Paypal And Intrum Injustitia Again!!!!!

karlp606
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey guys,

I have recieved a letter from intrum justitia regarding a debt owed to paypal for £46.47?

I hastly call IJ and they said I need to pay the debt and wouldnt give me any details of the debt occurred that it was just passed on from paypal?

I decided to call paypal and they told me it was from 2006 from an old paypal account that had a negative balance, I did not understand as I hold another paypal account in the same email address and have never had any emails or letters regarding this before.

After checking my emails back from 2006 I have found an email from paypal stating my account has been set to closed, I was also told by paypal that you cant close your account unless it is a zero balance so I dont why I now owe 46.47??? Does anybody know where it states this to back up my claim because if my account was closed on a zero balance then paypal refunded someone or did a chargeback after my account was closed this cant be my responsibility?

I called paypal again to be informed that this was then a mistake on there behalf and for me not to worry and disregard the letter!

Great I thought but ooohh nnoooo!

Another letter recieved today from IJ asking for payment again I called paypal who said they are no notes on my account stating this was a mistake and I would have to send paypal an email with a copy of the email I recieved from them stating my account was closed.

So in all in all I'm unsure what to do, should I just pay it as I dont want it to affect my credit rating or should I fight it as I have an email stating my acccount was closed???

Any help or feedback would but much appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

I've been receiving letters from this company too, for a similar amount :confused: Originally I was receiving letters from a company called Robinson Way in early 2007 but after a few months of ignoring them they stopped and it's only recently that Intrum Justitia have got involved and added another £10 to the apparent debt.

See my thread here: Robinson Way & Co pestering me for £48.26 - The Consumer Forums

I found it quite difficult to get hold of someone at paypal to discuss this and never managed to establish if I owed the money or not. They said that I may have paid for something through paypal and the money was never claimed??

For the sake of less than £50 It's highly unlikely that they'll take it any further but I would send them a letter and ask for proof that any money is owed if it continues.

Hope that helps