Bt - Any Way Round This??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

BT have restricted use of my home phone due to an unpaid bill. i have offered to pay them by instalments but they want the full amount before i can dial out again. i am getting calls coming in, but not able to dial out, as it keeps redirecting me back to bt. i remember somebody telling me a long time ago about a code you can put in before you ring your number so that it by passes bt. as i am thinking of going to another phone company also, does any one know the code, as bt are really being obstructive about this, and its now got to the point that i dont want to pay them on principle. i have explained my financial situation to them but they just dont wanna know.

any help out there guys.

Unfortunately, as BT have the switch, they can switch it as they see fit.

Your phone service has been restricted because you haven't paid for it.

As BT are the ones who are providing the service, then they have the right to restrict the service to anyone who hasn't paid, and to dictate the terms for reconnection.

Regarding a bypass code, I personally have no knowledge of one, but if I did, then I wouldn't supply you with it as the use of it would be fraudulent.

CAG does not, under any circumstances, condone breaking the law.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

as said by rooster there is "NO BYPASS CODE" restrictions are done @ the exchange ( remotely by a test desk or C/S ) it cannot be done outside their INTRANET, it is different from star * services

there are a lot of "myths" about secret codes flying around, and even sold on EBAY, they dont work

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Pay up and leave BT be cheaper in the long run :)

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Once the restriction is in place, all short codes cease.

As for there beig cheaper alternatives, do remmber BT are nor reporting to CRAs, so unless you clear off the debt pronto, you may find other networks unwilling to take you on.