• Tweets

• If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
    • check mcol does it state DQ N180 sent to you? if it does then: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file   dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cahoot Flexi Loan

king123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been told today by Santander that they are unable to send me my original signed CCA as it was signed over 6 years ago and would be no longer be stored on file.

Interesting, the FOS would love to here about that.

Hook line and sinker then shaneo.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Email ceo at santander.co.uk yesterday had an email and a phone call. This really does work,

Dear Mr Piper,

Thank you for your recent communication addressed to Ana Botín, Chief Executive Officer, Santander UK. Your complaint has been passed to our Executive Complaints Team who will carry out a full investigation and should respond to you directly within the next 10-14 working days.

High quality customer service is of great importance to us at Santander and we will do everything we can to resolve your complaint in a timely and satisfactory manner. I am confident we can resolve this for you quickly and, in doing so, go some way towards restoring your faith in Santander.

Faye Muggeridge in our Executive Complaints Team will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns in more detail. Alternatively, you can contact the team on 01908 719345

You may also be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you do not feel we have resolved your complaint to your satisfaction. More information about this will be provided with our resolution letter.

Thank you & kind regards

Kaye

Executive Complaints Team

Santander UK plc, 201 Grafton Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 1AN

Telephone: 01908 719345

E-mail: [email protected]

Faye, said that she is dealing with my account I have her personal number and will have a letter in 10 - 14 days. Of course if I am not happy with the result I have her number to hound :)

Email ceo at santander.co.uk yesterday had an email and a phone call. This really does work,

Dear Mr Piper,

Thank you for your recent communication addressed to Ana Botín, Chief Executive Officer, Santander UK. Your complaint has been passed to our Executive Complaints Team who will carry out a full investigation and should respond to you directly within the next 10-14 working days.

High quality customer service is of great importance to us at Santander and we will do everything we can to resolve your complaint in a timely and satisfactory manner. I am confident we can resolve this for you quickly and, in doing so, go some way towards restoring your faith in Santander.

Faye Muggeridge in our Executive Complaints Team will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns in more detail. Alternatively, you can contact the team on 01908 719345

You may also be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you do not feel we have resolved your complaint to your satisfaction. More information about this will be provided with our resolution letter.

Thank you & kind regards

Kaye

Executive Complaints Team

Santander UK plc, 201 Grafton Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 1AN

Telephone: 01908 719345

E-mail: [email protected]

Faye, said that she is dealing with my account I have her personal number and will have a letter in 10 - 14 days. Of course if I am not happy with the result I have her number to hound :)

Good Luck it looks optimistic but let's see what materialises ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a wonderful christmas present from Santander. Today I have received a letter from the Chairman Exec Complaints. Who has concluded that the loan is variable and has been slashed from 21.3% down to 12.28% for the foreseeable future of the loan.

The best part is that they have calculated this from 1st January 2004 when the first interest rate increase was applied. 8.6% to 12.28%. Santander has recalculated the interest rate from then and has refunded me £2842.65, which leave me with one payment of £113 to pay and I will be debt free :)

So contacting the CEO of Santander really does work.

I have a wonderful christmas present from Santander. Today I have received a letter from the Chairman Exec Complaints. Who has concluded that the loan is variable and has been slashed from 21.3% down to 12.28% for the foreseeable future of the loan.

The best part is that they have calculated this from 1st January 2004 when the first interest rate increase was applied. 8.6% to 12.28%. Santander has recalculated the interest rate from then and has refunded me £2842.65, which leave me with one payment of £113 to pay and I will be debt free :)

Perhaps emailing the CEO could be the way forward for my PPI claim? I've written once to London and three times to Bradford in the past eight weeks (enclosing letter, FOS questionaire and graphs - and sent by registered post) - but heard zilch.

Now been told to wrote to Milton Keynes instead... Feel like tearing my hair out.

I want to claim back my PPI and interest. I am fighting for what I believe I am owed - but Cahoot is certainly not making this battle easy.

Great news Shaneo, looks like the way forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been following this thread at Moneysavingexpert, many of their posters are being settled for their Flexiloans, calculations not really being made transparent by Santander. Also note that refunds to running accounts are being done, but the hiked rate of interest is being applied on the balance (20%+)

I have asked if anyone is claiming interest in restitution, but they all seem to be glad to be receiving a cheque that they are not bothered about any more cash.

I personally think Santander are getting off quite easily.

Any caggers received refunds?

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

My Cahoot account is currently with Moorcroft and they are corresponding with me, will have to tell them in the next few weeks to lower their figures due to the interest clawback.

I have now sent Complaint emails to Santander for mine and my Husbands account regarding the Loans. We have Moorcroft threatening us with legal action aswell now if we don't pay until the 9th Jan. Only received the letter today.

Both accounts haven't received any proper DN, and for one account we have received notice of closure.

I just hope these emails will get us somewhere. We had tried to arrange lower payments and made them every months since then, to no avail. We still pay approx. 75% of the minimum payments, which i thought was reasonable...even though we could do with lower ones, but we make do.

I have also stated in the emails that we now consider those accounts to be in Dispute....i just hope they accept that, it'll buy us some time maybe.

• 1 month later...

I gather they've started paying people back the excess interest automatically now?

My interest was already frozen as I'd been defaulted and CAB had got involved. When I won at the Ombudsman I got an interest refund of the "excess" interest. I didn't see any cash of course just a reduction in my balance.

Am happy to share the info of course just don't want to give away too much personal info as my account is ongoing :) Suspect I've already told enough to be identifiable to the bank so it doesn't really matter now.

What amazes me is that they sent me a cheque for £5K and never took it off the outstanding balance, this is confirmed by the statement they sent last week, surely if I was due them money they should have reduced balance?

Also saying that loan will now run at 20% + interest rate, no calculation shown, though some are saying their rate has been reduced to 0%.

If I continue paying the loan at those rates, the refund will only be a drop in the ocean.

Santander are only refunding to those who e-mail/write in and in their reply they are accepting no liability and refund is a gesture of goodwill.

They sent you a cheque? I argued for that but got nowhere. Oh well.

There appears to be no logic to how these folks operate. They refund you because the interest rate is extortionate, whilst you still owe them money, AND they're still gonna charge u credit card levels of APR?! Doesn't make any sense to me!

Presumably they haven't defaulted you yet? All of my accounts in arrears were defaulted some years ago and I've not paid interest on any of them since then.

• 2 weeks later...

See they have started to rethink their refunding, some people on MSE are now being rejected with no case to answer.

Seems the gravy train is now drying up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a large amount of rejection letters going out from Santander, some people have had further refunds as adjustments to their settlement figures, but rejection is the main way they are going.

Most are now going to the FOS, hope they are not holding their breath as in my experience you would be better talking to a rocking horse than the FOS.

• 2 months later...

King, and others, I went through the CEO route, I had been making nominal payments each month because I felt that they were increasing apr for the sake of it, I was paying the full minimal payment, had not missed any payments, when I contacted them to complain they told me they did not have to explain why they were increasing my interest rate.

It seemed that not long after I took money out I would get a hike.

So that is when I started the minimal payment.

They were sending me statements for some considerable time acknowledging the minimal payment I was paying and interestingly the interest rate was at 0%

Then out of nowhere came a letter demanding immediate payment of the arrears.

I had at no point had a letter from them saying i was not paying enough.

This is more or less the point at which I contacted ceo.

I dont want to disclose too much here because of the obvious.

Bottom line of their response to my complaint is that they feel they did nothing wrong, that at some point I could have applied for a different account with abbey, they pointed again to the loan being variable, but then suddenly nearing the end of their reply they in a round about way say "however, we have decided to close the account and will take the steps required "

Just seems odd that they are saying they were in the right but are not holding their ground, but there you go.

Best of luck all.

• 9 months later...