why you shouldnt use section 77/78 CCA 1974 if you want the signed agreement

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamb pm me and I will copy and paste the exact letter that I sent you to get lowells off my back with an attached Susan edwards letter...I will not do it openly for fear of 'spies from the other side'

rgds

m2ae

I am getting hassle from 1st crudite and Santander cards sending me the similar replys as lamb........could I please have a copy of your letter also so that I can get these people off my back.

Much appreciated.

T33

I'm not sure that I understand the secrecy behind such a letter to be honest. A slightly edited copy of mine is below for anyone who wants to use it.... To date, I've not had a single response from any company that it's been sent to. :-)

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

I refer to your letter dated xx/xx/xx which made no mention of my letter dated xx/xx/xx querying the continued absence of a signed, properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act 1974).

Please note that should you now recommend to XXXXXXXXXXXX that “solicitors should be instructed to commence court proceedings” in defiance of your continued failure to produce any legally enforceable documentation in support of that action, that any subsequent claim will be considered both unlawful and vexatious. It will also be vigorously defended on a number of grounds and any solicitors involved will be reported to the Solicitors’ Regulatory Authority.

In the circumstances, your threat of legal action would seem to be in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on debt collection. I therefore request that you confirm whether XXXXXXX hold or have ever held a signed, properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to this account and if so, to forward a copy to me instead of the Application Form that XXXXXXXX have so far provided.

If XXXXXXXXX do not have a signed, properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself however, then I require written confirmation by return (CPUTR, 2008).

Yours faithfully,

Actually I have no criticism of this letter P1 it is in substance the same as mine...with one exception...I attached a verbatim letter that has Susan Edwards statement that goes into more detail of what you have mentioned above in regard to CPUTR 2008...Also my letter is much the same as yours ...DENYING any agreement had been signed..

The Susan Edwards statement has been posted on various threads recently and I am sure that it would be recognised by you all.

m2ae

What I will do is post up the letter sent by Lowells in response...

m2ae

Got your pm m2ae (thanks loads).....got the letters off today. (by recorded) now we will see what their response is.

One thing I am not happy with is that one of these so called cruditors is still adding interest to the account. About £200 since my request for an agreement.

Got your pm m2ae (thanks loads).....got the letters off today. (by recorded) now we will see what their response is.

One thing I am not happy with is that one of these so called cruditors is still adding interest to the account. About £200 since my request for an agreement.

I'm afraid case law exists that means short of getting a judgement against you, if you stop paying they can chase/sell the debt/mark your credit file/add interest, even take you to court although it wont get very far if they've not complied with a s77/78 request.

S.

I'm afraid case law exists that means short of getting a judgement against you, if you stop paying they can chase/sell the debt/mark your credit file/add interest, even take you to court although it wont get very far if they've not complied with a s77/78 request.

S.

So, if it takes 6 years to become SB, they can/will add interest. This could add a very large chunk to the debt.

Hi there

I wonder if someone can help me out? I am off to court in under 2 weeks and the reason is because over a year ago i asked to see a copy of my credit agreement which i never recieved, after numerous letters backwards and forwards and doorstep visits they are now taking me to court, I have recieved all paper work from the solictors who are taking me to court and they have stated that the claiment does not have an original copy of my agreement but here is one that would look like it..

Im a little worried about going to court so just wanted so advice if them not having my original signed agreement i have a slight chance of winning? They state that they do not need to provide it and i am abusing the court by letter this go as far as court.

Hi there

I wonder if someone can help me out? I am off to court in under 2 weeks and the reason is because over a year ago i asked to see a copy of my credit agreement which i never recieved, after numerous letters backwards and forwards and doorstep visits they are now taking me to court, I have recieved all paper work from the solictors who are taking me to court and they have stated that the claiment does not have an original copy of my agreement but here is one that would look like it..

Im a little worried about going to court so just wanted so advice if them not having my original signed agreement i have a slight chance of winning? They state that they do not need to provide it and i am abusing the court by letter this go as far as court.

Did you deny ever signing an agreement? if not, they will submit secondary evidence to prove on probability that the agreement you would have signed is enforceable.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

So, if it takes 6 years to become SB, they can/will add interest. This could add a very large chunk to the debt.

you should(should have) written to them pointing out that notwithstanding the fact of their not having complied with your s78 request- that the matter is in dispute and that you intend to vigorously argue a defence to any claim from them in court therefore if they feel that they have a cause of action they should take steps to issue court proceedings sooner rather than later and not simply delay and prevaricate so that they can rack up charges, and that if they fail to do so you will raise the matter of unnecessary charges in court

Did you deny ever signing an agreement? if not, they will submit secondary evidence to prove on probability that the agreement you would have signed is enforceable.

Any chance of elaborating on this please? Does this mean I would need to say that I never signed an agreement? I cannot remember as it is over 12 years ago, so I assume I say no unless they have a document to prove I did?

Therefore your belief is an HONEST belief...12 yrs ago...chances are they aint got it even..and I mean the ALLEGED signed agreement.Use the model I gave you to tailor it and for goodness use the interpretation of CPUTR 2008 to weasel this out of them...to confirm or deny the existence of the original even before you put in a s78 request...

If you put in a s78 request all you'll get is a frankenstein job where no signature is needed under the Copies of Documents and Cancellation Notices regs 1983....so in other words they do not have to show that a signature was ever signed under these regs thiese regs are used as a 'MASK'..but the other route forces them to comply with s61 'the proof purpose' and they WILL have to bring the case AGAINST you...which in all probability they wont...I stuck to my guns and invited them to do this...they BACKED OFF cos they knew in court they would not be able to comply with s61

m2ae

you should(should have) written to them pointing out that notwithstanding the fact of their not having complied with your s78 request- that the matter is in dispute and that you intend to vigorously argue a defence to any claim from them in court therefore if they feel that they have a cause of action they should take steps to issue court proceedings sooner rather than later and not simply delay and prevaricate so that they can rack up charges, and that if they fail to do so you will raise the matter of unnecessary charges in court

They have not threatened court yet, They just keep sending the debt to DCAs who I keep sending packing. I have set "them" a letter saying "put up or shut up" we will see what their response is.

Thanks dd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks