• Tweets

• Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
    • If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCA sent recorded - no information online

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted two letters out last Thursday and sent them both recorded delivery.

One of them was a bank charges letter, the other my CCA for Credit Solutions.

The bank charges letter was received, but apparently Royal Mail have no information on the other letter yet (typically the most important one :rolleyes:) and they say information will appear online when it's been delivered.

I have emailed Royal Mail, but if I keep getting this error message I'll have to assume that they have either lost it, or CSL have refused it.

What's your advice? To just leave it and see what CSL do?

This is an old debt that I have been paying off for goodness knows how long, and my CCA (if anyone has it) would be about 10 yrs old now.

Edited by ***inca***
Typo

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Crapital One: Low monthly payments accepted - Paid

Inca V HSBC (Charges): WON - Charge reversed.

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's Nan V Saga Card: Utter *****!! Low payments eventually accepted

Inca's Nan V MBNA: Low payments accepted

Inca's sister V Moorcroft: WON. Low payments accepted.

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

I'm new here so I'd wait for someone else to come along but what I would personally do would be to re-send the CCA request via recorded delivery - if the 15 working days Royal Mail say is their threshhold for claiming back on lost post is up then also send off the claim form for getting your postage back. I know it would mean the 12+2 starting again, but at least it is starting again. Like I say, I'm new here so I'd wait for someone more experienced to come along. Hope that helps though.

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Hi,

Check with the company if they have received your request.

Or check if your payment has been cashed, cheque via the bank or postal order go to link below for more help.

can you check to see if a postal order has been cashed?

Lowell Financial (Monument) No CCA - File Closed ** WON**:D

1st Credit (Citi Financial) No CCA - Credit Report Marked 'Satisfied' ** WON **:D

American Express No CCA - Pending

RBS Mint No CCA - Pending

CL Finance (Morgan Stanley) No CCA - In Court:eek:

HSBC - No CCA - In Court:eek:

Link Financial (MBNA) No CCA - Pending

See - I said there would be more helpful advice along soon. Hope you get it sorted. :)

Taking on -

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Ok, can't find whewre to check on the RM site whether it has been cashed. That link just takes you to a site where it then gives you a link to the RM site, no actual page to check etc.

The only way I can check with them to see if they have received it is to ring them and I don't want to go down that route with these people. Not quite sure what to do.

Can they actually refuse mail? I suppose thay can do whatever they like can't they. They usually do! :rolleyes:

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

Inca....you have made more than a reasonable attempt in sending them the request by recorded delivery....don't panic too much, just keep the copies of the letters and the recorded delivery slips safe....if they haven't responded after 12+2 working days then send this next one by rec del too..

Account In Dispute

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Thanks for that.

I'll wait the alloted time and then hit them with that :D.... that will be Mon 22 Dec if I sent it on the 4th? I saw you saw working days etc.

Could you also point me in the right direction as to where I can find the telephone harrassment letter? Have looked in the templates and can't find it - Got it!

Cheers.

Edited by ***inca***

Hi Inca,

I'm exactly the same as you. I sent 9 CCA requests on the 4th. I make it the 23rd to hear (12+2) 4th-23rd inclusive (14 working days), but I may be wrong..lol

I've checked RM track and trace and so far 5 have been delivered, and out of the 4 that haven't one has gone to exactly the same address where one has been delivered...lol work that one out..lol!!!

I'm just going to sit tight, I have proof they have been sent to verified addresses, if they fail to act on it, well thats down to them. As far as I'm concerned I've done my bit...........now sit and wait. Hope you get it sorted m8 :)

Taz11

Taz11 v NatWest/Triton: Unenforceable :D

Taz11 v BOS: Unenforceable :D

Thanks for your post Taz, I don't feel quite so panicked now!

Goodness knows why they haven't been delivered. Hopefully it's just a RM oversight or something.

I'll put a note on my Outlook system it's the 23rd Dec and will have the other letter ready to send them.

Hope you get it all sorted too - I am not a patient person that's my trouble ;)

To be perfectly honest Inca, I used to panic when a statement or threat came through my door, and tried to pay as I was worried of consequences. The best thing I ever did was go to CAB, who reassured me that unsecured creditors "are not important", and in fact "my family and myself are the important ones". I know it sounds silly, but just that one sentence felt like it had been lifted (I know it hasn't).

CAB told me, they can't take what I haven't got, living is of upmost importance, that means, utilities, roof, eating etc... I now look at it this way.

They can all go sing as far as I'm concerned, until they can prove otherwise.

Keep at 'em m8y ;)

Taz11

• Haha 1

Taz11 v NatWest/Triton: Unenforceable :D

Taz11 v BOS: Unenforceable :D

Hi Inca.

Not all deliveries are logged on the RM website, you need to ring 08459 272100 to get confirmation as it may have been a bulk delivery with only one signature for the lot.

As far as the PO is concerened, ring 01246 542091 and quote your voucher ID number off the receipt that was given to you when you purchased the order - they can tell you if it has been cashed along with details of when and by whom.

M

Postal Orders are dealt with by The Post Office and not Royal Mail.

:)

• Haha 1

I started with nothing - and now years later, I have most if it left!

Fantastic, thanks for that!

I am on the phone to Royal Mail now, apparently they have no details of it!

:mad:

You obviously have the reciept and a copy of the letter as your own proof.

Either sit on it or send another request out or send the account in dispute letter as 42man suggested. You've already done your part. Personally I would dispute when you know the timing has passed. If they then dispute they never recieved the letter you can post a copy of the receipt with a copy letter

I am just extremely frustrated that it happens to be this letter that is seemingly 'lost'.

I will wait and then sent the dispute letter.

My last payment was due on Dec 1st and I have heard nothing from them which is most odd!

Seems odd yes - they prob have the cca letter and are wondering what to do with it! Any overdue payments with dca's are usually lept on straight away.

Remember alot of these company's have to bulk sign for recorded deliveries so it is probably on a sheet with loads of others

Edited by studentatou
Addition

Exactly. The last time I was late with a payment they rang me 24-7.

I'll send the dispute as soon as I can, surely I will have heard from them by then though.

They just rang. They must have been reading the thread :rolleyes:

Balls.

It hasn't.

What do you suggest? :confused: Still wait and then send the dispute, or what?

What's the point in sending red del if it's not going to get there :x

As far as the recorded delivery not arriving goes, I personally would wait until 15 working days have passed (apparently that is how long it has to be before RM consider the item lost) then put in an application for compensation. If you don't get proof of it having been delivered from their enquiries via that route you will at least get the money you spent on postage back - and because it was 'only' a sheet of paper (nothing of ACTUAL value apparently) then you will prob get sent a book of stamps too.

Taking on -

Will do.

What would you do, send another CCA or leave it and then send the dispute.

Do these places always cash the PO?

Personally I would wait - you already have proof that it is posted (your receipt), check with RM when the 15 days is up - put in a claim with them and then send another CCA. If the dca continue to ring just tell them you want any communication in writing and don't say a thing to them apart from you are waiting a reply to your letter

Well they just rang, asked me to confirm my security details and I said no :D

The fool on the other end of the phone started stuttering and umming and errrming and I just said that I have told them before I will only communicate with them in writing and that I am still waiting for a reply to the letter that I sent them last week.

I feel so proud of myself :D my heart is going ten to the dozen!