• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

really starting to feel ill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You may notice i have various posts on the forums to do with my debts as well as my partners (not husband) when they rear there ugly heads.

I am really beginning to feel ill.

My thoughts are constantly about debt and money.

I work but somedays i feel like i just cant go, like i'm due to head off in about 45 mins for a 7 hour shift.

I will be going bankrupt in the New year been on a DMP for nearly a year now, and the harrassment just gets beyond a joke, usually every day i get up there is either a letter/statement/phone call or an email off some half wit.

My finances are hard enough to cope with. I find it hard now my partners have possibly begun to surface when the person he owes money with is living the life of riley in NZ and is a million miles away from the issues here in the UK.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to deal with my health? The headaches/nightmares/worry/feeling sick.

I have been on antidepressents before in my life and do not wish to use them again, they merely mask the problems, and you dont deal with anything. Although the "i couldn't care less" attitude would be nice some days.

In some ways its ok when i'm at work as i busy my mind with something else and i know i'm not going to get bothered at my job, but in some ways i just want to shut myself in my bedroom and not come out.

Look forward to feeling some positive vibes.....8-):roll:

Oh dear - I really do feel for you. I bet you can't wait for the bankruptcy to go through so you can get some relief.

How do you feel about acupuncture? I was a bit sceptical, but gave it a try - and it worked!! Let's face it, the Chinese have been doing it for about 3,000 years so they should know a thing or two by now. They also have herbal remedies that do the same thing. It needn't be expensive and most give a free consultation. Sometimes just having someone to talk to can help.

I've said on these forums before, I don't get out much, so if you want a shoulder to cry on, I'm now subscribed to your thread and I'll keep an eye on it.

I think the main thing is to make sure you are never alone. That can be depressing in itself. Have you anyone outside your immediate family you can talk to? Can you sit down and calmly work out a way to stop the harrassment (there are plenty of letters on the forums that you can use). Even if they don't seem to be much help, the activity should make you feel you are doing something positive for yourself.

One old remedy I used to use was a very large cup of hot chocolate with a double shot of brandy just before bedtime. Mix the chocolate and the brandy before pouring in the hot water. If you can afford the brandy, give that a go.

I'll have some more thought and post anything that I feel might be useful, but at the moment I honestly think that you need to take charge and don't let the b******* grind you down. You are already filing for bankruptcy - what more can they do to you - sod all!

Please just sit down and think it's only money, I still have my health and my husband and we can start again..... :)

We are due to be re-possessed in January (no chance in hell of saving house) I have a one year old daughter and this is the last thing I wanted, and a couple of weeks ago I really thought this is it, I'm cracking up, but I sat down, took a few deep breaths and I realised I have many years in front of me, I have good health etc and we are all together (which is the main thing), it's bricks and mortar. Sounds simplistic, but you have to be, if you sit and ponder you'll go insane. Please don't make yourself ill over it. :)

I am really beginning to feel ill.

I urge you to seek medical advice.

every day i get up there is either a letter/statement/phone call or an email off some half wit.

Is there a loved one around ?

I save ALL my letters, and emails, and open them once a week or so.

Its so much easier with someone.

And i never answer my phone anymore.

Let them leave a voicemail.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to deal with my health? The headaches/nightmares/worry/feeling sick.

I have been on antidepressents before in my life and do not wish to use them again, they merely mask the problems, and you dont deal with anything. Although the "i couldn't care less" attitude would be nice some days.

Medicine, including ADs, like technology, has moved on beyond recognition. There are some wonderful ADs around now.

Please see your GP.

Take Care.

TC.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

hi, i completely understand you not wanting to medicate but you need to speak to your gp as you are clearly becoming overwhelmed which i think we all do at some point, talking is a fantastic therapy, the other thing you could try is writing it all down this might sound mad but it somtimes helps to vent on paper, try at least once a day to shut down for twenty minutes, inhaling lavender is a natural soother, and if you prefer to go the natural root, st johns wart is a natural anti depressant, i have a load more you can try, and hopefully 1 of us will get you smiling again :) stay strong .x

Thank you all for your kind words. Some days i feel ok others i dont.

I think sometimes you can do too much thinking about a subject, which doesn't always help!

I realise its only money and my situation could be far worse. I don't own my home and i have no children.

I think for a while now i have been bogged down with everything. I had some personal problems my partner was in and out of work and we were struggling for months. I haven't actually done anything in ages. Rarely see my friends etc, because i'm either working/being the woman of the house or trying to sort my finanical mess out.

I haven't been abroad in 15 years. And have barely left my county lol.

So far my mum has been very supportive, she has done the usual well you shouldnt have let it get so bad and so on...... but besides that she speaks sense and tells me it really is the only way out, bankruptcy that is!

Which is true my DMP means i'll be debt free in 2046, not sure how when the interest mounts and the charges are added continually??? Whereas this way at least in 6yrs time it will be off my credit record and i can start a fresh. i will only be in my early 30's, still plenty of time to do things.

Does anyone know of any info on mortgage for bankrupties? Just interested for the future, if its poss and what interest you are likely to pay etc.

My sister (only and youngest) thinks i'm silly and doesnt understand as i have nothing to show etc etc. So her overall attitude has annoyed me.

I wish i had a bath in my place, really miss having a long soak and washing my troubles away.

Opsadaisy i wish you all the best in the New Year, i hope something works out for you and your family!

Thank you everyone. I must admit without this forum i'm not sure where i'd go or what i'd do. :-)