Sportsworld v SKY

bathspray
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title , weve just taken out the Sky c/w SKY SPORTS package for our pub (£1599 p/c/m) yes thats right per calendar month.

Only been on for a couple of weeks then we get a phone call from Sportsworld offering all sports packages for only £1800 per year.

Has anyone had any experiences with this company at all please, as we are really thinking about it at the moment.

Thanks all and Merry Xmas

As the title , weve just taken out the Sky c/w SKY SPORTS package for our pub (£1599 p/c/m) yes thats right per calendar month.

Only been on for a couple of weeks then we get a phone call from Sportsworld offering all sports packages for only £1800 per year.

Has anyone had any experiences with this company at all please, as we are really thinking about it at the moment.

Thanks all and Merry Xmas

Not come across Sportsworld before, but given that outside BBC/ITV both Sky & Setanta have the broadcast rights for just about every sporting event that is Licensed to be shown in the UK, I`m guessing that Sportsworld offer channels such as `NOVA SPORTS` & `ARTE SPORTS` which transmit at 13e to Greece and the United Arab Emirates and show Live Premiership matches (even at 3pm on a Saturday).

If this is the case, these channels are not Licensed to be shown in the UK, so if you want to go down the `Pirate` route you might aswell go and buy a Dreambox and pay a nominal monthly fee to a Server provider.

Hope this is of help

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Sportsworld media was dissolved on 09/12???

are you sure it was them?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi at the monent theres a case going on in the high courts with a landlord and sky its on the publican website

They are saying its not illegal on the base that we are now part of the EC & EU and we are picking up a signal designed for EU & EC

Part of there argument is sky say its illegal to buy this equipment

the lardlord who as the backing of sat companys say its not illegal as we are now part of the EC & Eu and under free movment of goods he can buy from where he wants if he cant buy from the ec and eu then nobody can it started last june and the judges will give there findings in may 2009

Regards DK

PS there other part of there argument is that they are not recieving the signal off skys system so what right to sky have to take them to court

i have a system at home and have fitted loads sky say its not illegal for the likes of me to watch the footy but say pubs use it for financial gain

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full