Just Recieved A Signed Capital One Agreement

sunflower99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They`ve eventually wrote about sending me somepne elses sars in the middle of mine then said it was a error to send 1 letter belonging someone else it wasn`t 1 letter!!! guess work on their part bet they have no idea what they have sent me but said that these things happen and said that they haven`t equally sent my sars to this other person said they hope I accept their explanation beggars belief doesn`t it

Edited by Laura Cooke

That is a gross breach of the Data Protection Act and they can get a big fat fine for that. Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner - you will get the form you have to use on their website - and send the evidence.

They sent me someone else's details too and I reported them to the ICO for DPA breach and their response was similar to "We will remind them of their DPA duties/smack on the hand":eek:

They sent me someone else's details too and I reported them to the ICO for DPA breach and their response was similar to "We will remind them of their DPA duties/smack on the hand":eek:

Not at all suprised at the "So what" response off the ICO all these goverment regulators work hand in glove with each other they forget the are supposed to be looking after the consumers and not the creditors!!! same old story and a complete waste of tax payers money these regulators being set up in the first place to basically do bugger all:mad:

The ICO now has new powers to fine firms for breaches of the DPA up to £500,000. They recently gave both Ruthbridge and Hillesden Hell for searching my credit reports and Hillesden has been in plenty of trouble with them before. It is reported to the OFT and one sweet day a big player is going down - it isn't that far off. Yes, more could be done, but nothing will be done at all if we don't complain and the regulatary authorities aren't the only ones who just sit on their bumbeleerees and let them away with it.

Hi,

Could someone please take a look at my thread; I would value some opinions on my "agreement" which I am certain has been fabricated (even though they have stated that it is a scanned copy of the original agreement). It is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/257494-help-required-capital-one.html#post2910313

Thanks.

Colin

Here are links to my other threads... Please take a look and offer any help you can. Thanks...

1. Legal Action - Cabot Financial (Goldfish Account) ***WON***

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252630-Urgent-Help-Required-With-Disclosure-***WON***&highlight=

2. Legal Action - Set aside application - Marlins/Phoenix

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?265002-Set-aside-of-judgement-(acceptance)-help-needed&highlight=

3. Legal Action - Set Aside Default Judgement -Santander (B & Q Store Card)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?261340-Urgent-Help-required-drafting-defence-for-set-aside-application&highlight

You can make a donation here:

• 1 month later...

Xx

Xx

Xx

xx

06th June 2008

Capital One Services Inc

Trent House

Station Street

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

CC: - Debitas Legal Services (trading name of capital one)

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT OF Harassment

Dear Sirs or Madam,

I am writing in relation to the Harassment from letters and Telephone calls from Debitas Legal Services ( trading name of Capital One Bank ).

•To this date on the letter I have received over 23 phone calls from Debitas Legal Services(trading name of Capital One Bank ), but I have verbal asked them over five times now to stop telephoning and requested communication in writing only.

Below I have listed parts of the letter that I deem to be harassment.

•All your letters keep stating to phone Debitas Legal Services(trading name of Capital One Bank ) when I have stated that I wish no contact via phone on five different phone calls from your company.

•Debitas Legal Services(trading name of Capital One Bank ) have stated in one letter that one of your agents will be calling at my home within the next seven days this was untrue and designed to panic and upset people and I deem this to be Harassment

I am of the view that Debitas Legal Services and Capital one continued harassment is in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.I have enclosed a invoice for the sum of £1,250 for the Harassment by Debitas Legal Services to date.

I will take legal action against Debitas Legal Services and Capital one if the Harassment continues

Yours faithfully,

xxxx

Edited by zonie
  • Haha 1

Blimey I will wait to see the reply to that one, and maybe this is a new tatic we could use on them, send them an invoice everytime they call or write, then threaten them back with doorstep calls or Legal Proceedings....:roll::roll:

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

keefyboy some of the replies are funny,but on a serious note

if you send a letter to stop calling and they do not stop a charge the £50 per text message or call

if any letters are misleading ect ect thats £100 per letter

i use there own letters and calls against them

i update the invoice if needed when replying to a letter to keep it current and add 8% per month if they do not pay.

and If i goes to court the invoice can be used in a counter claim or it is possible to take a DCA to court and even cca against a DCA and its also possible too ask a court for a INSOLVENCY ORDER AGAINST a DCA at the end of the day its just a business.

Xx

Xx

Xx

xx

06th June 2008

Capital One Services Inc

Trent House

Station Street

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

CC: - Debitas Legal Services (trading name of capital one)

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT OF Harassment

Dear Sirs or Madam,

I am writing in relation to the Harassment from letters and Telephone calls from Debitas Legal Services ( trading name of Capital One Bank ).

•To this date on the letter I have received over 23 phone calls from Debitas Legal Services(trading name of Capital One Bank ), but I have verbal asked them over five times now to stop telephoning and requested communication in writing only.

Below I have listed parts of the letter that I deem to be harassment.

•All your letters keep stating to phone Debitas Legal Services(trading name of Capital One Bank ) when I have stated that I wish no contact via phone on five different phone calls from your company.

•Debitas Legal Services(trading name of Capital One Bank ) have stated in one letter that one of your agents will be calling at my home within the next seven days this was untrue and designed to panic and upset people and I deem this to be Harassment

I am of the view that Debitas Legal Services and Capital one continued harassment is in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.I have enclosed a invoice for the sum of £1,250 for the Harassment by Debitas Legal Services to date.

I will take legal action against Debitas Legal Services and Capital one if the Harassment continues

Yours faithfully,

xxxx

Lol! A great idea! Will be interesting to see crapital ones reply!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Subbing since I've received the same excuse for a CCA in page 1!

Welcome to the Cag Crapital fan club Drederick Tatum!:D I hope you find my thread useful and a help in fighting them off!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Blimey I will wait to see the reply to that one, and maybe this is a new tatic we could use on them, send them an invoice everytime they call or write, then threaten them back with doorstep calls or Legal Proceedings....:roll::roll:

I did exactly this with BOS. I gave them 2 days after receipt of my letter to ensure our number was taken off their system, and told them if we had calls after this date I would charge them at £5 a call, regardless of if I picked up or not (my version of 'valid even if not read by you':D)

After they carried on calling I duly sent an invoice for £40 odd, and they wrote back saying that as they had not signed a contract with OH (this was done on OH's behalf) allowing him to do this they did not need to pay. Funny that, seeing as he didn't sign a contract with them allowing them to request money from him either.

When I pointed this little gem out to them they went very quiet on the matter and the phone calls stopped:D

Peace and quiet - cost of a letter

Getting the bank to argue my point for me - priceless

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Have to be honest, it wasn't a tactic - I didn't expect them to be dense enough to use my argument as a reason for them not to pay!!

It's nice to have that letter as back-up though in case they do decide to be a bit dozy and take OH to court.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Gazza, I have started a thread of your own.. will send you a link in a few moments.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D