My refund rights????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a phillips 42 inch lcd telly march this year from currys.

2 weeks ago the picture went. After dozens of phonecalls,nobody returning my calls,poor customer service etc,2 engineers coming out to look at the tv they have said they cannot repair it due to not being able to get the part needed so they will send vouchers out to what the current price its selling for.

My question is Do i have to accept the vouchers? What i really want is a refund and have nothing to do with currys ever again!

I'm not sure if you legaly have to accept vouchers, I'll leave that to someone more legaly minded to answer.

All I will say is that, the amount issued on your vouchers is not final. If you find the only 42" TV in the shop matching the exact same, or better spec' of your old one is say.. £800 and you've been issued with £500, they'll upgrade your vouchers over the phone so you can get that TV. Nine times out of ten you'll walk away with a better TV reguardless of your old spec.

I know your upset with the customer service, all I can tell you is some of us do try our best and do bend over backwards to try and help, unfortunately we're let down by the majority who just don't care and a useless call center, who mess in store staff around just as much as customers most of the time.

Edited by Renzokuken

if the tv has been written off by philips under the 1st year garantee you would normally get a exchange for the recept value?

if it has been written off by the techguys because of damage or something along them lines then you would get vouchers for an equal spec tv

• 2 weeks later...

yay i finally have a tv! Its a bit better than the old one.

Now,the old tv still hasnt been picked up! Ive rang and rang to try and organise a collection of the old tv. The "advisor" said to me"why you worried about,you got your vouchers.The tv will be collected at some point". Im not going to ring them anymore,waste my phonebill etc.....

I thought they would of been keen to collect the tv? Its a large tv taking up a bit of space. Can i dispose of it myself after a certain amount of time without getting into trouble?