Arrow Global appoint Weightmans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Arrow Global appoint Weightmans

Dec 1, quote

"THE COMMERCIAL Recovery team at Weightmans has been appointed by international debt purchasing giant Arrow Global.

Large scale sales of consumer debts by financial institutions, utilities and telecom companies in Europe and Asia have fuelled the growth of Arrow Global's business and Jill Cox, Head of Commercial Recoveries at Weightmans, is enthusiastic about the potential of the new deal.

She said: "Arrow Global is an international player in this field and a welcome addition to our client base.

"We have successfully completed their rigorous on boarding process and we are now looking forward to a long term relationship."

Ms Cox said the new contract could lead to a 100% increase in turnover by the end of the 2009/10 financial year.

"I am pleased to have formed a relationship with such a recognised organisation. It is a testament to months of hard work by the entire Commercial Recovery team and I am confident that we will be announcing further successes in the coming months." unquote

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

"We have successfully completed their rigorous on boarding process and we are now looking forward to a long term relationship."

Ms Cox said the new contract could lead to a 100% increase in turnover by the end of the 2009/10 financial year.

"I am pleased to have formed a relationship with such a recognised organisation. It is a testament to months of hard work by the entire Commercial Recovery team and I am confident that we will be announcing further successes in the coming months." unquote

Have to say they seem inordinately pround of extending their involvement in a business most of the legal profession wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

"On boarding process" - Ye Gods!

David

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my first letter from Weightmans regarding an unenforceable MBNA/Arrow account.

Hope this doesn't mean the end for Marlin/Mortimer Clarke solicitors:lol:, as most Arrow stuff went through them before Weightmans. And to think Marlin/MC had just moved into a nice new office.

Weightmans might not be so pleased with Arrow when they start to deal with this account. No paperwork after CCA request, then took me to court and discontinued (due to no paperwork). I even have a letter form Mortimer Clarke saying there is no paperwork but they are still trying to find it, that was over a year ago (CCA made nearly 2 years ago!).

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Weightmans might not be so pleased with Arrow when they start to deal with this account. No paperwork after CCA request, then took me to court and discontinued (due to no paperwork). I even have a letter form Mortimer Clarke saying there is no paperwork but they are still trying to find it, that was over a year ago (CCA made nearly 2 years ago!).

Standard practice I would think for them to try out all the cr*p/missing, (presumed dead) CCA's on them 1st.:lol:

David

Now there's a coincidence! I received my first letter from Weightmans today. MBNA debt sold to Arrow.

As for the quote in post 1 - where did this appear?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Translated: I can see we'll be spending a lot of time trying to find enforcable CCAs

Translated: I suppose we'll have to hire more monkeys to handle the deluge of CCA requests.

"I am pleased to have formed a relationship with such a recognised organisation. It is a testament to months of hard work by the entire Commercial Recovery team and I am confident that we will be announcing further successes in the coming months."

Translated: When we've finished sucking up to them & kissing ass, we'll probably realise we've been landed with a pup & announce that we've passed it on.

They buys a large number of irrecoverable, unenforcable debts and bully people into paying up.......

Roscodog

Edited by roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

I too have just received a letter from Weightmans informing me that Arrow has instructed them to take action on a debt for which all paperwork and details have been provided. This is total rubbish as my CCA request, SAR request and request for statement of account have not been complied with. This gors back 18 months.

"THE COMMERCIAL Recovery team at Weightmans has been appointed by international debt purchasing giant Arrow Global.

Further translation...

"Our former partners were not able to do the job properly"

Hello to everyone at Copes, by the way. :grin:

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Now there's a coincidence! I received my first letter from Weightmans today. MBNA debt sold to Arrow.

As for the quote in post 1 - where did this appear?

Arrow Global appoint Weightmans - LDP - The Legal Week

hands up who would like to welcome them with a "KIRBY KISS " :wink:

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Our former partners were not able to do the job properly

Or it could read:

Well, we're not making the expected return, (despite these junk debts defeating the efforts of the O/C and God knows how many other DCA's, so what did you expect?)

Let's see if we can scare a few of 'em with charging orders.

David