Goals Soccer Centres.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4462 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Morning all.

This is probably a new one.

I month or so ago booked a game of football at one of the above centres. Unfortunately we werent able to raise a team, so cancelled three days before.

This cancellation was accepted, and I thought that was the end of the matter. Then the letters started, demanding payment of £20 membership fee and £37.50 as an indesript charge.

When I initially called I was not told of a £20 membership fee, and when I cancelled I was not told of a cancellation fee. Basically no fees were ever mentioned.

As far as I was aware I never made any formal contract, and have definitely never seen any terms and conditions. Obviously I understand that it could be classed as a verbal agreement, but would three days notice not be sufficient for cancellation?

These people claim they will take legal action to get the money. I dont think this will happen, 1. because they have such a poor case and, 2. because the amount is so small it wouldnt be worth the hassle and legal costs.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Cheers.

ask them to provide a copy of the contract you signed to say you accepted the terms and conditions.

no contractings = no payings.

when you cancelled did they tell you you had to pay a cencellation fee?, no?, then you dont owe them it. when you booked the pitch did they tell you youd have to pay membership?, no?, then you dont owe it.

also, its doubful theyd take you to court for £50, this is them blowing smoke up your ar*e and trying to scare you.