Nastiest phone calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been inspired by Mr. Ton's 'Most Threatening Letters' post, I thought I'd do one about phone calls. A lot more scope for discussion here, being that, as we all know, DCAs are a lot more overtly threatening (and lying) in calls than in letters.

I did do a similar such thread about dishonesty told in letters or phone calls, but that was exclusively limited to dishonesty. What I'm hoping to get at in this thread is 'how low will they go?' or 'how worked-up will they get?'

Oh, BTW, found this on Youtube. I notice the comments have been disabled, though nothing really needs to be said. Does Mr F. Bobble want to do anything with this?

YouTube - Allied International Credit

Delighted that my threads are inspiring people :D

I have started a thread like this in the past about the phone calls.....but anyway, 1 i had a few months ago that literally turned into a personal slanging match....i was called a this, that & the other & i was calling them a this,that & the other in return - soz i never recorded it, but you wont get any worse than that conversation :p

Is that a pi** take- the BELL technology awards?:D AIC must have had enough of me cos they passed my debt to someone else!!

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Yes, it's only good sense not to entertain them via telephone, but this normally comes after experience learned.

One thing I will bet on though - a fair percentage of people who are regulars here now (if not virtually all of them) came here after bad telephone experiences.

I don't have hassles like this luckily - but I pay a good interest to all this advice as I am in a position to be able to guide people on low incomes who find themselves in debt. You know, I go and bully them to pay their bloody rent, fall for all the old diatribe and sit there helping them and showing them how to use this website! The day one of them fights back at me in the Court I shall think again - but I don't show them that bit!:)

Mind you only yesterday I did get a call but not for me. The bloke said "Is that Ms ..." (keep getting calls for this person on my relatively new number!), "who wants to know? "Oh, so and so calling from so and so collections - are you Ms S"? Me: "Shall we go through some security checks then?" him: "Oh yes mam, so you are Ms S and you live at so and so and so?" Me "No I,m bloody not, but I'm going round there right now to inform her that you have broken the Data Protection Act and then I'm going to punch her on the nose for using my telephone number" Funnily enough he hung up! I believe he was calling from India!