Just Recieved A Signed Capital One Agreement

sunflower99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sunflower

Sorry not been intouch, had problems with my server just got it back up and running. Hope you had a great Christmas, saying that i see your still receiving letters from these people asking for money. Had a couple of phone calls from these people and a couple of nice letters i'll get them posted up stating like every other Credit card company they have supplied the correct CCA's i asked for. I'll get them posted up on my threads and let you look at them.

Gaz

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, didn't mean noomill, meant Citizen B!!! Sorry CB

DD

No problem DD, I have been called many things and answer to most :cool::D

Don't you just love it.

Can I suggest you add to the fun by introducing a low 'chuckle' when they start getting uppity. As they get more irate this should develope through giggles into a full blown laugh. The results are worth the effort!!

David

I like this one :D:D

Got an odd letter from Cap 1 today:

"I am writing to advise you that Capital One are dealing with your account.

It is important that you continue making payments to your account. Payments should be made directly to Capital One unless otherwise notified.

You have two payment options for clearing this debt. It is important that you take one of these steps today."

etc, etc.

Not exactly joined up writing.

I don't get the plot either, as the account has been with them for seven years and I haven't paid a bean in ten months.

Don't think they rate a gold star.

David

Ah, isnt that nice.. they give you 2 options to pay.. but they have only one option that will allow them to collect. :D

Sunflower, next time you feel the urge to write to the DCAs, add a paragraph that states you have problem hearing people on the telephone.:D You dont necessarily have to have poor hearing. I find it difficult sometimes to understand people who are calling from overseas call centres. Those callers (DCAs) who get themselves into a tizzy are also hard to understand.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I thought about trying the deaf old lady routine next time!say to him sorry i cant hear you dearie! i must turn my hearing aid up! LOL and keep saying pardon!See how long he stays patient!:grin:

I inadvertently wound up DCRI, (MBNA with another hat on), last night.

O/H handed me the phone and said it was DBI, the pet insurers who we did have an issue with fairly recently. When I cottoned on, I managed to keep the cross-purpose conversation going until finally the woman asked who 'Sasha' was.:D

Sasha is a Labrador.

David

Hi Gazza!

Lovely to see you back!i missed the laughs we had over our horrible banks we share! Sorry you have been having server problems and glad you got them sorted.i hope you had a lovely christmas too i had a nice christmas and manged to forget about DCAS for a little while.Yes Debitarse still ringing me most evenings!:eek:It sounds like they still plaguing you too!Ive made it a new year resolution to make these DCA lives even more difficult!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I inadvertently wound up DCRI, (MBNA with another hat on), last night.

O/H handed me the phone and said it was DBI, the pet insurers who we did have an issue with fairly recently. When I cottoned on, I managed to keep the cross-purpose conversation going until finally the woman asked who 'Sasha' was.:D

Sasha is a Labrador.

David

Hi David!

Glad you still managing to wind them up! Debitarse seem to be giving me a rest last couple of evenings!I have not heard from last couple of days!Was it something i said!:DI think i must have upset my debitarse man! :D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi CitazenB

yes i do often find it difficult to understand some of the oversea calls DCAs and they can not always understand me! A lot of the time a lot of the conversation consists of pardon pardon pardon!Though sometimes i suspect they pretend to misunderstand me on purpose! when i start saying commmunication in writing please! :D

Sunflower,

I think I missed a couple of calls from Debitas yesterday. Oh dear!!! This evening I had one from a right old grumpy number - Not "Miss have a nice day" at all. It was a very quick conversation:

"Can I speak to Desperate Daniella, please?"

"Speaking."

"I need to take you through security."

"No, before you do that I need to ask you a question."

"If you don't go through security I cannot continue with this call."

"Okay then."

And she hung up.

Maybe her colleagues have told her the question I ask is whether they are familiar with CCA 1974? But if they do know that, why would they continue to get these clueless idiots to call? Yet another puzzle from Planet Capone.

DD

Hi Sunflower,

Posted this earlier but it obviously got lost in the ether.

Call from Old Grump at Debitas today. Not "Miss have a nice day" at all.

Conversation went as follows:

"May I speak to Desperate Daniella, please?"

"Speaking."

"I need to take you through security."

"No, I need to ask you a question first."

"If you won't to through security I have to end this call."

"Okay then."

And she hung up.

First I wondered why they were calling again when I had already said that if anyone from Capone wanted to speak to me they should be familiar with CCA 1974. Then I remembered that the auto dial-up just allocates the calls, and they only get your file in front of them when they are connected and use the security bit to read the info. I assume she must have read the bit about being familiar with CCA 1974. Just goes to show though that regardless of what I have said they just keep putting my number back in the dial-up. Do they think they are going to get a different response? What planet are they on?

DD

Capital One's Station Street address is right next to the Benefits Agency and just round the corner from the Job Centre. How handy is that for the staff?;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

very especially after i have finished with them.

cap one have lost my money.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Let's face it, Beachy, we are all in this horrible situation but I think it makes you feel a lot better if you can have a giggle about Capital One.

I have other cards which worry me, but clearly Capone are having a hard time finding any agreements which appear to be enforceable and the more of us who challenge them on the phone, or laugh, and don't give into the threats the better. Let's face it, they are still spending their time bullying loads of poor people who aren't lucky enough to have found CAG, and the great support we get here. However, since the Panorama programme which made me start to look at my agreements (and probably lots of other people too), they must be getting worried by the number of challenges.

Before I joined CAG I was so frightened of them. I think we are all a bit mad on Sunflower's thread, so please join in with your own personal favourite phone conversations with Capone!!!!

I'm on your thread too.

Good luck,

DD

Let's face it, Beachy, we are all in this horrible situation but I think it makes you feel a lot better if you can have a giggle about Capital One.

I have other cards which worry me, but clearly Capone are having a hard time finding any agreements which appear to be enforceable and the more of us who challenge them on the phone, or laugh, and don't give into the threats the better. Let's face it, they are still spending their time bullying loads of poor people who aren't lucky enough to have found CAG, and the great support we get here. However, since the Panorama programme which made me start to look at my agreements (and probably lots of other people too), they must be getting worried by the number of challenges.

Before I joined CAG I was so frightened of them. I think we are all a bit mad on Sunflower's thread, so please join in with your own personal favourite phone conversations with Capone!!!!

I'm on your thread too.

Good luck,

DD

Hi Desperate Daniella!

Well said! As you say though we are all in a grim situation with Debt problems it makes things more bearable if you can have a laugh sometimes and retain a sense of humour in life as it is the main thing that keeps us sane and helps us cope!Thanks again for all your help and helping through a bad spot !:)

Subscribing

So this is where the Capone Fan Club hang out.

Supporting you all 100%

Beachy

Hi Beachy!

Nice to see you on my thread!Yes youve found the mad Crapital One thread!:D

Hi everyone!

Nothing to report at moment! Debitarse seem to have given up on phonecalls at moment!The phone for a change has been very quiet!so did not get a chance to do the deaf routine!it does make me smile though thinking about all these DCAs having more and more people get wise to their tactics and realise they dont have to put up with being bullied on their own telephones thanks to CAG and that panarama programme!:Dthey must get very fed up when person after person takes CAG advice and says Communication in writing or wind them up on the phone!so they spend all day making fruitless phonecalls not getting any bonuses!I expect they feel very stressed out by the end of their shift! Serves them right for taking a job like that in first place!I dont know how they can live with themselves knowing that their actions have propably contributed to people commiting suicide who were not lucky enough to find this site and making others peoples lives a misery.

Hi DD,

Seem to be quite a club growing, good to see everyone supporting each other.

Don't know what we would have done without CAG.

Beachy :lol:

yes thats what CAG is all about!Knowing we are not alone and being there for each other:-(

Capital One's Station Street address is right next to the Benefits Agency and just round the corner from the Job Centre. How handy is that for the staff?;)

Hi Sosumi!

I reckon even more of them will need that job centre as more and more people refuse to have any dealings with DCAs on the telephone thanks to CAG.If eveyone did what we do to the DCAS at call centres! Call centres would soon be out of business!:D

Public awareness to CAG is what we need.

Exactly!!

If you think about it, the reason that DCA's remain so utterly usless is obvious - they don't need to be any better.

They employ spotty little morons, to dish out dish out threats and abuse and probably better than 90% of people pay them at least something, it's as simple as that.

The only thing that will stop these vultures is when enough people are aware of their rights, so that it no longer becomes cost effective.

David

as another member of the C*apital One dodgy CCA document club was wondering what the role of the FOS would actually be regarding the document validity. Am I right in assuming they would not even look at any complaint about prescribed terms or anything because they'd say it's for a court? (asking because have an FOS 'handler' but have not made any complaint about the 'dodgy' cca other than it not being a 'real' one (the limit of my abilities!). Case is still open so could add stuff I suppose? If you were in communication with FOS on this document what would you want saying to them? (I can always add to my complaint it seems whilst it is still open!).

The FOS have said they won;t look into phone call harassment etc (say it's not their remit) BUT then again they managed to arrange for the calls to stop for now so that's really them fibbing isn't it.

Sorry not meaning to intrude but 'same boat' and all that...........

I think any input is welcome.

I can't understand why we have these bodies that are supposed to be there to protect the consumer, yet when we complain they don't want to know.

Edited by beachcomber60
Spelling & grammer (bleeding iPhone!)

I can't understand why we have these bodies that are supposed to be there to protect the consumer, yet when we complain they don't want to know.

Well you can have any of these: Prejudice aginst debtors, lack of clear understanding of the acts, vested interests, lack of clear direction, inertia, downright lazyness................

David

• Haha 1

Oh please can we start running these companys?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.