Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

My girlfriend has received a letter from Marston's this evening, hand posted at around 9pm this evening, she was in, nobody knocked or rang the bell.


It's regarding a heating oil bill from a previous property, this is the first she has heard about it. I'm assuming a CCJ must have been issued, but as I say, this is the first she's heard. The debt was around £800, they are demanding £1400. A fifa writ has been issued.


Am I right in assuming that we can simply pay the CCJ amount to the original creditor and tell Marston's to do a running jump for their fees?

Link to post
Share on other sites

so you have not had any paperwork concerning the CCJ?

How do you know one exists?

i'd pop up on a CRA site and get a copy of your report.

then if you find out the Court, i'd ring & apply for a Stay of execution, based on the fact that you have had no chance to contest it/no paperwork served direct.



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice.


When court proceedings are issued, does the defendant have to sign for the documents before they are deemed as served?


You say we need to apply for a stay, what's the point if she's going to pay it? Sorry if that's a daft question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The creditor has obtained a CCJ and paid a sum to have the case transferred up to the High Court for enforcement and it is then passed to a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO). Marston's are such a firm.


The ONLY way of having this debt taken away from Marston (and cancelling their fees) is for the creditor (oil company) to agree to tack the debt back or for your partner to apply to have the Judgement set aside on the basis that she was unable to either pay the debt at the pre judgement stage or to file an objection to the action.


The creditor is most unlikely to take the debt back as they will not want a claim from Marston Group for the lost fees. The CORRECT route would be to apply to set aside the Judgement. This will also stop all enforcement action.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...