• Tweets

• Your topic title was altered last June 23 in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result..topic title updated.   Andy
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
    • Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated. royal leisure park praking area map.pdf
    • FINAL UPDATE.  I have not posted as the defence were reading the thread.  An agreement was reached on the day of the hearing.   I am unable to go into detail but for those in this position the forum has been priceless support and advice so thank you all in the site team.   for those going through this, follow the process, ignore intimidating tactics and threats and get to the Judge.  They are very supporting of those self representing.   I note her name has gone from the heading of the thread.  Was this them ?  Thanks again.  
    • I'm not sure what the "appeal" system asked but he said he definitely didn't indicate he was the driver so I'm just going to have to take his word for it. Honestly, I don't think the hirer will contact them. I think my brother will tolerate it. I did have a similar experience with another company 6-7 years ago and sought advice on here then to which you guys told me to ignore, I got the exact same DRP letters and then a "Gladstones Solicitor" letter.  After that nothing happened and it died away. Based on my experience with that I assumed the same would happen here but only asked to see if perhaps anything had changed since then.    Hopefully it doesn't get to court but if it did, I feel like we have enough evidence to sway a judge who probably hates dealing with this type of nonsense anyway. Or maybe I'm too optimistic. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cahoot Flexi Loan

king123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm another who has an old Flexi Loan on which the interest skyrocketed (from about 7% to 21% iirc) ultimately leading to my downfall. They also carried on charging me £30 penalties and interest while the CAB were negotiating with them. It's fair to say there's no love lost between me and Cahoot! This is my main thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/172922-another-please-point-me.html

What I'm wondering is:

*Is a flexi-loan a bank account, credit card or something else in terms of claiming back charges, i.e. how do I go about it and which letter do I use?

*I also want to find out if they have a valid CCA for this account. Which do I do first or can I do both at the same time? Will I have to pay £10 *and* £1 statutory fees?

Thanks in advance if you're able to help me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

did both, but in seperate letters to cahoot regarding my flexi loan- cahoot seem to return the fee for CCA's - i had my fee returned around a week and a half ago, saying a CCA request is free... don't hold your breath though, i still haven't had my CCA (which was originally requested Nov 20). I sent the CCA to cahoot in coventry, but the reply returning the PO came from bradford...

here's the link to the CCA request template:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

You'll need Letter N - Ask your creditor for a copy of your credit agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

for the claiming charges, you'll need the SAR request template to get your statements first:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

taking advice from others on here, don't sign any of the letters, just print name. Remember to include the 10 pounds fee for the SAR and send both by recored post.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to the Financial Ombudsman. I have been given advice from the Ombudsman that this is a genuine complaint that they are prepared to deal with. I have written to Cahoot informing them that I intend to go to the Ombudsman. The terms to try are that you were "lured into an unsustainable debt" and that they have "taken advantage of your unsophisticated financial knowledge". The CCA protects us from companies like this - hopefully!

hopingforjustice:smile:

I'm with you. I'll wait and see what response I get from my CCA request I suppose, and then think about doing the same. I certainly agree with your analysis.

Any extra help or advice you can give on how to go about this, and on your own case, would be most welcome :) Also, do you know how I can find out what rates I have been charged? The oldest statement I have is from 2004 and shows 8.9%, but I think I started off lower than that. The most recent I've found is 18.9. There are gaps in my records.

• 3 weeks later...

I've already done a CCA and I got back a signed credit agreement. I guess I'll have to do a SAR. I'm interested to know how your complaint is going and how you've worded it. Will check your thread now if I can find it :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I will be submitting a complaint to the FSO about the unfair escalation of interest rates on this account and will put the charges claim to one side for now. I'll update this thread with any developments. I have the forms ready to go but if there's any last minute tips please let me know!

• 1 month later...

I'm watching this thread too.

I have a Cahoot flexi loan which has have been passed onto a DCA, but Cahoot are STILL chasing me AND registering defaults against my credit history.....ehhhhh????

Can they both chase me and charge me twice??

Support this great site where free invaluable advice is provided.

I've saved £1000's because of this site...so could you.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I put in a complaint to the FSO a weeks ago. Not too hopeful but worth a try. In the meantime I've been continuing with token payments and am wondering if I should cancel the standing order? Do I have to keep paying while the FSO are investigating or is this the same as the "account in dispute" situation? It's only a few quid a month.

• 1 month later...

king 123 - have you had any joy over the escalation of the interst rates? i always paid on time etc so no penaltys to reclaim, but the interest rate increases were ridiculous and love to be able to get some of it back.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I won my case with the FSO and have been awarded a refund of the extra interest I paid. It will be applied to my debt with Cahoot, i.e. I don't get a cheque, but still it's a win.

King, I too had a copy of the original agreement, but like yourself, have been miffed at the escalation of interest.

Can you put up the words you used in your complaint to the FSO so I too can take this course?

Out of interest, no pun intended, could the same principle apply to virgin credit card?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

My approach was to be the "vulnerable consumer" and not blind them with science. I complained that the increase was unreasonable and was at the rate of a credit card not a loan, and that I was unable to shop around as I had a bad credit rating. It would be best to use your own wording, but my advice would be to tell it like it is and not try to be too clever!

My approach was to be the "vulnerable consumer" and not blind them with science. I complained that the increase was unreasonable and was at the rate of a credit card not a loan, and that I was unable to shop around as I had a bad credit rating. It would be best to use your own wording, but my advice would be to tell it like it is and not try to be too clever!

Thanks for getting back on this, Letter off to Santander first then.

After months of no mail from them, Santander having closed the Cahoot account they send me three months worth of statements.

Sleeves rolled up !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...