Nemo - Repossession hearing please help***SUSPENDED***

isoprox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I honestly don't think the judge will order eviction - do you know if there are any duty legal reps at the court in the morning ? if so approach them and they will accompany you into the hearing to support your case. Do you know what you'll say if the judge asks why you didn't pay as per the proposal you made in March ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if there is a duty solicitor , but I will ask when I get there, if the judge asks about March and April payments I'm going to say that they refused payments, I am able to pay a lump sum of a £1,000.00 off the arrears but not until the 26/05/16 if need be I will offer this if I think it's going against us, within my defence statement I have given a full proposal and also have given accurate figures of arrears and balance in 2013 and to be honest since 2013 and current we have paid of nearly £8,000.00 of the balance since 2013 so it clearly states we have paid a good lump of it I hope these facts and figures helps with the decision.

Did the lender actually refuse to take payment from you or did they just refuse your proposal to repay the arrears? Whichever way, the judge would think you should have kept these payments to one side and if you had made these payments the judge would see that you were committed to clearing the arrears.

I take it you no longer have the money for the March & April payments?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Just because they refuse your proposal doesn't mean you stop paying altogether, you should always make payments especially as an eviction notice is imminent - you need to show that you are sincere about sticking to regular payment.. My concern is that the judge sees you made a proposal to pay a few months ago and then didn't make any payment - this could be seen as you not being commited to reducing the arrears. It would have been helpful to your case if you had paid the money you have before the hearing.

I know what you mean, but at the end of the day you made a proposal to pay and then didn't make the payments in line with the proposal or keep the payments to one side so they could be paid when necessary.

In any case, it may not be an issue, but you need to know the judge could ask the question, that was what was worrying me.

And too be honest if we need too we could somehow get that money for March/April payments and say that we kept aside as we didn't know what the outcome was going to be and that we would need this for deposits if we needed to rent etc

And by the way I must thank you for the defence letter I ran it past someone I know and they said it's the best n244 they had Seen so thank you

Thank you for those kind words - I just want to give you the best chance possible and it's lovely to know it's appreciated :)

Glad you have thought of something to say if asked about those payments. It may not come up but I just wanted you to be aware of anything that might be an issue so you're prepared.

I'm sure it will all go well for you tomorrow - please don't forget to come back and give us the good news :)

13 can be very lucky :)

I'm sure you will be sending me the good news ! :)

You can always ask - but I don't expect you'll need to :)

Best of luck isoprox

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Brilliant ! you obviously got a good judge :) Can you give us a bit more detail about what was said in the hearing ?

I have changed the thread title to reflect this was nemo

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

tidied and merged the many threads on the many attempts by nemo to do this to you as well.

have you ever sent them an SAR to get all the statements?

if not do so.

I see you've had many debt management visits

and must have horrendous arrears, letter, etc etc fees

ALL these can be reclaimed back off the outstanding balance.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I look forward to reading it :)

I bet you're glad you didn't pay one of those repo companies now - they wouldn't have done anything more than we did for free

Ok I have had a bit more time to reflect on what a awful day we had yesterday and the days running up to the hearing,

well I arrived at the courts really early so that I could have a chat with on duty solicitor, and also the representative for nemo, my hearing time was for 14.30 however I didn't realise that all the other people in the waiting room was the same time,

it was getting on for 14.20 so I was petrified that I wasn't going to get to speak with the other parties, in rolled the rep for nemo, and she asked if we could have to chat try and come to a agreement before we went into the court room, to be honest she was being really nice about it all, but after I have reflected on it she was sort of doing this to get me cough up a better offer,

I put my proposal forward to her to pay a extra £100 plus the normal monthly payment she was very unsure that nemo would agree so I offered her a lump some of £1000 to be paid by the 26th of this month plus the £100 and the normal monthly payment of £286 by the 1st of next month,

she contacted nemo to see if they would accept, after about 5 minuets she got a call from nemo and they accepted the offer so I was so relived, next the duty solicitor came and appologised for they delay the rep explained that we had come to agreement so there was no need for a meeting the duty solicitor asked if I was happy and I agreed,

we then were called into the court room sat in front of the judge the rep explained to the judge that we had all agreed a proposal, and his response was to ignore her and went through my n244 she said again we have agreed he told her to stop talking as it was his decision to agree the proposal

he asked me how I got into the arrears and explained, he was really nice with me and then asked the rep how much the arrears were in total then how long was remaining he did his calculation and said to her I am ruling the norgan statement and dropped the payment to £60 plus the normal monthly payment,

she said I had offered a lump some of £1000

he said to me can I afford that

I said it would be ok

he said no you're not

I want to leave you with some left over

you only need to pay £500 and

then said to the rep you set people to fail

so in 2 months time you're back on their case

he wouldn't let her speak at all I was flabbergasted ,

SO I CANNOT THANK YOU MORE ELL-ENN I

hope this helps anyone that finds themselves in this position and please advice before you go to court.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

What a result ! I''m glad you got a judge who knew how these lenders and their reps operate- and reducing your monthly payment was a great win for you. You must be so relieved.

You must make sure you don't miss any payments - even by one day - or they will immediately issue another eviction notice. If possible you should try and pay a couple of days early to ensure they receive it on time.

Well done for staying strong.

When you are back on your feet you might consider making a small donation to CAG. The site is run solely on donations - every amount, no matter how small, helps us to keep the site running and continuing to give advice on these situations.