• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HFC - Advise please?

Smokieone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sending HFC (my husbands account) a CCA request and getting no response we sent out letter two - Account in Dispute to which we got a response stating that they had already sent out the information we requested by recorded delivery (after 12 + 2 thou)

Today got a card through the door for 'sign for' letter and it was from HFC the contents of whic are as follows:

Dear Mr ***

Account Number **********

Thank you for your letter requesting for information in relation to the above account.

Please find below the account information relating to your account in accordance with section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Date Account Opened: 19th September 2002

Payment Due date: **th of each month

Original Credit Limit: £7400

Last payment on Account£**** recieved on the **th October 2008

Current balance: £****.**

Account Status:

Please find enclosed the last six months statements of your account. the Statements enclosed will list any payments received or charges incurred to date.

HFC Bank Limited has been unable to provide a photocopy of your original agreement. However, please note that in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 we provide a copy of the executed agreement that does not include information which it is permitted to exclude such as signatures and signature box.

I confirm the above account was opened on 19th September 2002 and is held in your name, ******. In addition, HFC Bank Ltd holds personal details which were supplied by you upon application, such as date of birth and employment details.

Whilst monthly payments have not been maintained in line with the terms and conditions, the payments that have been received have been submitted by yourself and it is reasonable to conclude that you have acknowledged this debt. In summary, our recordsconfirm that you have conducted the above account in a way that suggests you have a relationship with the bank. In view of this HFC Bank Limited holds you liable for the outstanding balance on the above account.

I trust the information I have provided to you is to your satisfaction but should you requier anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address.

Yours blah blah

Included in the envelope is a document entitled ' Your pre- approved application for the GM platinum card from Vauxhall - then underneath that in small writing it says Credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974.

below that - Your applicatioj number is: ...

Then a box that is entitled you and your requirements: Name address etc - make and model of car, card protection option.

Adjacent to that box 4 more boxes entitled:

Important - Use of your information

Your right to cancel

GM platinum card rebate points programme

Please sign: - this is a credit agreeement regulated by the CCA 1974 - sign only if you want to be legally bound by its terms

Sorry it is such a poor copy it would not be legible if I scanned it!

Also included is a copy of credit card Terms and conditions which has HFC Bank Ltd Jume 2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED on the back - clearly not the original terms and conditions!!

Would appreciate advise on what to do now

Thanks in advance

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HFC Bank Limited has been unable to provide a photocopy of your original agreement.

Don't lose that letter!!

No copy agreement = unenforceable debt.:-D:-D:-D

The rest of their letter, (which is what they send when they're stuffed), is utter bullsh*t.

David

Deaar Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated ******** in which you confirm that there is no consumer credit agreement for this account. As you are aware this renders the alleged account in very serious dispute and totally unenforcable in court. I trust that this is the end of the matter and that you will abide by OFT guidelines by not demanding payment for an unsubstantiated debt.

Thank you for your patience in this matter and I would like to take this oppertunity to wish all your staff a very merry christmas and a less prosperous new year.

Yours ......

• Haha 1

Thank you for your letter dated ******** in which you confirm that there is no consumer credit agreement for this account.

Let's be pedantic for a moment. They haven't said there is no agreement, they have said they can't provide a photocopy. Perhaps their photocopier has broken down. Or something.

I would first ask why they can't provide a photocopy - is the photocopier broken, has the only person who knows how to use it left the company, or [crunch time] are they unable to find the original agreement?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I agree with Palomino,

You need to find out what cards they are holding before making any decision about contesting the debt.

Is the account very old?

They say or suggest you have a relationship with the bank, but until they can provide valid proof of an agreement, then the boot is on your foot

• 4 weeks later...

As wrote to HFC as advised just before CHristmas to ask for the reason why they cannot send a copy of the credit agreeement as requested - as yet we have not recieved a reply - should I write and ask again?

Also last week, despite us sending letter one and two stating the account was now in dispute - they have issued my husband with a Default Notice - is this posible when we have written stating that the account is in dispute??

We feel that they are ignoring our letters and just bullying their way ahead - but I seem to think that we have read on here that they should not have served the default notice...... Any suggestions of on what we should do next?

We are amazed that the leter is dated the 24th Dec - stating that we should remedy the breach before the 10th jan - 2 days after we recieved it!!

I am presuming the default notice is standard stuff but it it would help to se it I will use photo bucket and upload it.

Thanks

HFC / Marbles have defaulted me despite no valid CCA. I even sent them several cheques for payment (using the £50 bank guarantee facility for cheques) in summer - all with letter stating my account number and address. They cashed all but two cheques which then led them bveing able to default me. They stated they were returned because of inaccurate account number on back (yes ok but letters had correct details!).

HFC have not replied to any of my requests for why they have defaulted me. Experian refuse to remove default. I am now waiting for ICO and FOS but not holding my breath. HFC have tried setting 1st credit on me twice but the usual send me a cca letter to them has resulted in HFC/Marbles taking account back it seems.

We feel that they are ignoring our letters and just bullying their way ahead - but I seem to think that we have read on here that they should not have served the default notice...... Any suggestions of on what we should do next? No they should'nt have issued a DN whilst an account is in dispute, but quite of lot of banks do anyway.

We are amazed that the leter is dated the 24th Dec - stating that we should remedy the breach before the 10th jan - 2 days after we recieved it!! Not unusual for HFC (I got a letter from them on 13 Dec dated 24 Nov). Its because they use either Mailsort or UK Mail.

I am presuming the default notice is standard stuff but it it would help to se it I will use photo bucket and upload it.

Thanks

Wouldn't hurt to post it up - HFC aren't very good with Default Notices in my limited experience.

Edited by DocH

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!

any suggestions on how to word a letter requesting them to confirm?

Have you read this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Maybe an alternative strategy for you.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

Thanks for that DocH - I will try this way, I suppose you never know what these people have up their sleeves so to speak!!

I requested a CCA back in Nov for a HSBC card via Moocroft, they have sent two letters since stating taht they are awaiting relevant info from HSBC. last letter recived about a month ago - do you think I should send same letter to requesting info as you state above on this one, or just leave it until HSBCdecide to respond - tks

HFC do this all the time, i recieved my DN 2 days before the date to remedy, it wont do them any good, i will put them to strict proof that they even sent it when it gets to court.

We are amazed that the leter is dated the 24th Dec - stating that we should remedy the breach before the 10th jan - 2 days after we recieved it!!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I requested a CCA back in Nov for a HSBC card via Moocroft, they have sent two letters since stating taht they are awaiting relevant info from HSBC. last letter recived about a month ago - do you think I should send same letter to requesting info as you state above on this one, or just leave it until HSBCdecide to respond - tks

Not in this case, Moorcroft/HSBC have not yet issued a Default Notice, so the legal process for enforcement hasn't yet started (which is the primary reason behind the alternative method). Have you sent Moorcroft the 'account in dispute' letter yet?

Edited by DocH

Sent a letter to HFC as sgeeted in thread posted by Doch, still awaiting a response. Also still awaiting a letter asking for them to substantiate why they cannot provide a copy of aggrement as pewr CCA request (sent 22nd Dec)

My other half received the following letter from Restons Solictors yesterday, which seen as on the bottom of HFC letters states ' member of HSBC group' we sumise is regading this C Card - despite the letter not stating the full account number - 4 digits are missing

Dear Sir

HSBC Bank PLC V Yourself ref XXXXXXXXXXXX

Overdue Credit Card balance: £XXXXX.XX

We are instructed by HSBC Bank PLC to claim immediate payment from you of the balance outstanding on your overdue credit card as detailed below:-

16/01/2009 Default balance £XXXX.XX

16/01/2009 Collection Charge £XXXX.XX

Post Refrl Cr Nil

Total Due £XXXXX.XX

Plus capitalised interest as appropriate

You must now pay £XXXXX.XX to this office by Monday, 26th January 2009 faiing which a summons will be issued for the full balance PLUS any continuing interest, fees and costs. A judgement may be entered against you which will be registered. Your credit record will be affected making it difficult for you to obtain credit in future.

Our client may be prepared to accept payment by instalments. If you wish them to consider this please complete the enclosed questionaire and return it to this office within 6 days. Unless we hear from you we may decide to telephone you on any number available to us. Alternatively please telephone us on the above DIRECT line within 6 days. All future correspondence/ payments should be sent to this office clearly marked with your name and account number. Receipts will not be given unless specifically requested.

Finally, our client has asked us to draw to your attention an oppurtunity for you to clear the account at a specially discounted settlement figure which can represent a substantial saving for you. If you are interested your should call the direct line listed at the head of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

First thought was to write and say account in dispute as no crdit agreemene has been provided, then thought..

IS it right to say HSBC, should it not be HFC Bank a nd also should we right to Restins and say we do not have an account with HSBC to that amount and or that acount number given that it misses off the first 4 digits....

any advise would be apprecaited

Thanks

HFC are a bank within their own right for the purpose of court claims. Although they are a part of the HSBC group of companies, I believe I'm right in saying that if Restons cited HSBC on the court claim form as the claimants you would have cause for getting the claim thrown out. I wouldn't tell, let them dig their own hole.

Finally, our client has asked us to draw to your attention an oppurtunity for you to clear the account at a specially discounted settlement figure which can represent a substantial saving for you. If you are interested your should call the direct line listed at the head of this letter.

It may be a genuine offer, but if usually means they are stuffed because they don't have an enforceable agreement so please donate £XXX to us and we'll go away.

Thanks Doch - I do think that it is quite strange that the stated account number is incorrect and HSBC are stated and not HFC when all previous correspondance has come from HFC.

Do you think that we should contact them or wait and see what they do past the six days...

I am tempted to have the harrasement by telephone letter ready cos I think that they will start calling next week.

Or should we simply just wait and see what happens next, I suppose you never know we may get an agreeement through the post this week!

I have had the same letter about a week ago, suggest you wait for the court claim, you have more than enough to defend, all your issues can go into your defence.

If it gets struck out, or they discontinue, it is extremely difficult for them to resurrect it.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Personally I would send for a SAR asap. It will cost you a £10 postal order but you will be able to see exactly what HFC hold on your file. The letter is in the letters section.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Thanks for advise guys - will send subject access request off as well as everything else as they are clearly avoiding responding to my request for a reason why they cannot provide an agreement

Whats more telephoencalls have started from Restons - voicemails to our L/L during day when we are not in, they have not tried mobile as yet, maybe they do not have up to date number. Should we send letter re telephone harrasement and send a copy of account indispute letter and all other letters sent to HFC requesting ifo which they have quite simply not supplied.

getting stressed now calls have started!

Thanks in advance

If they are going to issue a claim, i don't think you will have long to wait, and at that point the calls will stop, you can send a harassment letter if you want to but i don't think its worth it.

I have just sent them a letter, and got a reply, we do not respond to unsigned correspondence.

Well that's ok then, i wont bother you again, (if you see what i mean).:)

Or you could always sign it "Daffy Duck". Make sure it looks nothing like your signiture. I sent several letters to one DCA in which it was clear that the signiture said "Micky Mouse", "Captain Caveman" and "Fifi Forgetmenot". They never questioned the signiture ever.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

OH got caught by a call from Restons tonight - wanting to talk to him about his debt with HSBC for his John Lewis card - he alsmost started to talk to them until I told him to stop and request all future communication in writing - They were telling him that they are going to register debt with Northampton Court and take hime to court. My first reaction was crack on as debt is not officially with HSBC and certainly not for a John Lewis Card!!

Then I got thinking and relised that I had not sent a SAR to HFC as suggested above, have been looking at templates on here and the only ones I seem to be able to find relate to unfair bank charges - can any one give me a link to a SAR template that can ask HFC for all info held - which would force them to send a copy of a CCA sohuld they have one as they have failed to respond to any of our other request on this matter.

Think we may need this confirming as it looks like they are going to issue a claim and hubby is getting nervous.

Thanks in advance