RBS

tedblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:oops:

Yes we are! It's not easy-even when you're in the right-because most of us have an innate sense of fair play and decency which makes you think that people wouldn't 'treat you like that' if you were an ok sort of person.

That must be the biggest wrong perpetrated by institutions such as the banking industry.

I'm not an extreme sort of person but theres a quote springs to mind along the lines of 'for evil to flourish good men should do nothing'.

Don't lose heart, you have a lot of support here-from good men enabling others to do the right thing.

:oops: Of course I meant (wo)men!

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words. Hanging on at the minute but really up against it. In the process of moving my mortgage, reported RBS to the financial ombudsman and awaiting their reply, but really feel like a SOS bottle floating in a bloody big sea right now. Still fighting, but feel a bit like a knight that says neeeeee

It sometimes comes to that Ted-hanging on from minute to minute, but at least you're hanging on-and managing to keep your sense of humour! We're all with you, and at least you now have the tools and the practical help from this site that means you're in with more than a fighting chance of winning. Hang on in there!

Maybe we could all build a shrubery in honour of all the bankers!:lol:

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

Bottled messages have been known to float for years and end up thousands of miles from their starting point, inspiring everyone who hears of them - with care and support, you can surely float for as long as needs be, find dry land, and continue to inspire:D

Re the knights, there are no carnivorous rabbits in real life. You have nothing to fear from ketchup:lol:

You can do it tedblue, stay tough.

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

I think what the b**turds are doing is digusting!I'd point out to the bank that you wouldn't be in arrears with your mortgage if not for their charges, and it sounds like they were in control of YOUR mortgage and didn't tell you it was behind from what you've said(send to CEO, addy on this site)get on to BIG newspaper (news of the world would be good)GET free advice from the citizens advise bureau (we have and it's a relief, they were very helpful)and your in depute with them so i don't think they can do anything to your accounts.Don't forget that they have to make every effort to retreave any arrears BEFORE they threaten you with legal action(just like WE have to to get our money back from THEM)or they forclose on your mortgage they don't seem to of done this. google Bob Egerton or visit his site @ bankchargeshell.co.uk/forum he seems to know more on this subject than anyone!

good luck and don't let the bast*rds get you down

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

• 2 weeks later...
...Hanging on at the minute but really up against it. In the process of moving my mortgage, reported RBS to the financial ombudsman and awaiting their reply, but really feel like a SOS bottle floating in a bloody big sea right now. Still fighting...

How's it going tedblue?

Regards,

Bean

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Afternoon all,

Quick update. Accounts all handed to their credit collection service who basically told me the account closure 2 days after a refund was pure coincidence. A week later I have a phone call from them telling me they have received my complaint from the financial ombudsman and "would like to discuss the situation". So far they have offered me half of my claim. I refused and told them I will be in contact in due course with what I feel will be an appropriate course of action.

I think the banks are becoming even more scared of large claims when people no longer have anything to lose. We will happily take them to court for the full amount and they seem to never want it to reach that stage as we all know what will happen. I am going to push the envelope as far as I can on this one.

I'll let you know ;)

Hello tedblue,

Great to see you back :D

Three weeks without a word, then you come sauntering back with a cool

Afternoon all
8-) you tenacious little blighter!

Joking aside, it sounds like you're really on top of things. I really hope your personal and business situation is far more comfortable and sustainable than it was.

With the proviso that reasonable attempts have first been made to settle without recourse to legal action, I agree with your comment:

We will happily take them to court for the full amount and they seem to never want it to reach that stage as we all know what will happen. I am going to push the envelope as far as I can on this one

Keep pushing my friend

Regards,

Bean

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

• 1 month later...

Any update tedblue?

Regards,

Bean

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

• 1 month later...

Bloomin' heck, if time flies when you're having fun then considering how quick it goes when your life is flipped upside down? Business has gone balls up and mortgage is currently being switched but I am more determined than ever to make the f***ers pay. I had a buyer for my business who spotted my weakness and sat and waited until I went under so as to pick up the lease and business on the cheap. shafted ig time

In all honesty it is a relief to be out of the business but if the bank now think that is it then they can think again. All it means is that I have more time to rebuild my life that I was previously wasting on saving my business. Charges have continued to pile up and i think I will now be pulling in all the relevant info as my recent statements have gone to my old business address that i am locked out of.

Bank charges, business collapse, life in tatters.............nah. Consider this a resurrection. This is time for a Lazarus event.

Any advice welcome but consider that money is very, very low. I want this. I want this bad!

Welcome back Ted - real sorry to hear about the business, I had one go once during the recession after 10 yrs building it. As you say it's bl...dy awful fighting to keep it but after a while you realise there's a life out there! You are one step further now to taking control back of your life - it can only get better. I'll check through your thread again and come back later. Anyway, since you were last here there's about 20,000 more people behind you now :D Good luck my friend.

good luck Ted, similar-ish situ here, self-employed and unable to work properly due to long term back problems. At least you're in the right frame of mind to deal with it.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Actually stuck on filing the claim at the minute, Got to the point of receiving an offer from RBS for half of the claim (surprise) when things went pear shaped and it it had to go on the back burner. Now I assume any post from them has gone to my work address so I need to climb back on the horse and go at it again. As I have given them my final letter can I simply hit them with the claim even though there has been a break in proceedings?

Guest willowb

Oh Ted I don't how long you can leave it before you take action. Better wait for someone who does know.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Wxx

• 1 month later...

hi ted any news?

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks