Mis sold HD ready TV

damorr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No I am not happy. I would fight for all my money back but dont really know where i stand legally, even though they have sent me vouchers, I havent accepted anything.

What would you do ?

I thought i bought an HD TV but in reality it doesnt do what it says on the tin, i still feel ripped off.

To be honest, I'd say £300 refund on a TV you've had 3 years of use of is pretty good, not amazing but still.. not bad. You can't seriously expect them to give you a full refund, I mean you've been using this thing for 3 whole years reguardless of how it was sold, so it obviously wasn't an issue over that time. :/

You could get a 32" Samsung 4 series for £391 or wait until boxing day for the price drops but you'll need to get to the stores early cause 32"s just fly out the doors.

Just get them to upgrade your vouchers in store if you can't afford a TV of relevent spec, it's not like the voucher total is set in stone. They are there to get you a TV of the same or in your case relevent specification, not to limit you to the amount on the voucher, the voucher amount is just a rough total. They probably took a look, and saw a 32" Matsui and assumed you were willing to settle for that because it's the same size and HD-Ready.

Edited by Renzokuken

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was A £1000 tv i bought with the intention of being future proof so i didnt have to buy again when new technology came out.

If i have to spend another £1000 I might as well have bought a £1700 TV in the first place.

No matter how people put it i feel conned, if you buy a car and it was sold as a 3.0 ltre v6, then after 3 years when you lifted the bonnet it only had a 1.6 pinto engine you would feel well and truly shafted, no matter how long you had owned it

No matter how people put it i feel conned, if you buy a car and it was sold as a 3.0 ltre v6, then after 3 years when you lifted the bonnet it only had a 1.6 pinto engine you would feel well and truly shafted, no matter how long you had owned it

And like most people with that car, you'd have noticed within a week.

Damorr you are right the regulations are there for a reason.

However the courts do apply some reason to regulations after periods of time have elepsed. If you had had the television for 3 months and then realised then I understand that you would want more but 3 years?

In such a case the court would award you the current market price of a comparable device (with the facilities you paid for) and then deduct something for the time of useage you had.

Personally I think that they have been overgenerous with their compensation offer.

Dont forget you still have the perfectly servicable, working, and in full order television. it just doesnt have HD.

In my opinion you have a good result here, you have had 3 years use of the telly and now £300 back.

I would say that to try and go to court over this would be very difficult... and in any case from some of the offers I have seen I would say that in January £300 will go a long way towards a very good television.

I agree with the others. It is not a bad result after such a long time, and a judge will probably see that the store has been resonable in sorting out your complaint.

I would see about using the vouchers towards a new TV in a few days time. There are and will be more huge discounts coming our way very shortly.

You maybe able to haggle some more if the sales team already know you.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I used my vouchers for a present, but hear my story.

I bought an hd tv so i could be future proof, 3 years later i decide i want sky hd , i i subscribe , then i waste my money as sky hd is no good on my tv , for sky hd to work on a 47 in tv i hvae to pay £700 min , I get £ 300 back is that good , no , i still have to find another £400 for it to work .

What if i dont have another £400 ?

I used my vouchers for a present, but hear my story.

I bought an hd tv so i could be future proof, 3 years later i decide i want sky hd , i i subscribe , then i waste my money as sky hd is no good on my tv , for sky hd to work on a 47 in tv i hvae to pay £700 min , I get £ 300 back is that good , no , i still have to find another £400 for it to work .

What if i dont have another £400 ?

You bought a 32" TV.. why would they pay out so you can get a 47"..

You could have bought the 32" matsui, it's a crap brand, but it's HD-Ready, and would support sky-HD, or got your vouchers upgraded and got a 32" samsung 4 series as I suggested which would have been better than your old TV and again would have supported sky-HD. Both of these would have adequitely replaced your old TV and solved the issue you had with the original as you put it across to both us, and them.

I'm not the one to point fingers here, but the way your going on about this makes it sound like you were just out to get a full refund so you could buy a bigger TV, and ended up getting stung by the system that prevents this.

You paid for a 32" HD-Ready samsung TV, you were given the option and funds to buy a superior replacement 32" HD-Ready samsung TV and instead chose to buy a gift rather than resolve your problem. Yet you still complain to us about the company, even though you passed up the opportunity and funds to buy a much better TV than the one you paid for.

