Just Recieved A Signed Capital One Agreement

sunflower99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sunflower,

Debitas have been very quiet this week. I told the last one on Monday or Tuesday night that I was going to complain about harassment and didn't think they would take a blind bit of notice but they have been quiet ever since. I think guidelines say they can call once every 72 hours so they'll probably be back on again tomorrow.

Another tip for insomnia which I didn't think would work but it does:

Imagine yourself in a supermarket, and then think of everything red that you can find in there. Start with fruit, then veg, then jams, then labels on things, flowers, edam cheese rind, packaging for various things - you'll be amazed how much stuff there is that is red and then you'll be asleep...zzzzzzzzzz

DDxx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, just subbed to this thread and will be following, am currently awaiting my CCA from crap one via Lowells, so im really looking forward to what surprise they will send me :D

Hi misdpd

I bet you cant wait to see what Crap one comes up with for you after seeing all their examples of bog paper they send us!:DWelcome to CAG!:)

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I beat the lot of you - from CrapOne I have had the Director of Recoveries and - wait for it! - the VICE PRESIDENT OF COLLECTIONS!!:?: I laughed out loud at that one!

hmph... :razz:

DD, that sounds like a pretty neat idea to cope with insomnia:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Huh!! How come you lot are all getting people with REAL Titles? I'm still just on 'account manager' (various).

Citizen B - it really does work. I'd do an 'Insomnia' thread for the Bear Garden, but whenever I post anything it never seems to make it to 'New Posts'. Slick has been trying to help but I am really dippy when it comes to IT. (I have read the Dummies guide - obviously too dumb even for that!)

If you want to start the 'Insomnia' thread, please do and I'll add to it. I have one or two others too.

Sleep well.

DD

Hi all!

Ive sent a letter to Crap one asking if they can set up an appointmet for me to go to their office and view their alleged CCa!so now im just waiting for a confirmation from them when i go and view it!:DIt will be a nice day out!Quite looking forward to it as me and OH have not had a nice outing out for a while i am not sure whether they will want me to go to London or Nottingham yet as they have offices in both places.!But as weve never been to Nottingham it will be quite nice to visit it and view my Crap One alleged agreement at same time!but London will be equally as nice to visit! as we have not been there for a while !Shame its to cold to take a picnic!i am really loooking forward to having a nice day out as me and OH have not had a nice day out for ages!Just waiting for reply from Crapital One for confirmation when we can come over to their office to look at my alleged agreement:Di suppose if all the Crap one fan club people on this thread requested an appointment to look at their alleged CCA perhaps we could all arrange to come over on same day and hire a few coaches!:DIt would be a nice day out for us and would be a nice CAG meet up for all us in the Crap One fan club!Just an idea!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

OMG!!! Capital One are going to let us view the agreements? A pig just flew past my window.

How wonderful to start the day with such a laugh :D:D

Well, I'm up for it if the date fits.

My day started with a letter from Debitas - first yawn of the day. It is my final warning and they are going to sell my debt on. As we know only too well Debitas LEGAL Services pay no attention to the law. They can't sell it on as it is in dispute.

I will reply to Mr Greg Mrr-whatever - you know the one, haven't got my letter in front of me - and capone who haven't answered my account in dispute letter, and try and make an appointment to see my agreement too. In fact, why don't we all write to them this week and ask for appointments?

DD

Hi Desperate Daniella!

Great so you are up for an outing as well! I will bring the wine!We can have a nice little party outside their office!:DNow i really must get of this pc i promised OH id get some dinner!:eek:

DD, make sure you send any letters recorded, they sent P2C knocking on my door because debitarse had 'lost contact' with me, good job I recorded six letters to debitarse to prove otherwise.

You can imagine the contents of a letter I sent both debitarse & P2C in response to P2C's 'visit'.

Beachy

Hi Sunflower

I am just beginning my battle with Crap One, but what they have sent in reply to my CCA request is the same as they sent you.

Have you had a look at the barcodes, please have a read of my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/178144-cap-one-agreement-i.html

Your opinion would be much appreciated

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

Beachy - thanks for the reminder. Unbelievable. I'll put the bit about no right to turn up without an appointment in my letter. Actually re. Mercers P2C letter I got last week, I have already sent them an email telling them they cannot visit without an appointment so thankfully I have a record of that.

Nosnibor,

That is really observant.

All I have got from them is the top of an application form without their address or any other contact details. Clearly they sent it to me because it asks if my name and address are correct. There is a barcode on the right.

Then nothing at all until the second third which has a signature box.

I expect your signature boxes are the same - reference to 23, and so on.

BIG ARROW telling me to "simply sign" and return in the freepost envelope.

Then NOTHING until the bottom of the page where there is a totally different barcode.

I think, and really hope, you are on to something here. Well spotted. I hadn't even looked at the barcodes so I am really impressed.

DD

Hi nosnibor and Desperate Daniella!When i saw this query i asked Zazen warriors about theirs Zazen warrior says their bar codes are diffferent as well but in their case i believe his or her agreement is an untampered with one which crapital one sent in earlier days before they fully realised the impact of not having a proper agreement!so makes me wonder now if the different bar codes do not mean anything im afraid!Though it would have been great if they had! now if Zazen warrior had had the same bar codes that would have made it more likely that there had been tampering going on ours! However still does not rule out the fact that our agreements have been fudged up but not sure the different bar codes are evidence!However the absense of all the proper prescribed terms on the alleged back of document even if there was a remote chance that that page was on back ive been told would still render the alleged agreement unenforceable:D

still you never know Zazen warriors might have been fudged up as well though ! so you never know different bar codes still might mean something but there is also a chance that they still just refer to different parts of same agreement but would be lovely if it is a sign that agrement been fudged up!

post removed! as it was duplicated by mistake!

Another interesting point just brought up on nosnibors thread is that someone pointed out that Crap One representative signature on nosnibors agreement does not look right and could have been added on after document copied!they pointed out that it looked too black against background of rest of document and resolution looked different or something though i am not a expert on this and just quoting this person.but looking at Crap ones signature on mine if i am right it does look a a bit out of place to rest of document! and very black against background of document and different resolution though the fact that they used a black felt tip pen in mine might explain it and i am no expert probably just clutching at straws in an enthuiastic attempt to throw another spanner at my alleged Crap One agreement!:)

Sunflower, have spoken to OH on the jellybone, just phoned me back to say that both ours have totally different numbers top & bottom, also all their letters have different barcode numbers top & bottom - so I think we're grabbing at straws on this one. :Cry:

Hi Beachy!

Yes that is a shame but when i found that Zazen warriors had different bar codes as well and in their case as their application form seems not to be fudged up probably means that different bar codes dont mean anything just refer to different parts of the application form.Still worth investigating and if Zazen warriers bar codes had been the same it would have been worth looking into!:(

Another interesting point just brought up on nosnibors thread is that someone pointed out that Crap One representative signature on nosnibors agreement does not look right and could have been added on after document copied!they pointed out that it looked too black against background of rest of document and resolution looked different or something though i am not a expert on this and just quoting this person.but looking at Crap ones signature on mine if i am right it does look a a bit out of place to rest of document! and very black against background of document and different resolution though the fact that they used a black felt tip pen in mine might explain it and i am no expert probably just clutching at straws in an enthuiastic attempt to throw another spanner at my alleged Crap One agreement!:)

Sunflower, if you are sure that the signature has been added on to a photocopy you could test it out. Damp a cottonwool bud and just dab it on the signature.. if it has been added after photocopying then the ink will come off :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think the relevant point with Cap1 is ,why, if they have an enforceable agreement, don't they just send you a true copy of it.

Seems reasonable to me because then you'd say ooops, better pay this one. Unless of course, they're agreement is junk and they know it.

David

Sunflower, if you are sure that the signature has been added on to a photocopy you could test it out. Damp a cottonwool bud and just dab it on the signature.. if it has been added after photocopying then the ink will come off :)

Hi CitazenB

surely Crapital one would not be so stupid!:)it must be some copy and paste job though! as I can beleive a member of their staff would be so stupid! but on nosinbors thread somebody has illustrated this point by blowing up Craps one signature and printing on background and the signature is clearly a higher resolution than the backgrouund printing Though i am not an expert on this sort of thing so may be clutching at straws!But noooooooooo crapital one would not be so stupid! or would they?:D

I think the relevant point with Cap1 is ,why, if they have an enforceable agreement, don't they just send you a true copy of it.

Seems reasonable to me because then you'd say ooops, better pay this one. Unless of course, they're agreement is junk and they know it.

David

Hi David!

yes im sure they will take up my suggestion as they are so sure they got an enforceable one! as they keep threatening me and defaulted me!:D and insisting they got one so surely they must realise this is the best way foward!and the account dispute will end as you say! Do you want to join me 'Desperate Daniella,and Beachy on a nice little trip to their head office to look at our alledged agreements:DI am sure Crap one will be very happy too prove they got enforceables ones and stop us putting our crap one alleged agreements in dispute!As Desperate Daniella says Pigs might fly!:D

Hi Sunflower

Seems there are a number of us who have received the same “agreements” from Crap One. What we need is to find out exactly where we all stand and I think the best way to do this is for someone to call there bluff.

As I have stated on my thread my situation is such that even if they went to court and won I would be no worse off, with that in mind I am happy to act as the guinea pig.

I will write to them stating that I doubt the validity of these documents, that I will not pay them a brass farthing and if they want to take the matter to court the had better get on with it

I will draft a letter and post it to get other’s input before I send it, but that will have to wait until tomorrow as I am off out for a pint

Nosnibor:)

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

I told them last August to take me to court - they haven't .

With Debitarse threat-o-grams I have twice asked for a copy of my orginal signed agreement under pre action court procedures - never got a reply.

Soooooo speaks volumes of the enforceability of these 'agreements'

Beachy