Just Recieved A Signed Capital One Agreement

sunflower99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well you can have any of these: Prejudice aginst debtors, lack of clear understanding of the acts, vested interests, lack of clear direction, inertia, downright lazyness................

David

Yes i am now wondering if it would be a serious waste of time complaining to them as like David and others says it seems a complete waste of time especially FOS!,Time seeems more profitably spent sending letters back to show DCAs that you can not be walked all over and learning and reading as much as we can on these threads so we are well armed against these DCAs bulllying tacics and any action taken against us!It could even work against you if complain to FOS and they do not uphold your compliant just saying its outside their remit and like other people say gives DCAS something to crow about! i heard somewhere that they dont even automatically get charged £450 for investigation like some people seem to think i think they have to have had several uphold compliants by same person or something like that!! Well thats what i came across on another thread !Though i may be wrong!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Sunflower, I think you are correct in that the charges for investigating by the FOS are not immediate. There has to have been more than one complaint about the same company. Not necessarily from the same person. :D

However, I would be more than surprised if the likes of MBNA , Capital One, HSBC etc arent paying on a regular basis. :rolleyes: You would only have to add up the number of threads in the different bank forums to know that more than one complaint has surely been made against nearly all of them.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Actually I just threatened Debitas this evening. I said if they ever called me again while the account was in dispute I would report them to FOS, OFT, the world, etc.

Got told again they had sent the agreement two months ago. "No - that was just my name and address under the words 'Application form' and a signature box referring to 23 overleaf". Could I ring Capone? She would give me the number. "No, I can't. I've already spoken to dozens of people at Capone, Debitas, sent letters, and so on." She's going to ask someone to send the agreement.

What gets me here is that there must be dozens, if not hundreds, of us all having these conversations with Capone and saying we're not going to pay, account in dispute, etc., and clearly we are all being quite firm with them, and quoting CCA 1974, etc., so why on earth are they still calling? Can they seriously expect us to say anything different? "Okay, I've told you 15 times already that this account is in dispute but, Hey, why don't I pay you something on my debit card after all?" Absolutely barking.

DD

• Haha 1

What gets me here is that there must be dozens, if not hundreds, of us all having these conversations with Capone and saying we're not going to pay, account in dispute, etc., and clearly we are all being quite firm with them, and quoting CCA 1974, etc., so why on earth are they still calling? Can they seriously expect us to say anything different? "Okay, I've told you 15 times already that this account is in dispute but, Hey, why don't I pay you something on my debit card after all?" Absolutely barking.

This is so true it's almost not funny!

It's not with cap1, but yesterday we had 5 calls from BOS who have sent a completely unenforceable application form under the CCA request (3 times actually as I keep complaining:)) Each time they were told not to phone, OH doesn't discuss financial matters on the phone. As you say DD, what the hell are they thinking you're going to do? Suddenly decide you'd like nothing better than to chat with a moron about paying money they're not entitled to ask for? Sheesh.

At least in the phone call this morning the woman had a modicum of sense and said she'd hold calls for 10 days, but that was all she could do. I did suggest that she might like to add a note to the effect that when the calls started again we would be having this exact same conversation:)

Just to add into the Cap1 fan club, I've been sent a blank agreement in response to my CCA request. I've only got as far as informing them it's not enforceable, but then being told that this complies with the CCA and is enforceable. I've been a bit lax over Christmas though and not told them to send me something that actually is enforceable yet. I'll be in there soon though:D

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Just realised I've managed to get 'enforceable' into that last paragraph 3 times. Is that a record for overuse of a word?:D

I worry about you sometimes lexis ;):D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

so why on earth are they still calling? Can they seriously expect us to say anything different? "Okay, I've told you 15 times already that this account is in dispute but, Hey, why don't I pay you something on my debit card after all?" Absolutely barking.

Well, most DCA's I have dealt with don't seem to have a plan other than 'scare them into paying' and their computer systems carry on regardless.

If you think about it, if a DCA is acting on behalf of an O/C, that's all they can do as THEY HAVE NO POWERS WHATSOEVER. Only the O/C can take action.

All that happens is eventually the DCA's stops wasting time on it and sends it back, then off it goes to another one.

David

Hi Sunflower, David, and everyone else.

I know this is your thread Sunflower, but it may be of interest to a number of people here - yours is after all the site where people are signing up! (Must be the Debitas laugh-ins!)

Question: How many times has anyone waited/ or should we wait / for a proper signed agreement? I know we can reply when they haven't sent the proper CCA within 12+2, or send unacceptable rubbish, but because of Christmas I am way behind on that and I have asked three times for the signed CCA. First time got current terms and conditions, second and third time got signature box and nothing else. They have obviously cut the signature box from somewhere - or did they just keep the signature box as that is all they have sent? If they have got the rest and not just the signature box they keep sending they must know it is unenforceable.

Just starting my ' You don't have an enforceable agreement' letters and want to send this to Capone, but they are so incompetent they may of course have a proper agreement, although I can't believe if they actually have they wouldn't have grabbed the first opportunity to send it. Why just send the signature box if they have anything else worthwhile?

Any thoughts?

Sunflower, I thought I saw a posting from you a couple of days ago on another thread at about 3.00 a.m. I know it's tempting if you can't sleep to go online, but I'm not doing it. Even Slick and I close down at about 12.30!! - I think we are both serious nightowls.

I have terrible insomnia - as I am sure so many of us do here - and just before Christmas I read a tip on 'top tips for girls' which said that we can only hold one thought in our minds at any one time, and of course that is absolutely right. I always wake up at about 3.00 a.m. I used to lie there worrying about it all until dawn, then I read the tip. I don't do that any more - I start reading. You need a thriller, detective, ideally, but Joanna Trollope, Mary Wesley (if you don't want anything too gory), anything will do, provided you are interested in the story. It's not a question of boring you to sleep, and you don't want to concentrate too hard, so serious stuff won't work. You may still be awake for an hour or more, but you'll start to feel sleepy and you will go to sleep. Better to read a book than lie there worrying.

Lots of love,

DD

DD xxx

• Haha 1

I was told by a girl at the Collections bit of Cap One this evening, after listing my complaints, that this is why they are 'not requesting payment' and 'understand why I am not making payment' :cool:

So I think some of them are getting pretty worn down by all the complaints :D

That sounds like the sweet one who once said she hoped I would have "a nice day", not one of the sour old grumps. :) I hope they are getting the message.

I saw on the 'Cheekiness towards a DCA" thread that several people were saying something like, "Oh, there goes a bumble bee." in the middle of the conversations with capone/debitas/or whatever DCA. Maybe we should co-ordinate this so that everyone who has contact with them on a particular day has to use a certain phrase in the conversation - eg. bumblebee, or "isn't it absolutely boiling today" (in midwinter when it's -1), or whatever. Just a thought.

DD

I love how when you demand to be escalated to a supervisor they say:

'I am the account manager'

Wow, have you been promoted? What's happened to Isha, Balakash, Rona, Puljama... etc etc...

I feel honoured... I have about 12 managers on my account :D

I love how when you demand to be escalated to a supervisor they say:

'I am the account manager'

Wow, have you been promoted? What's happened to Isha, Balakash, Rona, Puljama... etc etc...

I feel honoured... I have about 12 managers on my account :D

I have six Heads of Customer Service with MBNA - do they beat account managers?

I was wondering how many you need to get the full set, and do we win a prize when we collect the lot?:D

Chief Operations Officer,

Head of Customer Services

Chief Executive of Customer Satisfaction

You are TRUMPED lexis :p

Seriously, Daniella. If they havent provided a copy of a compliant agreement after 3 or 4 attempts then they are unlikely to cave in.. no matter how many well scripted letters you send them.

Personally, I would wait until either they or one of their Agents sends a letter threatening litigation or as in Lexis case, where they threatened to remove the batteries from her remote control... then hit them with a letter similar to that in post 58 on Lexis' BOS thread.

BCOBS

Chief Operations Officer,

Head of Customer Services

Chief Executive of Customer Satisfaction

You are TRUMPED lexis tongue2.gif

I beat the lot of you - from CrapOne I have had the Director of Recoveries and - wait for it! - the VICE PRESIDENT OF COLLECTIONS!!question.gif I laughed out loud at that one!

Doh! I hang my head in shame with my measly 6 Heads of Customer Assistance and one VP:(

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi Sun flower & other CAGers.

I feel humbled to consider myself a little cog in the Crap 1 wheel of s**t and apologise for hijacking you thread to ask if anyone could quickley run their eyes over my thread on CCA from Crap 1 to put my mind at rest? Having just read through this thread Sunflower you have asked almost all the questions I would ask with regards to the supposed CCA agreement sent by Crap 1. However my t&c s show an annual fee of £18 and different interest values & APR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/177695-cap-1-cca-enforceable.html

the original agreement was taken out in 2002 and I dont have any statements from this time.

Once again sorry for the hijack but would really appreciate some feedback

ive only got executive office manager!The infamous Ellie Renshaw! Though there are allegations going round this forum that she does not actually exist:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Sunflower, David, and everyone else.

Sunflower, I thought I saw a posting from you a couple of days ago on another thread at about 3.00 a.m. I know it's tempting if you can't sleep to go online, but I'm not doing it. Even Slick and I close down at about 12.30!! - I think we are both serious nightowls.

I have terrible insomnia - as I am sure so many of us do here - and just before Christmas I read a tip on 'top tips for girls' which said that we can only hold one thought in our minds at any one time, and of course that is absolutely right. I always wake up at about 3.00 a.m. I used to lie there worrying about it all until dawn, then I read the tip. I don't do that any more - I start reading. You need a thriller, detective, ideally, but Joanna Trollope, Mary Wesley (if you don't want anything too gory), anything will do, provided you are interested in the story. It's not a question of boring you to sleep, and you don't want to concentrate too hard, so serious stuff won't work. You may still be awake for an hour or more, but you'll start to feel sleepy and you will go to sleep. Better to read a book than lie there worrying.

Lots of love,

DD

DD xxx

Hi Desperate Daniella!

You are very observant!Yes i do tend to wake in early hours of morning sometimes unable to sleep!and have a bad habbit of switching on computer as soon as i get up.sometimes i try and relax by watching a light comedy or film on tv sitting in comfortable armchair with a nice cosy hotwiter bottle at my back and blanket over me with a nice glass of wine or s,herry and find i usually drift of to sleep in chair.Trouble is a soon as i start get relaxed and just drifting of to sleep it is time to get up to go to work! luv from Sunflower xxx:)

Hi all!sorry ive not been on this thread much over last few days and hope you dont think i was being rude!Just ive been quite busy in my battles with Crapital One and MBNA this week responding to more of their threatograms! I dont think my Debitarse men love me anymore:(I have not had any phonecalls from this week!I am quite begginning to miss them and not being able wind them up!Perhaps banks are starting to cut down on hours DCA threat monkeys work!because they can not afford them! Well we can all hope!:D

Edited by sunflower99

Hi Sun flower & other CAGers.

I feel humbled to consider myself a little cog in the Crap 1 wheel of s**t and apologise for hijacking you thread to ask if anyone could quickley run their eyes over my thread on CCA from Crap 1 to put my mind at rest? Having just read through this thread Sunflower you have asked almost all the questions I would ask with regards to the supposed CCA agreement sent by Crap 1. However my t&c s show an annual fee of £18 and different interest values & APR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/177695-cap-1-cca-enforceable.html

the original agreement was taken out in 2002 and I dont have any statements from this time.

Once again sorry for the hijack but would really appreciate some feedback

Hi Flintstones!

Dont worry!Everyone welcome on my thread and you can ask what you want!! it is great that people get help friendhip and moral support from this thread!and i am glad my thread helped you as well.:)