Damorr - I am sorry to say this but it is attitudes like yours which make genuine complainants lives much harder.

How you can expect to get a television that is much better than even the one that you originally bought defies logic.

Stop whining, you spent your vouchers on gifts so go and enjoy your television and if you want HD then you are going to have to buy a new telly!!

My TV was 47 in not 32, I dont know where you got that from.

How can i get better than the best which i thought i was buying, so i didnt have to buy again.

They ripped me off good and simple, they broke the rules not me.

I got sky installed so i could watch HD on 47 in HD tv.

Why did i pay the extra for sky HD ? because i was told my tv would accept all forms of HD when they sold it to me.

I repeat my TV cost me £1000 and was 47 in.

What you are saying is it is alright to rip people off.

My motto is 100% integrity in everything you do, dont charge for something you dont provide, or else give a full refund.

How does £300 possibly help me, I thought my TV would last me 8 years not 3, or else i would of paid £300 at the time.

Renzo

I was Ripped off.

I was sold a hdtv 1080i which breaches the regs on at least 3 counts.

It was a known issue, but they chose to keep it quiet, I dont think you understand i bought that TV with the sole intention that i could get sky hd when i was ready without having to re buy.

Oh i get to keep the TV as well, so what ? what the hell am i going to do with it, where am i going to put it ?

I now have to re-buy, it is not about the money , in fact i am going to buy a pioneer 5090 Kuro.

I just dont like getting ripped off , maybe you do

You can certainly tell who the store salesmen are on this forum

For starters, under your post is an "edit" button, please use it.

Secondly, we help people on these forums because we choose to, not because we're told to. If currys knew who I actualy was, I'd lose my job so don't for a second think I'm defending them on here.

Finaly, as I said above, we help people because we choose to, and I'm choosing right now to no longer offer to help you. Your rude, obnoxous and totaly unwilling to accept any advice totaly negating the entire point of even posting a topic on here.

To be honest you give other people on here with genuine complaints a bad name.

Good day.

In my opinion (and its only my opinion) you will have a lot of trouble getting anything else out of them. I think £300 is a good offer. The problem is the 3 years IMO, if you had discovered this problem earlier I would say you might have had a case.

You will not be able to make anything stick in court, I cant see what else you can do. I don't want to see you get yourself into a bit of a sticky spot with this.

All we can do is give some advice. Please don't get upset if the advice isn't what you want to hear.

BTW, I am not a salesman. ;)

I take the good advice not from dim witted salesmen with small man syndrome.

I have accepted the £300, all i was saying is i feel well and truly shafted.

I dont give anyone a bad name, I was mis sold a TV by a jumped up little jerk of a salesman, who told me lies.

So tell me where was i wrong in all this ?

Chris did the discription state it was anything else, I suggest you read the post from the start again.

Such a friendly place this isnt it.

I say again you can certainly spot the salesmen on here cant you.

Damorr, nobody's having a go but were all saying the same thing here. The jumped up little sod did a bad thing lying to you but very suprisingly the company very swiftly tried to put it right.

You asked for comments, they have been given, sorry if you don't agree with them but it doesn't make us an unfriendly bunch.

anyway, just seen the clock IT'S CHRISTMAS, merry christmas and happy new year.

Damorr I apologise - I got the impressionthat the TV you bought was only a 32 which is why I thought you unreasonable for asking for a 47.

(BTW I am not a tv salesman either)

Unfortunately the law would say at the moment that you affirmed the error by keeping the television for so long and I suspect that what has been offered is as much as you could expect under current legislation.

The moral of the story is (and I know you shouldn't have to do this) is to check that what you have been sold is what you thought you had bought immediately you got it home.

I also think you have been hard on renzouken - he offers advice that could get him sacked should he be identified, and if you read his other posts he most certainly does not always defend his employer, but gives accurate consumer advice - whether it agrees with company policy or not.

I know you are upset - I would be really pi**ed off too, but nothing we say on here will change the position, we can only tell it as it is.

Once again I apologise for my mistake and wish you and yours a merry christmas.