joint home sell my part to my hubby for a 1.00 is this poss and legal?

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

just my thoughts run around in my head when i cant sleep so am throwing this out for debate and advice pls

the debts we have are sole credit card accounts no joint named

no loans jointly only solely

joint we have mortgage and joint current accounts only

so my questions are

1. my share of the house could i legally sell or give or donate my legal half to my hubby for say a £1.00 (only thought of this as a business could be bought for a £1.00 if in trouble)

2. this way i feel better if i get threats of charging orders on the house, im disputing cca's that have been sent mainly cos i cant see what they say or just applications or just rubbish,

3. hubbys debts he has them under control, so i dont want to impact my connection with him to affect his credit file info

4. if i could do this my aim is not to have any joint accounts with my hubby and for me to tackle my sole accounts myself and for him not to be touched by any threats of legal action from my creditors.

anyway my initial thoughts just to see what really the outcome is of your views

im tired of the threats and i just need to do something to protect my hubby from all the backlash of this

your thoughts and views much appreciated

thanks angel x:-?

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

thanks for your qUICK reply Gilbert

well only the threat of legal action

i understood that a ccj would first have to be obtained before the charging order was processed but ive seen threads that state they have gone straight for the charging order which is why i was concerned

understand that possibly could defend it and try and get put aside

no court papers received as yet but its just im trying to see what other option s i have really

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Well, if they did get a ccj then you would need to miss payments on them for them to go for a ccj anyway, so it would take some time.

My sister has been threatened with charging orders for the last 3 years yet they haven't even managed a ccj yet!

Are you getting help from here to fight the dirty beggars?

Good luck angel and don't get too down.:)

Hi angel1

1. my share of the house could i legally sell or give or donate my legal half to my hubby for say a £1.00 (only thought of this as a business could be bought for a £1.00 if in trouble)

You could have done this 2 years ago and they could not have touched you now.....but if you tried now they would most likely charge you with deliberate evasion of debts by fraudulent action.

sparkie

Well, if they did get a ccj then you would need to miss payments on them for them to go for a ccj anyway, so it would take some time.

My sister has been threatened with charging orders for the last 3 years yet they haven't even managed a ccj yet!

Are you getting help from here to fight the dirty beggars?

Good luck angel and don't get too down.:)

hiya Gilbert

well yes im here and learning all the time, and its good just this morning got up and thought i cant give up now but while im fighting all this, im looking at the way ive been treated by creditors because ive dared to request a cca copy, and i believe if they had done the contract correct there would be no contest but now because they are using scare tactics and underhand sly means, im trying to use the legal system to defend myself

so while i do understand they are mainly threats sometimes it catches you offguard and then you believe its possible and all your hard efforts seem meanigless,

however, im back again so thanks for your concern and thanks for your points much appreciated

thanks angel x

If the worst came to the worst there are many ways to challenge a charging order being made too.

It seems you have a few debts? Because you can argue that this one creditor would have an unfair advantage over others.

You could also argue you pay all other bills but your husband has always paid the mortgage, your husband could then oppose the charging order even though it would only be charged to your share of the property.

I think you can only have one charging order put on your property.

Hi angel1

You could have done this 2 years ago and they could not have touched you now.....but if you tried now they would most likely charge you with deliberate evasion of debts by fraudulent action.

sparkie

thanks sparkie

of course, not thinking straight this morning, i understand totally, so really have to fight back with non enforceable cca or take my chance in court if it ever gets there,

from what i understood anyway ccj needed first before charging order, however, i would have to defend the ccj and if i lost, i understand that if you paid it off within a month the ccj could be deleted is that so still?

only afraid of the ccj and charging orders due to work situation that i would have to inform my employer if i got a ccj

so not sure what the implication of that would be or if its just for their records

i think really its about learning all you can , taking the advice and keeping positive

its a huge situation but without cag i would have broken down again but im still hanging on

thanks again angel x:cool:

What are they trying to get a CCJ for? Let's see whether you have a defence before you start panicking about charging orders.

Give as much info as possible' without giving details which may identify you' and we'll see what we can do to help.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

What are they trying to get a CCJ for? Let's see whether you have a defence before you start panicking about charging orders.

Give as much info as possible' without giving details which may identify you' and we'll see what we can do to help.

yes tiglet, I do hope angel is not fretting, my sister did but then we fought back.

I dearly hope angel posts back and shes fine.

hiya everyone

many thanks for your concern it is much appreciated

i think i got myself a little overwhelmed by addressing my situation this week and its played largely on my mind that having the courage to take that first step seemed hard but now in the middle of it all, its having the continous belief that things can only get better with the knowledge gained mainly from this site.

i am sorry if my initial thoughts were a bit foggy, ive read so many threads and subscribed to everyone that i think wow ive learnt something there and that may be useful in the future for me

i know deep down i will be fine as long as i take the advice given here and i will - i promise because i can see without cag the situation would have been unbearable. So i do thank the day i came across cag and what ive found out to date

just come back from the works do and on my way home, i realised i cannot feel scared of the future, the present is now, and i have to give my debt situation the best possible chance to improve and not get scared by the threats of legal action, defaults, and the like.

my credit file no doubt will have many bad markers but now i can ask for help in tackling whatever may come my way from cag

so thanks again guys, i was in a dark place this week, its been a hard year, and i dont want to go back there and with your support i can believe that i dont need to go there again.

Normally im always trying to stay positive and focused, but sometimes, it gets hard and you imagine the worst case scenario and you falter a little.

thanks for your support, but im back now and i know i can do this, with your help and the fab help ive seen being given to others i m in awe of it all, so i now believe strongly that all ive to do is just ask, So thanks.

Cheers angel x;)

Good for you angel' date=' be sure to have a happy christmas.:)[/quote']

thanks Gilbert and you and everyone else lets enjoy christmas, and not let our worries take over and then a fresh start in the new year and lets make 2009 a good year for us all to get our lives back on track

cheers angel x

hiya all

after a few more days of reflection, i can understand that it would be seen as a fraudulant act in selling my share over to my hubby so that rules that out

so back to basics, in dealing with all the aspects of all the debts and getting the best resolution to each one

have a fun christmas all

laters angel x