Card Debt 'Breathing Space' Deal

PGH7447
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was just about to post this

I found the bit about telling consumers they can complain about interest hikes which have already happened - hello - MBNA......................

who more than doubled mine.

I had planned once I had got my SAR stuff to recalculate everything based on my original interest rate and make an offer on that which I suspect will may be zero

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

The Government will ask the OFT to monitor the industry's progress on implementing the new principles, which will come into effect on January 1.

No doubt the industry will read that as 'interest added after January 1 2009' so anything prior will still stand:(

The Government said borrowers who had already experienced a hike in their interest rate - which in some cases could be as high as 10% - should complain to their card provider.

They can also report the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, if they are not happy with their lenders' response.

Which makes me think the FOS may be more sympathetic to these cases where the itnerest rate has gone up - if they are suggesting 10% is high how many of us have had increases of 20% - I have for one

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga