Thames Credit / Stat Demand??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again,

this DCA has been writing letters for past 6 months at approx 1 monthly intervals-The last 2 letters did state that if i did not get in contact then a Stat Demand would be served.

On monday 8th December- i must have ben out as the post man left a card that there was a letter that i needed to sign for ( special delivery)-- I have not yet collected it from the post office but i am 100% certain it is a statutory demand...

I would like to make it clear ( for reasons given in a different posting) that i do not wish to be made bankrupt( without my current job- i personally would n't mind as nothing else left to lose)--

Thetrefore i cannot afford for this stat demand to turn into a bankruptcy.

Some further info- this is not time barred, they most likely have all signed agreements as it was a loan+ o'draft( business/ Barclays)-

I am not trying to avoid paying anything back but i need to try & set it aside so that i can find a way of agreeing some sort of repayment schedule..

My main 2 questions are :

1. What should i do next with regards to the letter that needs collecting from postoffice
  2. if i enter a dialogue with them asking for time to pay and not dispute any part of the amount claimed- can they then still ignore this and petition for a bankruptcy

1 - I think only you can make this decision....

2 - They could do, but again you never know quite how they will react, they may refuse, but bankruptcy will affect how much they get, and as far as I know. I haven't heard of Thames issuing a stat demand (maybe somebody can put a link up if they have)