hi all new here advice about sherforce needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i lived at an addresss with my now ex wife up until 2004 in which time without my consent i had been added to the name on the water bill i left there in 2004 and never saw a letter from them let alone a bill, in march this year i had a baliff call at the address i was lodging at while i was not home he asked the landlady if i lived here she said he lodges here but is not here can i help he them proceded to tell her i owed 1200 for an unpaid water bill . which im not sure he should have done .

as he was leaving he asked whos the car was on the drive the landlady said she did not know , he said if its his when i check out the dvla database we will be back to take the car as goods for sale . i had never even known about the bill any way i contacted the water board and they informed me after much arguing that the bill was not mine but my ex partners and they would contact sherforce i called the ballif and told him of this myself and he said he had been told the end or so i thought until october when they sent a letter saying they had levied goods or something i ignored the letter as as far as i was concerned it was not my problem then in november i got a letter saying the debt was now1818.28 and the sherforce officer had levied execution on my goods so i called them and they said the goods were my car which i sold before this letter arrived .now they tell me it was not mine to sell and the total now is 3200 i have basically told them they will never get a penny from me because i never knewthe debt existed and i would have and still will pay the original amount of 680 owed to the water board . as a result of this i now can no longer lodge at my address as the landlady has asked meto leave and rightly so she dont need this but they still insist they are coming round to get goods even though i have nothing any advice would be gratefully recieved many thanks sorry about punctuation i just dont get hhow its done have learning problems

i lived at an addresss with my now ex wife up until 2004 in which time without my consent i had been added to the name on the water bill i left there in 2004 and never saw a letter from them let alone a bill, in march this year i had a baliff call at the address i was lodging at while i was not home he asked the landlady if i lived here she said he lodges here but is not here can i help he them proceded to tell her i owed 1200 for an unpaid water bill . which im not sure he should have done

No he shouldn't, there are data protection rules that are supposed to prevent that.

as he was leaving he asked whos the car was on the drive the landlady said she did not know , he said if its his when i check out the dvla database we will be back to take the car as goods for sale

Was it your car? If so, sell it to someone you trust absolutely, for say £1, and rent it off them or borrow it off them until this is all over.

i contacted the water board and they informed me after much arguing that the bill was not mine but my ex partners and they would contact sherforce i called the ballif and told him of this myself and he said he had been told the end or so i thought until october when they sent a letter saying they had levied goods or something i ignored the letter as as far as i was concerned it was not my problem then in november i got a letter saying the debt was now1818.28 and the sherforce officer had levied execution on my goods so i called them and they said the goods were my car which i sold before this letter arrived .now they tell me it was not mine to sell and the total now is 3200

Dazza you need to stop speaking to these people on the phone - not only will it achieve very little but there is no proof of what has been said, and unfortunately bailiffs and councils and even the police will lie when it suits them and they think they can get away with it.

From now on, email them cos it's quick and cheap, and post them a hard copy backup - I'd normally suggest that you send it recorded delivery.

i have basically told them they will never get a penny from me because i never knewthe debt existed and i would have and still will pay the original amount of 680 owed to the water board

Well I would do that if you believe you owe the waterboard and have the money to pay it - but I'd do it direct and refuse to deal with anyone else.

If they won't deal with you over the phone, you could pay them online, especially if you have the original customer reference number.

as a result of this i now can no longer lodge at my address as the landlady has asked meto leave

That is very sad, I hope that wherever you move to the bills are "all in" so you don't have to give them your new address until this is all sorted out.

sorry about punctuation i just dont get hhow its done have learning problems

We've all got those - some more some less - you'd be amazed how many apparently intelligent and highly qualified people are treated like dirt by the bailiffs.

I'd start by emailing/writing to the water utility explaining that you are in financial difficulties, have lost your home etc, and have spoken to them before, if you believe you owe them money offer to pay them that, but point out that you will not deal with bailiffs because they will unfairly reduce your ability to pay what you owe to the water utility.

Someone else may have another response, maybe a better one.

Agh! I see that you sold your car, so part of my post wasn't correct.

I don't think (tt may have a view) that the bailiff is able to seize your car in that way - your car must 1 - be there, and 2 - he must know it's your car.

At the time he was speaking to your landlady - he didn't know it was your car, and from what you've said didn't inform you that it was seized.

I would write to them separately and ask them to provide evidence that the car was seized.

This may help you organise your thoughts, if you follow this form and treat yourself as the client it may help you in any further contact.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

Remember - stress reduces mental function - action reduces stress.

So take action.

HI Dazza, I think you have got caught up in your water companies new policy of taking old debts through the High Court by an action of Fi - Fa. Please read this link as it will give you useful information :- National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 31 Dealing With Debts In The High Court

You could apply to the High Court for an order to stay execution but in your case from what you have said, it should be possible to challenge the original application to the County Court. If A******* Water hold you liable they should supply you with all the details and you could put a N244 into the court. If you would like some advice on this matter, please PM any personal details to me. Do not post as these companies are known to read this site.

• 11 months later...

sorry i should have updated this , i eventually won after reviewing cctv they never called when they said they had so how could they charge for a visit that never happened also after contacting the originating court turns out my name was not even on the original ccj they checked my credit file and linked me to ex via financial asscociate a holes still waiting for my loss of earnings payment and letter of apology may be a long wait

yes buddy all that they sent

Magic. Will make better reading than A Christmas Carol.

You do realise you still have another 5 years to take any action against them over this. In your shoes I think I would have sent them a bill for all the hassle, stress and inconvenience you were put to. The Claimant must bear a greater portion of the responsibility as they obviously instigated all the proceedings.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi mate,have just read your post and am new to this forum,what i can understand from this is your ex has put you in the **** and has forged your signature!!The water company cannot touch your goods for something you do not owe for otherwise we would all be in the crapper!!The bailliff company cannot levy on your goods for a debt you do not owe and they should not put fees on top that massively out weigh the original debt,if the are to take any of your goods,you can call the police to witness as they will have to give them back,a good bailliff would not touch this any way!!!I STRONGLY suggets to contact the fraud department at the water company which they should have and put in a strong complaint,all they should ask for is where you have resided over that time and if you have any letters to provide your backup.ie,tenancy agreements,Next step is to contact the police to put in another complaint about your ex forging your sig,that way you have a crime number to give back the water co,they should back off straight away,as for bailliff co,let them keep sending letters as they will keep wasting tim and are looking for a quick resolve to get money.REMEMBER THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LET A BAILLIFF INAND IF THEY PUT A FOOT IN THE DOOR TO STOP YOU CLOSING IT AND PUSH THEIR WAY IN,IT IS CLASSED AS FORCEFUL ENTRY WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW,they need to levy on goods seen and toched for it to be legal.I hope this is helpful as i used to be a bailliff for years and am fed up of all these tosspot companies,so now i help people or retrieve off the books!!!!if you need any further help or you know anyone you can email (Edit) regards,chris:)

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed e-mail address

sorry people should of updated this ages ago the case was dropped after i dicovered that my name was not on the bill nor was it on the original court papers or the ccj . one call to the court in northampton verified this , they had got me named as a financial associate from credit reference agency files, she never added me to the bill that was made up by baliffs i can only assume in a pathetic attempt to earn a commision , anglian water were very helpfull as the baliffs said they would go after ex for the money but that still wound me up as i have children that live with her she assured me that sherforce would not be taking anything from her home that would directly affect my children ie tv etc . i even offered to pay anglian water off on the original amount but they said no need to do that don't worry about it trust me this will not affect your children and to date don't think they have contacted her so +++ for anglian water but ---- for sherforce

The amount of people that pay as they are sht scared and do not retreive money is scary,a lot of companies force onto single women with children which is illegal,also the company i worked for had bailiffs levying on garden sheds and contents without even looking,some even levid through letter boxes!!!!!

Just looked@last reply and you mentioned that tehy got your name from a credit ref agency,they are not allowed to give your details to any agency and they should not have sold em, eitherway illegal,get hold of the agency and demand to betaken off with a leteer to proof it otherwise anyone can get your details and forge to high heaven!!

Interesting read, dazza. Not sure about what you've done about the bailiff though or are you still planning to take them to court? Surely you must have a good case given that, contrary to their national guidelines, they disclosed your debt details to an unconnected third party. This action then led to you losing your home...

Rae

may sound daft but was just glad to see the back of them , just glad that i found this forum in time instead of paying up or injuring someone .besides dont they say revenge is a dish best served cold if i can help one person make a difference in there life its worth a million . still upset about that apology letter though would have looked nice above the fire :)

No worries, you've got a few years yet to serve them somthing freezing. And wouldn't a photocopy of a nice cheque look just as good in that frame?

Good luck.

Rae

Edited by RaeUK
typoo