, charges are applied only to the account concerned, so we do not penalise all of our customers. (THIS IS THE BEST BIT) These charges only partially cover the costs we incur and compare favourably to our competitors. (NOW THAT'S BULLS**T IF EVER I HEARD IT)

Blah Blah Blah

You have asked the Halifax to consider the full waiving of the existing charges. Whilst it may be argued that this might provide a short term solution to the problem, it remains the case that account charges will continue to be applied in the future if there are insufficient funds to cover your outgoings. (NO THEY WON'T BECAUSE I'VE CHANGED BANKS!)

I regret that the Halifax is unable to consider the outright waiving of your account charges.

Blah Blah Blah.

Unbelievable.

As it happens they sent the letter the day after the deadline so I have already started court proceedings. Idiots.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been charged £147.00 today for 6 £1.00 payments to my credit cards!! I paid by bill payment a few days ago when there was enough money in my account to pay for it.

I cannot believe how tight these people are. Roll on court day.

Just checked my bank account and they is a mysterious deposit for £5044.00. The exact amount I'm claiming for!! Haven't had a letter yet confirming so will wait for that before I celebrate. Still going shopping today though!

Thank you so much to everyone involved with this site. I couldn't have done this without you. I will make a donation as soon as I get the confirmation letter.

1 down, 8 to go!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks