Just started dating a debt collector!

roscodog18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well........after 19 years married my wife left me......combined debts probably had something to do with this.......strange thing is the new lady in my life is a para legal.....a debt collector.......hates her job and she sued her bank for over £2.5K.......way OVER what the true figure was but she knew they would not argue! ( pre test case).

Any info I can share I will............

Roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

The company she works for do a huge amount of work..the biggest client

'buys ' debts then uses the company she works for to collect.....just passed on 10,000 cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the ironic thing is her company represents a credit card co that I took to Court and they didn't turn up! so i got a judgement......and paid out:)

roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

• 2 months later...

Lots more to tell..........bottom line these people are only doing a job so avoid being nasty, cheeky or anything that gets personal!......they are on targets so always go for the easy option......write letters to them as legally they MUST respond within 28 days......don't cover everything in one letter, send several .....if we all did this the industry would grind to a halt with the volume of post .....send CCA's..the more work they have to do the better .......they will ALWAYS go for the soft touch first...so if you appear clued up on legalities you have a better chance of beating them......often they will bend or break the rules.......they know that these debts are often unenforcable but will bully people into paying........industry standard for purchasing a debt is 10p in the pound......if your debt is £5000 it will be sold for £500......often the companies have little or no collection strategy and hope that people will cave and pay after a few nasty letters

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

And in the process they manage to push people right to the edge of their own sanity even forcing some into sad and drastic action.

I think the whole debt recovery industry needs completely overhauling by the Gov. The underhand and downright unlawful practices used by DCA's is unforgivable and if used bymere mortals would result in criminal charges.

I know some are only doing their job but most seem to relish it, kicking people when they are down. If they didn't behave like cowboys then maybe people would be more willing to pay up to them. Just my opinion mind.

However think of all the useful info you will gather...lol.

Also i don't mean to offend you or your new love interest.

Edited by rogermeard

Another debt collector screwed by a CAGger then... :-D

(I can see a CAGbot heading my way shortly, lol)

LOL(guess it will have to do a bit more work ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I cannot see why a cagbot would be concerned about do it yourself

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

Lots more to tell..........bottom line these people are only doing a job so avoid being nasty, cheeky or anything that gets personal!......they are on targets so always go for the easy option......write letters to them as legally they MUST respond within 28 days......don't cover everything in one letter, send several .....if we all did this the industry would grind to a halt with the volume of post .....send CCA's..the more work they have to do the better .......they will ALWAYS go for the soft touch first...so if you appear clued up on legalities you have a better chance of beating them......often they will bend or break the rules.......they know that these debts are often unenforcable but will bully people into paying........industry standard for purchasing a debt is 10p in the pound......if your debt is £5000 it will be sold for £500......often the companies have little or no collection strategy and hope that people will cave and pay after a few nasty letters

Roscodog

Pretty much sums up what most of us already knew I feel ;)

I hope you are keeping you CAG mistress a secret from your new partner :D Wouldn't want her to clam up under your intense probing, for information that is ;)