Using another card for an items money to be refunded into.

Allwood

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some help with an item that I want to return to shop, I paid with my credit card but I no longer want to used that card, can I used another card for the refund of the item to be paid into. Or do I have to used the same card that I paid for the item in the first place with such as the credit card that do not want to used.

Many thanks

The key reason for shops to insist on the refund going to the same a/c is to stop fraud - ie you use the card but the transaction is below the shop floor limit with their bank and your a/c may not actually have been checked for funds etc.

If there is a period since the transaction went through (say 7 days +) then it should be easier to argue that nothing untoward is going on. You could also claim that the card has been lost or the account closed. The shop should then be reasonable although you may hve to argue....

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Thank you Stornoway for your reply. I only wanted to know if it was possible as I do not want to used the same card as I used to make the initial purchase, which was a present and not suitable therefore I took it back and the store for it to be changed. However, unfortunately, the exchanged item did not fit and I now need to take that back for that reason, I only have the receipt for the exchange item, which says that the initial purchase was a card payment. if I cannot get the right size then I will need my money refunded to my card and I do not want to used the card that I used to make the initially purchase i. It was over 3 weeks ago since I made the initial purchase.

Fraud is only a secondary issue, the real reason why the credit MUST be made to the original card is primarily to prevent a cheap way of moving funds between accounts at no cost. Since the retailer pays a % of the billed amount, the CC company will repay the total amount to the customer, and cancel their on the sale. If there is no matching card to make the credit to, either the vendor OR the cardholder will only get a reduced payment.

Edited by buzby

• 2 weeks later...