PAying wifes mortgage - why not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My now wife (previously girlfriend, but same scenario!) has the mortgage in her name due to my bad credit file. I am however the only source of income.

My wife doesn't work (she stopped working shortly after getting the mortgage, so I pay all my wages into her account, but I wish to take control once again for my own reasons.

The point is, I cant pay the mortgage on her behalf, she has to pay it - why is this? Is there an easy way to transfer the mortgage to me without her selling it to me?

I would just send her the wire monthly but it takes too long as shes with a different ban, and due to icome cant get the same bank as me, nor I due to my credit file!

Catch22 scenario really.

With same day banking any money you transfer to her account should reach it instantly. I presume you want to keep the balance of your money in your own account.

I am not sure why you want to sort this out, but if you are living in the house and paying the mortgage you do acquire part ownership of the house under the rules of equity and trust law. So if you were to separate you would have rights.

Also, I am sure you could transfer the direct debit for the mortgage to your account, but not the actual mortgage.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON