Loonychoons V Nationwide

Loonychoons
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent my standard DP letter off (with manual intervention bit) and received a response stating the statements would be sent to my local branch (helpfully it didn't state what Nationwide considers to be my local branch lol).

As I closed the account last year and have moved, they won't send them to my home but that's ok. They did cash my £10 checque though.

I'm slightly concerned about this paragraph in the letter though:

Should you require all information Nationwide holds on this account or any others you may have, please let me know in writing quoting the relevant account numbers.

Hello?? Did I not just do that? I asked for a list of charges and any manual intervention. I assume this is a stalling tactic but do I actually have to respond in writing given I've already done this? And can I email?

Any advice gratefully received :)

Loonster

don't panic it just means if you require any other information they hold on you other than your bank statements. not quite sure what information but i think its a standard reply.

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

Thanks. But if they just send me statements I won't have any idea if they're claiming manual intervention? Or are Nationwide not trying to pull that one? I don't imagine for one second they had to intervene for a single one of the charges but it could waste a bit more time.

hi, if its anything like i had they just sent me a copy of every statement for the last six years (all nicely bound) and with a standard letter about manual intervention. i just ignored the letter to be honest and claimed my charges and interest. i don't think nationwide are claiming manual intervention in any cases. its all done by computer so they have no grounds for that!!! good luck with your claim

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

had a bit of a problem because they said they didn't receive my postal order but about two weeks, i think they are taking a bit longer now because of so many requests but it should be soon!! patience my friend!!!

oooeee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right! Time for an update!

Following all the advice on this webiste I'm now at the Moneyclaim stage. Nationwide immediately stated they were going to defend and I see that the status of my claim is "Defence" on the Moneyclaim website. They have until 24th October to enter a defence.

Nationwide were awfully quick to defend, I think they do it as standard but am just slightly concerned that I made a mistake somewhere in my claim and they found a loophole. I closed my account last year so they don't have anything to lose...

keep checking your account the cash is being counted as you speak....give it a few days and you will be rewarded.

I got a full payout last Sat but didn't find out til Monday when I chaecked my account. This morning in the post I got a letter from the court saying they were going to defend!!!!!

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Loonychoons, I'm in a similar position to you though my claim on moneyclaim still says acknowledged - am terrified that I've made a mistake, I've also got a closed account with the Nationwide and so have nothing to lose.

Hope your money comes through soon, should be any day now with any luck!

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

hi, I think I can remember a previous thread where someone was waiting for a cheque and when they called up Nationwide explained there had been an admin errer and the cash was paid into the closed account.

I is worth a quick call to the number on Deborah Deborahs letter just to check.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I think it's unlikely that they've paid it into your account but haven't written to you to say that they're going to pay up (Forgive me if they have sent you this letter, but i didn't see it mentioned above), Debt Mountain is right though, they have said to people that they'll pay and no cheque arrives and the money turns out to be in the closed account.

Let me know how your phone call goes, I'm watching with interest as my claim with nationwide is also now saying "Defence" and I can take no further action on Moneyclaim online.

Barclays

Nationwide

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

GE Capital

Barclaycard

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

My letter from Nationwide with the cheques in it got "lost in the post" - however, I got a court response saying that Nationwide's defence was that they had already paid.

As I had heard nothing from Nationwide regarding this payment I called and left Charles Bacon a voicemail and sent him an email, next day I got a call from someone in their customer services team to sort it out. They then sent me the cheques. I am waiting for them to clear before I cancel my MCOL.

Barclays

Nationwide

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

GE Capital

Barclaycard

Hmmmm. My MCOL was placed before you and I've heard nothing - no letter saying they are paying (or not), other than the court docs. It runs out on Sun 29th (from the date deemed served, although the Nationwide response is dated before that date)

I didn't phone as I haven't had any contact saying they would be paying. Do you think I should email Charles Bacon??

Btw - Congrats!!!:p

Ok, this is a bit odd. I haven't heard anything since I received the Acknowledgement of Service docs from the court over a month ago. The Moneyclaim deadline from date served is Sunday 29th October. So in theory they default tomorrrow, right? And I should be able to take further action on this tomorrow (or I suppose Monday at the latest??)

I would have thought that if they had entered a defence the court would have sent something thru to me?

The account has been closed over a year incidentally...

Apparently Nationwide are defending and lodged it with the court on 5th October but I never received a copy.

Is it likely I've missed a deadline here? I haven't had anything from anyone. And why are they defending?? Have I done something wrong in my claim?? Aaaargh!!

they defend every single action against them and have usually paid out by the time the paperwork is sent to notify you. I wouldn't worry too much it may have something to do with the fact that your account is closed - they have paid money into closed accounts before. What not give the people at MCOL a call and ask for advice?

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Thanks, I did call them and that's how I know they lodged a defence on 5th October but the court hasn't sent out an Allocation Questionnaire which I'm supposed to complete and return within 7 days.

So this could seriously prejudice my claim, unless the defence was that they intended to pay, in which case why haven't they?

I'm waiting to hear from the court, they're phoning me back, but would appreciate any other input from others?