• Tweets

• Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4562 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

New to the forum but just wanted to put forward my tale. I run a small business in gents clothing and as many do with a startup I have struggled along for 2 years trying to make ends meet. After all their initial promises of support and business managers on hand and so on and so forth I now find myself in serious financial difficulties. I have applied for loans through the bank but ended up having to go through seperate brokers, I applied for overdraft extensions which are then refused due to the condition of the account and so you find yourself stuck in a rut.

I have creditors who I have to repay and so after speeaking to them I set up repayment schemes over a period of time. All fine and dandy but also dependent on sales. I explained this to the bank and asked for some flexibility.........and got none. So everytime I now have a standing order or direct debit not clearing, or a cheque that bounces, I incur up to £140 a day in charges, so making my position even more difficult, leaving me feel as if my life is in a permanent treadmill of charges and debt. There does not seem to be an escape, there does not seem to be an answer and my business is going down the swanny.

Do I have a case to chase up all these charges even though they are of my making? It could end up as quite a large amount.

Yes. Please read the FAQs and around the forum. All will become clear.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Cheers Richard,

Went through the FAQ and thought "there must be a loophole I'm missing?" but if that is the way then that is fine by me. Going to get the ball rolling today and go from there. It will be nice for them to pay off the overdraft they would not extend for me!

Cover me, I'm going in ;)

Initial process is under way. I would like to know if there is any purpose to sending an informal email to somebody like Margaret King, stating that I will pursue the case unles they look into and rectify my account.

Couild it work against me if we do end up in court?

Ok, I knew things were bad but having gone through the online statements since January, I have been charged £5000 in 4 months. This is just the start from the payment plans I have set up with a variety of companies who I owe to, where missed payments have compounded the problem. I could have cleared my debts with the charges alone.

And so you shall...

<font face=arial size=1>Advice & opinions of Dave and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.</font>

:D I love your confidence. It brings a great big ray of sunlight into my grey day ;)

We/you have everything to be confident about.

The charges are unlawful, we know it, the law knows it and we can suppose the banks know it - hence they pay up rather than test their resolve in court.

I would send them the letter in the library as soon as possible - give them the 14 days to give the cash back - then when they don't start proceedings - you'll soon get it back then.

<font face=arial size=1>Advice & opinions of Dave and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.</font>

As i have these invoices readily available can I put this claim in immediately and then go back later for the rest?

Sorry if this is covered in the FAQ, but I hear you live for this ;)

Well, that depends. Have they got your DPA request?

If so, then it might be worth waiting - the only thing is of course that your claim is going to be for over 5k - which means that in the unlikely event that you were to go to court and lose, you wouldn't be protected from their legal costs.

I usually advice people to break it into 2 or 3 claims - one for DD's, one for cheques and one for SO's.

However, if you've been regularly charged over a grand a month - then this isn't going to help much, so you may as well go for the 5k and then go back for more.

I'm not too sure about this one - how much do you estimate they have taken over the 6 year period?

I have only been trading for 3 years and the difficulties only really came about in the last 15 months, so that is what I am really interested in. Going on these figures I would say I will be looking at about 14K as it has been slowly escalating. It is the worst it has ever been currently so the further I look back the monthly charges will reduce.

Theyreceived the DPA request last Friday

£15K takes you very seriusly out of the Small Calims track. I would recommend that you sever the claim

I have not made the claim as of yet. What I was considering was making it as several small claims, all under 5K

Yes, I think that you will have to. Try £4,500 for the first and see how it goes. Do them completely separately one after another. Otherwise the bank may try to consolidate the claim.

Hi there, Hope this goes well for you, strangly I too owned a small gents clothing company and a RBS account, I too found them incredibly unhelpful and various cashflow and bank problems eventually caused me to call it a day. Who knows how much my company was charged by the bank - just wish i had found this website earlier. Keep us posted.

All the best.

Let us know how you go

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

Good thread, please keep us informed.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Received an email from the RBOS that they are now forwarding all my statements from the last three years to my local branch for collection.

Very nice of them ;)

You may well find that if you break the amounts up to keep them in small claims RBS will get the message and do a deal to get rid of the whole thing. I must say though, £15k in three years is a hell of a lot of charges! I think it's important that you pick your moves very carefully, and don't agree to anything they propose without thinking long and hard.

Do you have an overdraft or loans which exceed the amount of the charges? If so, then you need to be ready for the fact that they will almost certainly terminate your account if they're forced to hand back that much dosh.

It's not clear from your posts which part of the country you're from. If you're in Scotland, the small claims limit is £750, not £5k.

• Confused 1

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

What is the status over business cheques? Once bounced and then represented can the same charge be applied time and time again? If the bank continues to represent then they can just have field day with the charges surely?

The charges are unlawful, full stop. Doesn't matter if it's business or personal, or how many times it's presented.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

This could be about to get nasty. i will let you know tomorrow.

What is the status over business cheques? Once bounced and then represented can the same charge be applied time and time again? If the bank continues to represent then they can just have field day with the charges surely?

Yes this can keep happening but cheques will bounce completely and be sent back after 2-3 attempts. Yes they are all illegal so claim it all back.

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

Any news tedblue?

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Received a 10% refund of what I was claiming but then received a letter to find another bank.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4562 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you
Please fill in your quit date here